Non-Lions discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The irony is that probably all of them wearing one, owned a flat-cap anyway.

Bonus point to Zac Touhy for the high-pant action.

Also, gotta love the older gent in the background with the cane looking on thinking "you won't think it's so funny in 30 years".

The irony is that probably all of them wearing one, owned a flat-cap anyway.

Bonus point to Zac Touhy for the high-pant action.

Also, gotta love the older gent in the background with the cane looking on thinking "you won't think it's so funny in 30 years".
Personally I liked Rohan’s moccasins

Joel Selwood set to announce his retirement at 1pm... what a fantastic career he has had.
Probably just edged out Troy in the end

Does Selwood have claims on 'GOAT' midfielder?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to my mind. He's been very very good for a long time but plenty of others had higher peaks and a long career.

Not to my mind. He's been very very good for a long time but plenty of others had higher peaks and a long career.

I confess to be torn ahaha.

Given how many hidings he's given us over the years as part of Geelong, I'd desperately like to write him off lol.

I can't get past my hurt :(

No, very good player but not in the elite status of midfielders I have seen(circa 1999 onwards), would be behind the likes of Michael Voss, Nathan Buckley, Simon Black, Chris Judd, Ben Cousins, Mark Ricciuto, Sam Mitchell, Gary Ablett Jnr, Scott Pendlebury IMO.

Of that list Selwood's playing style most closely resembles Vossy but would take Vossy in a heartbeat over Selwood.

Selwood was a constant force at the coal face, contest after contest. One of the best at it, like Blacky.

But if my team was down by 16 points at 3 quarter time and I was looking for a mid to go ballistic, grab the game by the scruff and turn the tide, there are quite a few I’d want before Selwood.

Voss, Ablett, Buckley, Hird, Judd are an easy 5, there would be more.

Last edited:
Chris Scott seems to have forgotten that Michael Voss is the best player he has seen. Pity he missed the re-union.

Selwood has been a very good player for a long time, it's unfortunate this his true legacy will be his signature "shoulder shrug" which arguably has tainted an entire generation of footballers that have come after him.
That’s what I’ll remember him for. Getting the good bloke narrative these past few weeks but I can’t forgive him for spreading this blight of a tactic throughout the code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back