Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, nah, that's precious. He only need react to what happens, whether there is a ban or security breach or policy. If there has to be a line drawn, then others will take care of those who cross it. If he had hit him or thrown something at him then totally entitled to blow up.
If you or I were walking down the street and someone pat us on the shoulder, we'd be entitled to feel threatened or violated, but if that's the worst thing to happen in your day, you'd be happy and far from worthy of a verbal sook.

Yeah, nah, that's precious. He only need react to what happens, whether there is a ban or security breach or policy. If there has to be a line drawn, then others will take care of those who cross it. If he had hit him or thrown something at him then totally entitled to blow up.
If you or I were walking down the street and someone pat us on the shoulder, we'd be entitled to feel threatened or violated, but if that's the worst thing to happen in your day, you'd be happy and far from worthy of a verbal sook.
Really? Would have thought the players should be safe from any contact with fans. You start allowing things like that and see how long it takes before it becomes aggressive. Fans should under no circumstance be touching players. I don't think a player should have to wait until they are hit or have something thrown at them before they can say something about it.

Really? Would have thought the players should be safe from any contact with fans. You start allowing things like that and see how long it takes before it becomes aggressive. Fans should under no circumstance be touching players. I don't think a player should have to wait until they are hit or have something thrown at them before they can say something about it.
But he's already been pat on the back. Will him having a whinge stop someone else doing the same? Will someone who wants to hit or throw something at a player think back to this incident and think "Oops, better not do that"?
Just what did having a spit achieve? Was a pat on the back, an attack that deserved a gobful? What line did it draw? In over a hundred years of football, how many assaults on players have we seen, and would his shrugging off of this instance invite further contact or be seen as acceptance of aggression? I think that's a long bow to draw. I don't see it as a case of needing to draw a line or else anarchy & assault ensues.

But he's already been pat on the back. Will him having a whinge stop someone else doing the same? Will someone who wants to hit or throw something at a player think back to this incident and think "Oops, better not do that"?
Just what did having a spit achieve? Was a pat on the back, an attack that deserved a gobful? What line did it draw? In over a hundred years of football, how many assaults on players have we seen, and would his shrugging off of this instance invite further contact or be seen as acceptance of aggression? I think that's a long bow to draw. I don't see it as a case of needing to draw a line or else anarchy & assault ensues.

A line has to be draw somewhere. Isn't "no uninvited contact" the most logical and easily policed policy? Is the game diminished as a result? I don't think so.

Nah you gotta put a stop to it before it starts. There is absolutely no reason for any leniency for this sort of thing otherwise you get a situation where fans think certain things are okay when it comes to putting their hands on players. Where do you draw the line?

A line has to be draw somewhere. Isn't "no uninvited contact" the most logical and easily policed policy? Is the game diminished as a result? I don't think so.
If that's a policy that players/AFL wish to adopt & enforce, then so be it, up to them. It still doesn't require such a reaction. It was a tap on the arm. It was an over-reaction.

Nah you gotta put a stop to it before it starts. There is absolutely no reason for any leniency for this sort of thing otherwise you get a situation where fans think certain things are okay when it comes to putting their hands on players. Where do you draw the line?
But it didn't/won't put a stop to it, is my point.
As said above, if that is to be a policy, fine. Police it. Fine the guy.
But that doesn't change the fact that Nick got all upset and abusive (had stern words at least) for what was a mere tap on the arm.

If it was such an issue, security should have been there ASAP to at least have a stern talk to the person in question. Did security have anything to do with him at all?

No way the drug cheating scum should get pick #1 for having a crap season, due to their deliberate cheating. How the hell does a club that rorts the salary cap lose first & second round picks, but a club that cheats with performance enhancing drugs get a slap on the wrist by comparison? Farcical AFL.

Yeah!!....draw the line..... I hated it when Hird spontateosly hugged a supporter..

But it didn't/won't put a stop to it, is my point.
As said above, if that is to be a policy, fine. Police it. Fine the guy.
But that doesn't change the fact that Nick got all upset and abusive (had stern words at least) for what was a mere tap on the arm.
I think it will, we rarely see incidents like this and it is because of the strict policy the AFL has in place. A couple of seasons ago we saw it happen in Perth on multiple occasions but not anymore since they started cracking down on it. I don't blame him at all for having a go at the guy, wtf was he thinking?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way the drug cheating scum should get pick #1 for having a crap season, due to their deliberate cheating. How the hell does a club that rorts the salary cap lose first & second round picks, but a club that cheats with performance enhancing drugs get a slap on the wrist by comparison? Farcical AFL.

And this is my hope for the pp. I think the league in general and the public would be happier if brisbane got pick one as a pp than the cheaters got pick one.

Carlton have no right to be this close to Sydney but just goes to show when you have great structure on and off the field things can change quickly.
We lost to Sydney by 3.

Key word in my post was "uninvited".

Yep...Wasn't having a go.....fully support drawing the line... don't care if it is invited or uninvited........At the time didn't like the Hird Hug (great if you were that bombers fan!) ..But, have written this before, saw a nasty bad sport attempt at a Norf game..Boomer kicked a match winning goal and celebrated in his usual fashion by cheekily high fiving those behind the goals, as he ran from one point post to the next..It was the opposition cheersquad/ supporters end and one thug, tried a big round house..thankfully it didn't connect ....Then there was the Coke bottle thrown at Chris Johnston at Ethiad..We've even had team supporters mainly Richmond spit on their own players..

How many times do we see ugly supporters leaning over the fence givin' a mouthfull to opposition supporters.(Big in the west)..just not a good look.

You have to have the line somewhere on what is acceptable and what isn't. Think Physical touch is nice, easy and clear for everyone to understand. Unless the players are walking around the fence to give high 5s after a win, no contact at all.

Was so impressed by Aaron Francis on Sunday. I really wanted him last year but obviously I'm more than content with Schache. Francis looks the second coming of Goddard back when he was good
Yep clearly with the value on KPP's and how hard they are to come by (as well as how bloody well Schache has played this year) we were absolutely right to draft as we did. But its pretty easy to admire Francis and see he could be a really good player that we would love to have

Yep...10 years ago a North fan had a go at Dean Laidley when he was coach at North...at half time then after the game... was caught on national television... most unfortunate incident..

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2006/05/30/1148754977717.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back