Non-Lions Footy Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best chance to get Grand Final tickets? Thinking of heading down, never been to one before. Secondary market or is there another option?
Very much depends on who is playing. Two big Victorian teams and tickets become hard to come by. An interstate team and there is usually a bunch for sale. Either corporate or AFL members onselling them

Chicago Bears and N.E Patriots had joint practice session yesterday. Bears coach John Fox talks about it here: http://www.chicagobears.com/multime...practice/68b4e98e-db29-48f4-aed0-8780ac01bbfe

I wonder if AFL teams have ever done this or would consider it? Not a practice game but just practice where they they take turns working on stoppages, centre clearances etc.
North Melbourne and Geelong did it a few years back. Brad and Chris Scott being twin brothers probably made it somewhat easy for them to facilitate.

A bit like the stages of grief. I wonder how many stages of coach sacking?
Lyon is one of probably only 2 unsackable coaches in the league,despite never having won a premiership. He's a good coach,but seems to have this reputation as some kind of coaching messiah. I feel like not even Alistair Clarkson gets as much praise even with all that he's achieved.

Interesting to watch the media's pressure on Freo.

It appears they're up to the 'player unrest' stage.
TBH the fallout is already happening with key back office staff leaving and Ballintyne wanting out, their list is old too.

We might actually be ahead of somebody next year.

Looks like the wheels might be falling off Lyon's wagon at Freo... hailed by so many I'm not sure he'll ever get that premiership he drives his players for. Almost the completely opposite situation to ours here and probably the more typical reason a coach gets booted... he's lost the players.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/why...2d29eb2b9b388f35f0cb34f1a8136?from=public_rss
From the article:

The Dockers need a mentor, a positive influence. A Bolton at Carlton, a Beveridge at the Dogs, a Leppa at Br … whoa.

Cheap shot much?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-18/michael-hurley-signs-new-five-year-deal-with-Essendon

Hurley was contracted for 2017 but is now tied to the Bombers to the end of 2022 on a deal believed to be worth about $800,000 a season.

Wow, well played Michael Hurley.

Not sure who his manager is, but he must be a seriously Machiavellian negotiator.

I have to wonder if Hurley had followed Zaharakis' lead and refused to participate in the program, whether he might have ultimately been worse off financially. The drugs suspension certainly seems to have strengthened his bargaining position, paradoxically.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-18/michael-hurley-signs-new-five-year-deal-with-Essendon

Not sure who his manager is, but he must be a seriously Machiavellian negotiator.

I have to wonder if Hurley had followed Zaharakis' lead and refused to participate in the program, whether he might have ultimately been worse off financially. The drugs suspension certainly seems to have strengthened his bargaining position, paradoxically.
AKA "Out of court settlement".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boo.

Edit - no way should the bombers get pick 1.

Prestia declaring he wants to be traded to a Victorian club just highlights how damaging the academy system is to the AFL. How can Collingwood and Richmond survive in this hostile environment?

Prestia declaring he wants to be traded to a Victorian club just highlights how damaging the academy system is to the AFL. How can Collingwood and Richmond survive in this hostile environment?

I don't know what you're alluding to, but he's clearly just heading to Richmond for the guarantee of immediate finals success.

You northern state whingers just need to win for a bit. That'll fix your problems.

I don't know what you're alluding to, but he's clearly just heading to Richmond for the guarantee of immediate finals success.

You northern state whingers just need to win for a bit. That'll fix your problems.

Easy fix 1 - a pp each at start of first round for Tigers and Pies and some extra assistance to deal with the PTSD from having to leave the state so often.

Easy fix 2 - remind him of how combining the terms 'guarantee', 'finals' and 'Richmond' have certain historical disfunctionality ... then point him to the Swans or GWS

Easy fix 3 - no probs - just keep giving our top players away and we will easily by ... um ... sorry what was the question again?

It's a difficult problem clubs getting unders whenever a player demands a trade. Bringing in trading future picks has definitely helped. At least we have the academy concessions for now to partially offset losing players to their home states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back