Non-Lions Footy Season, 2016 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
17,000 at the Collingwood home game against GCS:eek: Lowest crowd since 1989.

Melbourne clubs get such a financial boost from having a local derbies every second home game. It is what it is, but that doesn't mean it is fair.

Has Eddie requested compensation for being forced to play a home game against such a low drawing team?

The Port fans were even pretty feral at the Gabba a few weeks ago. Gee that is low to throw a Banana at Eddie Betts.

I saw this post and I was like "No way. No one is that stupid."

Then I actually looked on the AFL site.

After everything that Adam Goodes went through, after everything that has been said about racism, people STILL think s**t like this is okay?! What the everliving **** is wrong with people?!

Not even #freekickHawthorn get Hawthorn out of jail this time.

Final margin absolutely flattered the Hawks.

The dam wall is close to bursting.

Someone is going to give them one helluva touch up .....and soon!
I can't believe how they get away with mouthing off at the umpire every time a free kick is paid against them.
Self entitled brats!!

The Port fans were even pretty feral at the Gabba a few weeks ago. Gee that is low to throw a Banana at Eddie Betts.

Shithouse act.

Not about all Port fans though, just one moron who hopefully is looking at a lifetime ban.

You'd think the woman probably didn't realise the symbolism behind it in the moment- which of course doesn't much difference - but it's a scary echo of the stuff that African players go through in some parts of Europe, where fans bring bananas to games specifically to throw at them, while making ape noises.

EDIT: As below, so she clearly did get the symbolism, or at least part of it. Yeesh.

And over on the Port board there's a couple of posters wailing about how they're getting bullied into apologising for a misdemeanour.

Humanity can go fornicate itself.

Last edited:
Unfortunately the tribalism that is attached with supporting sports teams attracts those uneducated, bigoted types. Lots of morons out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, gotta be careful not to cast stones when we're in a pretty fragile glass house. Heard one or two racist comments towards Goodes last time he played up here.

That game was so embarrassing. Yes, I'll admit that I didn't like Goodes as a player (the number of times he tore us a new one...) but I purposefully refrained from booing that night because no matter what reasoning I had, to boo him that night would have been racist (IMO of course) due to everything that was going on. Why more people couldn't have been more mature and shown we were above that was beyond me, is it really that hard NOT to boo someone?!

I thought this was a joke headline or something when I first read it. It just makes me sad now - like, if the message hasn't been sent over the last 2 seasons that it is unacceptable behaviour, what hope do we have?

It will be a slow educational process. I guess at the end of he day the most effective means of combating such a virulent strain of racism is to treat it with the ridicule that it deserves.

Throwing stuff at players is bad enough without even considering the racial elements. How sad that people think any of it is ok. Now that her picture is out there and all over the internet she is going to cop it for a while.

Throwing stuff at players is bad enough without even considering the racial elements. How sad that people think any of it is ok. Now that her picture is out there and all over the internet she is going to cop it for a while.

Unfortunately so might a few red headed, female port supporters.

I thought this was a joke headline or something when I first read it. It just makes me sad now - like, if the message hasn't been sent over the last 2 seasons that it is unacceptable behaviour, what hope do we have?

It will be a slow educational process. I guess at the end of he day the most effective means of combating such a virulent strain of racism is to treat it with the ridicule that it deserves.

Dani Alves agrees.

Yeah, gotta be careful not to cast stones when we're in a pretty fragile glass house. Heard one or two racist comments towards Goodes last time he played up here.

I'm not worried about glass houses. This is a situation where 'who you support' is entirely irrelevant. If this was a Lions supporter I would want them publically shamed and banned for life also.

This isn't 'anti-Port' or 'pro-Crows' or even about football, this is a member of humanity who has wilfully ignored and/or resisted progress that began prior to her birth.

Lamentable and quite sad. Just hope a few more onlookers across Australia realise why this can't be tolerated.

Cripps loved life today without Robbo following him around...

Eddie Betts is regularly getting goals from the most difficult angles . His fluke shots remind me of Aka.

fluke1
fluːk/
noun
  1. 1.
    an unlikely chance occurrence, especially a surprising piece of luck.
    "their victory was a bit of a fluke"
    synonyms: chance, coincidence, accident, a twist of fate; More

verb
  1. 1.
    achieve (something) by luck rather than skill.
I think Eddie and Aker deserve a bit more credit than fluke, given how often they do/did it. Surely their skill outweighs their 'luck'.

You would expect Goodwin to come under the microscope next year if Melb go backwards. Even though they lost today, people seem relatively optimistic about their chances for finals next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back