Non-Lions Footy Season, 2016 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professional broadcaster in a nationally televised game.

I don't like it. I'm spoiled by the incredible professionalism of US sportscasters though.
Sometimes emotions get the better of you.
No harm in that.can happen to anyone.
I don't like Luke Darcy as a broadcaster.but can understand the sheer emotion. He was involved in.some heart breaking losses.

Leon Cameron's presser was very impressive. Controlled, rational, gracious toward the Bulldogs. Acknowledging that the Giants have to keep improving because others will be. I think they will seek to trade in some more experience.

The price of GF tickets will be the loudest thing to come up this week.. Out of reach of most of their supporters..

Peter Gordon needs to stand up and shout them all a ticket.

Dogs keep turning up week after week but I do wonder how much they have left. Syd have their own worries but I fear it could be a walkover.

Was barracking pretty solidly for GWS but don't begrudge the Doggies their win (even if there were a lot of 50/50 calls that favored them)

Those decrying the "fairytale" need to get a life.....nothing wrong with the old romantic notion of the underdog rising from the ashes to sweep all before them. Especially when they took down Hawthorn on the way.

So go the DOGGIES next week:thumbsu:

Bob crying.

Had to do a double take then.

91b230a3b62fb81e5e9fb854e59c03d2.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No GF for me. Oh well.

On the doggies. Would be a nice fairytale.

On the other hand, would love to stick it to the victards.......

You guys are no fun. Why wouldn't the public/media be excited about the doggies? Injuries to key players during the season (most notable Murphy, sad that he won't play the grand final), finished 7th, played 3 consecutive away finals against the Eagles, Hawks and the Giants and are about to play their first grand final in 55 years in which most of their supporters have never been able to witness. Honestly if people aren't getting excited about that then there is something wrong.

Hahahaha, fair enough. Not sure where you're located so not sure what level of exposure you get to the Melbourne media, but I had Bulldogs fatigue around mid season with the over the top nature of the reporting about them at times. But as I said, it's a great story and I'm really happy for some people I know. There will be a heap of excitement around the Dogs this week and that's great for their fans. It's been a long time between drinks and it'd be good to see them celebrate next week.

But that doesn't mean I'll be tuning in to watch Gerard give Bob Murphy yet another hand job on 360 this week. :)

Not making excuses for either team, but IMO the fact both 'straight through to the prelim' teams had played twice in 28/29 days is an issue. Both started slow with respective opponests look sharper and harder the whole game. Might just be coincidence that history was defied in both semi final teams making it, but you dont want a cloud over whether the breaks are good.

Imo, as i raised this going in to the finals, 2 games in a month at the pointy end is undesirable and both teams looked as if eyes wernt adjusted to the big bright lights if you ask me. They both looked soft, but again.. just an observation.. not taking anything away from syg / dogs.

Apart from that GO DOGS! ive never been so invested in a non lions game in all my life.

Particularly as run in the midfield is where they struggled I thought, although acknowledging they lost Ward early.

I would like to see one playing emergency made available that can be triggered if a player goes down in the first half only. Feel that GWS V Swans games was heavily impacted by the Swans early injuries. Games are usually over if 2 players go down in the first half. Also acts of bravery or stupidity causing concussing from either side, shoukdnt punish / reward either side.. by losing a rotation. 1 playing emergency would be good.

I would like to see one playing emergency made available that can be triggered if a player goes down in the first half only. Feel that GWS V Swans games was heavily impacted by the Swans early injuries. Games are usually over if 2 players go down in the first half. Also acts of bravery or stupidity causing concussing from either side, shoukdnt punish / reward either side.. by losing a rotation. 1 playing emergency would be good.
I wouldn't mind that too. The only question mark I'd have over it would be teams possibly taking advantage of the use of a reserve player. I could see teams benching an "injured" player that's having no impact on a game being replaced by a fresh reserve.

I wouldn't mind that too. The only question mark I'd have over it would be teams possibly taking advantage of the use of a reserve player. I could see teams benching an "injured" player that's having no impact on a game being replaced by a fresh reserve.
The sub rule is terrible lets never go back there

Injuries hurt the dogs more with their only ruckman going down and they still won in the end

Any replacement they wouldve had would have been a midfielder, so sub rule wouldnt have helped them last night, probably gets GWS the win.

So luck with injury is going to come into it anyway sub or no sub... so leave it alone IMO

You guys are no fun. Why wouldn't the public/media be excited about the doggies? Injuries to key players during the season (most notable Murphy, sad that he won't play the grand final), finished 7th, played 3 consecutive away finals against the Eagles, Hawks and the Giants and are about to play their first grand final in 55 years in which most of their supporters have never been able to witness. Honestly if people aren't getting excited about that then there is something wrong.
Not to mention the tough start they had to the year.
Capturewbf.JPG

There would ne an obvious reason for some dislike of the doggies from us, and that is.. their journey flys in the face of the excuse culture that helps up sleep at night, it leaves us without reason and puts heat back on the mistakes we have made over the last 10 years.

They are everything we hope to be, but everything that we are so far from - and they destabilise the rationale we have created for our woes.

There would ne an obvious reason for some dislike of the doggies from us, and that is.. their journey flys in the face of the excuse culture that helps up sleep at night, it leaves us without reason and puts heat back on the mistakes we have made over the last 10 years.

They are everything we hope to be, but everything that we are so far from - and they destabilise the rationale we have created for our woes.

Love this. Good post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back