Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cripps looks slow. Ryan Lester slow.
Very predictable in his movements, always looks to take a tackler on and as a result gets tackled out of the play while getting rid of the ball rather than giving it and maybe getting it back and staying involved.
Don't think he overly trusts his kicking himself.
Enjoy watching him play though

Only Round 1 and against the Blues but the Tigers looked good. Nankervis, Prestia and Caddy are good additions to the core of Martin, Rance, Riewoldt and Cotchin.

Dusty is an absolute freak. Has propelled himself to the same level of Fyfe/Dangerfield but needs to perform like tonight on a consistent basis to be rated alongside those guys. His game tonight was one of the better individual performances I've seen. How was that 80m torp!

Blues were terrible, however, SPS and Pickett are going to add some much needed speed and skill to their side and I thought Caleb Marchback looked outstanding down back despite a few errors. Reminded me of Patfull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we saw two of our fellow bottom four sides last night. Richmond has as many one way runners as we do and, aside from a few, their skills are below par.

I thought Carlton showed a heap of promise but I don't know that they'll be climbing the ladder just yet. The challenge for them is whether they can have a mini crack at the top 8 in a year or so time while Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson etc are still playing decent footy.

Speaking of Murphy, I checked the AFL stats page and their "fantasy" points system had Murphy and Martin scoring the same. I'd be surprised if we see too
many midfield performances as good as Martin's last night. Not suggesting Murphy had a poor game but Martin was head and shoulders above every other player on the field.

If both teams are going to persist with those loopy over the top handballs they will both be smashed. Carlton back 6 looks shaky. Sps looked one of their better players right up.

Martin is head and shoulders Richmonds best player. Off field would still be a concern and I doubt he leaves Melbourne. Rioli will be very useful too.

Carlton only got a couple of passages of running/linking play and you always thought it could go wrong at every possession. It was like watching us last year

Will be interesting to see how Brandan Parfitt goes with Geelong, especially getting a game straight off the bat in a fairly developed side. Quigley was hot on him last year
yep, i was hoping we went Parfitt instead of Cox on the back of Quigley and few highlight reels. i want to be wrong now.

I thought we saw two of our fellow bottom four sides last night. Richmond has as many one way runners as we do and, aside from a few, their skills are below par.

I thought Carlton showed a heap of promise but I don't know that they'll be climbing the ladder just yet. The challenge for them is whether they can have a mini crack at the top 8 in a year or so time while Murphy, Gibbs, Simpson etc are still playing decent footy.

Speaking of Murphy, I checked the AFL stats page and their "fantasy" points system had Murphy and Martin scoring the same. I'd be surprised if we see too
many midfield performances as good as Martin's last night. Not suggesting Murphy had a poor game but Martin was head and shoulders above every other player on the field.
Carlton will be down with us. Richmond will probably tease by winning enough games to finish 9th to 13th. Both teams still rely heavily on their best few players. Ironically, I think Richmond have fewer than Carlton but Murphy and Gibbs are way below Martin in class. Cripps was down last night. So was Simpson - he and Murphy made some errors whereas Martin played close to a flawless game. Hard to look at him with those tatts but a super player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back