Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were 7th the Eagles at the start of the round. Not that I really care. Port clearly pretenders.

At the time of the match, the Eagles were out of the 8. Stop trying to ruin the stat on a technicality!

Port are only 10-7. Even if they win 4 out of the last 5 they'll still have only won 14 games. That barely gets you in the eight some years. The top 10 or 11 is really even this year.

Quality melts on the Port board. Delicious tears.

Hinkley oscillates between master coach and worst coach ever on a weekly basis over there.

There's still a strong contingent that like to pin every loss on Voss though.

Last edited:
Suns are so bad without Ablett. Tough to see them making the eight in the next few years.

Suns are so bad without Ablett. Tough to see them making the eight in the next few years.
They're going nowhere. Not sure what Eade's trying to do, they chip it around for a while but get nowhere, someone takes the game on, they turn it over.

They're going nowhere. Not sure what Eade's trying to do, they chip it around for a while but get nowhere, someone takes the game on, they turn it over.

This has been such a lacklustre performance.

They don't look like they have anything to play for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do you let Liam Picken kick 6.2?

Suns might have been given some expensive building materials but their foundations are made of sand.

I would take our position going forward any day. Fagan and Noble are laying a heavy concrete slab.

How do you let Liam Picken kick 6.2?

Suns might have been given some expensive building materials but their foundations are made of sand.

I would take our position going forward any day. Fagan and Noble are laying a heavy concrete slab.
Suns have more talent,it's a nice starting point.It can be turned around pretty easily with tweaks of staff,especially senior coach.

Are the Suns going to be playing extra games in Cairns and somewhere like Townsville next year with the Commonwealth Games? Would think that's the logical thing for the Suns to do. Suns crowds at the Gabba won't be flash - might be smaller than they otherwise would in Cairns and Townsville if they're playing a low-drawing club.

You'd imagine the Bulldogs would like to focus on Ballarat now the venue is complete now - so from a long-term perspective it makes sense too for the Suns to start committing home games to that area now.

Well, Mr MM has just taken himself off to bed in disgust, saying I now know how you Lions fans feel, no wonder you curse and yell at the tv like you do!:D

Saints in trouble against the Swans. The Swans are so reliable year in, year out. Always up there when it counts.

Well, Mr MM has just taken himself off to bed in disgust, saying I now know how you Lions fans feel, no wonder you curse and yell at the tv like you do!:D

Saints in trouble against the Swans. The Swans are so reliable year in, year out. Always up there when it counts.
Would be awesome if one day if we were as consistently good as the Swans have been over the last 10 or so years, 2 premierships, 3 runners up, top 4 H&A last 5 years in a row and missed the finals once since 2005.

Maybe a premiership or 2 more would be good though over our next 10 or so years.

Are the Suns going to be playing extra games in Cairns and somewhere like Townsville next year with the Commonwealth Games? Would think that's the logical thing for the Suns to do. Suns crowds at the Gabba won't be flash - might be smaller than they otherwise would in Cairns and Townsville if they're playing a low-drawing club.

You'd imagine the Bulldogs would like to focus on Ballarat now the venue is complete now - so from a long-term perspective it makes sense too for the Suns to start committing home games to that area now.
I thought the AFL was going to do a Gabba double header. Lions vs Carlton & Suns vs Richmond or something like that.
Both of you are right I think. Metricon will be out of action for 6 or so weeks so the Suns will have to move at least 3 home games, one of which will be the Double Header and a couple in NQ/China.

Both of you are right I think. Metricon will be out of action for 6 or so weeks so the Suns will have to move at least 3 home games, one of which will be the Double Header and a couple in NQ/China.
The Comm games go for 2 weeks, just 3 weekends.

If I am the AFL I want a game on the GC the weekend before the games start and the weekend after the games finish to take advantage of all the extra tourists.

The Comm games go for 2 weeks, just 3 weekends.

If I am the AFL I want a game on the GC the weekend before the games start and the weekend after the games finish to take advantage of all the extra tourists.
They'll need to to put down the running track and pull it up hence the 6 weeks needed for no AFL action at Metricon. They are supposed to be upping the capacity as well, not sure if that is permanent or temporary seating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back