Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it is satisfying to think they have no good picks this year, they did get O'Meara and Mitchell.

i.e. a couple of guaranteed guns (fitness pending in O'Meara's case). By finishing low it now means they at least paid maximum value for those guys :)

Although it is satisfying to think they have no good picks this year, they did get O'Meara and Mitchell.

i.e. a couple of guaranteed guns (fitness pending in O'Meara's case). By finishing low it now means they at least paid maximum value for those guys :)
Tom Mitchell is overrated imo. Quality player, however, he was the 4th/5th best midfielder at the Swans and despite racking the possessions up, he is struggling to have a big impact on games with the Hawks. JOM's ceiling is Judd level, however, can he reach that after the injuries he has had? He hasn't looked all that flash for the Hawks so far this year which is to be expected coming off 2 years on the sidelines but it is still up in the air whether he'll turn out to be the player he was once expected to be. Either way the Hawks gave up far too much for him. I don't think they have their second rounder this year either in addition to their 1st rounder which looks like it'll be a top 5 pick.

Last edited:

Unfortunately to the wrong team really.
GC would have loved to have had that pick.

Clarko having a sook in his presser - his team has no confidence they have lost 4 and not sure what happens moving forward - cry me a river - trying being a Brisbane lions supporter for the last 10 years. Gee I hope they are 0 - 7 when they play us and we get over the top - now that would be "special" :)

Clarko having a sook in his presser - his team has no confidence they have lost 4 and not sure what happens moving forward - cry me a river - trying being a Brisbane lions supporter for the last 10 years. Gee I hope they are 0 - 7 when they play us and we get over the top - now that would be "special" :)
we could be playing the hawks for the Darcy Fogarty cup in round 8. then again they wont get the first pick, the saints supporters will be cheering for us that weekend, maybe we can use their support for the port death riding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing that Carlton have that we are lacking is pace and overall their young midfield brigade looks to be good going forward, although we have it all over them in the young key position stakes bar Weitering. I would say they will be looking for key position forwards in the draft this year leaving Rayner, Fogarty or Stephenson for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back