Non-Lions Footy Season (2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

To be honest right now it would be a massive improvement.

Being in a game with 2 minutes left sounds pretty damn good to me too.

Give me heartbreak over utter resignation any day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Tigers' score graph is hilarious. How often do you reckon Dimma tells his team "You've got this"? They would have been stupidly confident at 3 quarter time.
View attachment 372861

The AFL app maintains a "time in front" stat. It'd be close to the highest possible for a loss with this game, given Richmond lead from less than fifteen seconds in the first quarter until just over a minute to go.

Green been really good today. Still wonder what was going through our heads letting him go. Clear mistake in list management and exactly what we're crying out for.

Sadly he needed to be delisted to wake the * up. Nothing else had worked. He wouldn't be playing like this this year if he was with us.

Sadly he needed to be delisted to wake the **** up. Nothing else had worked. He wouldn't be playing like this this year if he was with us.

Or maybe it's the environment at the Lions that stagnates players. It's not a coincidence that ex-Lions generally do better at their new clubs. Be it a fresh coaching style or playing for a club that actually has respect and stands for something. Shame though, it's all hindsight.

Or maybe it's the environment at the Lions that stagnates players. It's not a coincidence that ex-Lions generally do better at their new clubs. Be it a fresh coaching style or playing for a club that actually has respect and stands for something. Shame though, it's all hindsight.

Which wouldn't make it a list management issue then.

I think so.

You watch most other sides players taken pick 30+ and quite a few seem to go on and become good players.

Of late, aside from Rockliff, it is rare those similar players drafted go on and forge solid careers where they're above average.

Is it the coaching, the club, culture or the general atmosphere at the club that breeds this satisfaction of simply being an AFL player is good enough?

Aish/Crisp- Arguably gone backwards at the pies. Crisp was really showing something in is last few games with us.
Redden- No better.
Longer- No better.
Yeo/Docherty- Have got better.
Luenberger- Around the same.
Hanley- Who knows yet.
Green- Went to the Anzac game, playing no different IMO he's just in a better team now.
Patfull- Same.
Polec- Pretty similar, maybe slight improvement.
Karnezis- Spud.

IMO Yeo and Docherty the only 2 you could say have definitively got better at their new club but gee they were very young when they left us and showing signs of being good to very good players. Can't think of anyone else off hand who has left.

How on earth is Jack Redden so crap now? As soon as he left us he turned completely around the wrong way. I know he wasn't our best player but you could rely on him for 20+ touches every week. He was a solid B Grader easy.

We got Pick #17 for him, but if he wanted to come back now I can't imagine we'd give up anything more than a late third rounder (at best). Maybe that's what he needs actually? Can't see Redden at West Coast working at all. Just won't click.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back