Non-Lions Footy Season (2018)

Remove this Banner Ad

With Swallow and Martin out for the Suns I think the team they've named this week would struggle against the better state league teams

TBH McClure kind ahas a point IMO. We have been looked after a bit the past 5 years.... Blues have been given arguably the least help out of any Vic teams (Friday night games as the big ticket... wow:rolleyes:) and no where near as much as the Lions IIRC. I don't care if they got a end of round PP. It's the worst I have seen a team play since Melbourne although they have had injuries to key players...
Well u should have been there when we (the Lions)were playing at Princess Park and they would take 60% of our lousy gate takings then try and poach our players....the XXXXXxg MongXXXs deserve every little bit of lousy Karma they deserve....call urself a Lion????????

Last edited:

North Melbourne supposedly offering Polec 700 thousand a year.

They are either incredibly desperate to land a “big” name after a few years of trying or they just have too much salary cap and don’t know how to spend it...

...Or they actually think Polec is worth 700G.

Nah, must be one of the first two.

North Melbourne supposedly offering Polec 700 thousand a year.

They are either incredibly desperate to land a “big” name after a few years of trying or they just have too much salary cap and don’t know how to spend it...

...Or they actually think Polec is worth 700G.

Nah, must be one of the first two.

Sydney and Carlton also in the hunt apparently.

Odd, he’s the most unSydney player I could imagine.

Well u should have been there when we (the Lions)were playing at Princess Park and they would take 60% of our lousy gate takings then try and poach our players....the XXXXXxg MongXXXs deserve every little bit of lousy Karma they deserve....call urself a Lion????????
Over the top there. Just because you want to hold a grudge for 20+ years (your prerogative) doesn't mean everyone else should be expected to as well.

Over the top there. Just because you want to hold a grudge for 20+ years (your prerogative) doesn't mean everyone else should be expected to as well.
Ok sorry I have been grudging since 1967 so bit more than 20 yrs and I am sure you will find a hell of a lot of other lions also can't stand the blues but just sharing a bit of history for which ur co moderator called out for help with!!!!! I am a Lion forever! Yes I must apologise to size matters coz he may not be aware of the past wrongs.

SEN saying that David Swallow is weighing up is options and would be open to a move to Western Australia.

He's one of the Suns few hard nuts in the midfield, surely he wont go as well.

SEN saying that David Swallow is weighing up is options and would be open to a move to Western Australia.

He's one of the Suns few hard nuts in the midfield, surely he wont go as well.

Contracted at least, so they should get some sort of compensation.

Still though... ouch. Maybe he is resentful of Lachie Weller coming in and giving him competition for "prettiest player at the club".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I you were a decent footballer you wouldn't be hanging around if you had the choice.

I'd be recommending that their best players move up the M1 to the Lions.
Having a look at their list and ruling our Lynch, May and Swallow there is not a whole lot there that I'd be interested in ie. Jack Martin, Touk Miller and Ben Ainsworth, after that it's pretty much Meh.

Having a look at their list and ruling our Lynch, May and Swallow there is not a whole lot there that I'd be interested in ie. Jack Martin, Touk Miller and Ben Ainsworth, after that it's pretty much Meh.

Lynch and May are their only A graders and apart from Swallow and Martin they don't have many B graders.

The AFL should be really concerned

That seems totally overdramatic to me, so I went and had a look at their list.

Geez, you're not far wrong. Would take Jack Bowes, but yeah not much else beyond the names you mentioned. They're really thin eh.

That seems totally overdramatic to me, so I went and had a look at their list.

Geez, you're not far wrong. Would take Jack Bowes, but yeah not much else beyond the names you mentioned. They're really thin eh.
Yep, I was surprised as well when I had a look at their list, I thought of Jack Bowes as well + Will Brodie but from my limited viewing of them they haven't shown enough yet.

Yep, I was surprised as well when I had a look at their list, I thought of Jack Bowes as well + Will Brodie but from my limited viewing of them they haven't shown enough yet.

Hopefully I'm not totally clouded by bias here, but did a skim of our list to check which players would attract at least some appreciable degree of trade interest (on performance or potential) if they went on the market... seemed to be plenty more.

Christensen
Robinson
McCluggage
Beams
Rich
Martin
Berry
Zorko
Rayner
Cameron
McStay
Cutler
Gardiner
Witherden
Taylor
Hipwood
Andrews
Bailey
McInerney

Plus Robertson, Walker, Mathieson, Barrett could attract interest as role players on current form.

Didn't count Hodge as he is a bit of a special case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back