MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. Aus day hasn't been around very long, I'm certainly not wedded to the date. Couldn't care less what day it falls on.

How good are all the rednecks that have been spruiking cultural burning practices and saying that indigenous knowledge and culture should be respected, but are vehemently against changing the date and Aboriginals should just get over it. They're typically national party voters (or members).
Don't want a huge political debate but I reckon Australia Day should be changed. 90% of white Australians probably couldn't even tell ya where the first fleet landed.
There's alot of sooking in the world about nothing but this one seems pretty justified to me. I couldn't even tell ya the date of Australia Day until I was mid 20s. Just knew there was a piss up in January

Don't want a huge political debate but I reckon Australia Day should be changed. 90% of white Australians probably couldn't even tell ya where the first fleet landed.
There's alot of sooking in the world about nothing but this one seems pretty justified to me. I couldn't even tell ya the date of Australia Day until I was mid 20s. Just knew there was a piss up in January
The odd politicians and some media try to talk up Australia Day and it’s significance. I don’t buy it. The day itself really doesn’t have the cultural significance of Thanksgiving to Americans or Bastille Day to the French. I have never been a part of a family that has a regular prawn and kanga banga bbq or anything like that. And I don’t know anyone that does. I’ll keep the holiday though - I’ll take any I can get. But they could move the date without it being an issue to most people I would think.

How about giving us a date. Every campaigner carries on about changing the date yet doesnt give us an alternate date which does * all but gives media the same bullshit story every year. Come up with a date every campaigner will be like sweet no worries. date get changes and then media can complain about the complainers complaining about the date being changed.

How about giving us a date. Every campaigner carries on about changing the date yet doesnt give us an alternate date which does fu** all but gives media the same bullshit story every year. Come up with a date every campaigner will be like sweet no worries. date get changes and then media can complain about the complainers complaining about the date being changed.
I’d like a movable date so it always creates a long weekend. I reckon 1st Monday in February. There you go. In fact, put the new arrangements in place in the next week then we get a bonus holiday for this year.

1st of January seems the most logical , the date on when the colonies formally became Australia as we know it now. Growing up i seem to remember Aust day got moved around to the nearest monday to the 26th . Really don't think most Aussies give a * what day it is so long as its a day off and a long weekend .
We have a public holiday for a horse race , in Vic we have one for grand final eve FFs , we have Queens Birthday no where near her actual birthday , why is it so hard to sort this one out.

1st of January seems the most logical , the date on when the colonies formally became Australia as we know it now. Growing up i seem to remember Aust day got moved around to the nearest monday to the 26th . Really don't think most Aussies give a fu** what day it is so long as its a day off and a long weekend .
We have a public holiday for a horse race , in Vic we have one for grand final eve FFs , we have Queens Birthday no where near her actual birthday , why is it so hard to sort this one out.
Get ****ed. Putting in on new years day takes away an extra weekend. Ok changed my mind i dont a * what day it is as long as its not already on or next to an existing holiday

I’d like a movable date so it always creates a long weekend. I reckon 1st Monday in February. There you go. In fact, put the new arrangements in place in the next week then we get a bonus holiday for this year.
Should be the Sunday then Monday is the public holiday for hangovers. Not a chance any of my workers would show up Tuesday

Third Monday of January. Never falls on Jan 26 but still a perfect midsummer day off.
Sold.

I don’t think we need to choose a day with some historical significance. Any old day can be nominated as the celebratory day. If it’s good enough for QE2 and good enough for Jesus, it should be good enough for 30 million randoms to drink beer and avoid listening to Redgum

Either that or we trade to get Dom Tyson back for 2021.

How about giving us a date. Every campaigner carries on about changing the date yet doesnt give us an alternate date which does fu** all but gives media the same bullshit story every year. Come up with a date every campaigner will be like sweet no worries. date get changes and then media can complain about the complainers complaining about the date being changed.
Ask the indigenous people. No point asking anyone else because whatever date is announced, it will somehow be racist. I'm sure there is a date that is important to the aboriginal people that can have more of a cultural significance to this country than Invasion Day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a non-political option

Ask the indigenous people. No point asking anyone else because whatever date is announced, it will somehow be racist. I'm sure there is a date that is important to the aboriginal people that can have more of a cultural significance to this country than Invasion Day.
Man ive got so many mates who are black fellas ******* none of them give a s**t about it being where it is now and celebrate it like most of us. Its only the aboriginals who hate white people anyway so wouldnt matter what day its on theyd still have a problem and call it invasion day.

Here's a non-political option

* im in on that s**t. Is the dreamtime game set on a date or week? I know naidoc week is n july. But be pretty good to have dreamtime game on may 8 or day after or whatever that way we can use the day to celebrate indigenous people and their culture and have a drink to that.

Man ive got so many mates who are black fellas ******* none of them give a s**t about it being where it is now and celebrate it like most of us. Its only the aboriginals who hate white people anyway so wouldnt matter what day its on theyd still have a problem and call it invasion day.
Why would they call it that if it wasn't on Invasion Day?

Couldn't agree more. The date is a crock of s**t too. Cook claimed the land and raised the union Jack on Australian soil in August 1770.

I would guess it's because any day that celebrates Australia for what it is now is essentially celebrating the 'invasion'.
Well they landed and invaded on January 26th, so your argument seems to be a bit weak.

Personally, I don’t care what day it is. But do you honestly think there won’t be people who call it Invasion Day if it gets moved?
Wouldn’t do any harm to give it a burl

This a statement from Maria Navratilova on renaming Margaret Court arena due to Courts opinions on same sex etc.

When airports, buildings, streets or stadiums are named after particular people, it is done, or at least should be done, to honour exceptional human beings — our heroes,” Navratilova wrote in a story for TENNIS.com.

“Think Muhammad Ali, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Billie-Jean King, Rod Laver, Rosa Parks. Would it not be appropriate if the Staples Center were renamed as a tribute to Kobe Bryant?

How she couldn't see the hilarious hypocracy of that statement?

This a statement from Maria Navratilova on renaming Margaret Court arena due to Courts opinions on same sex etc.

When airports, buildings, streets or stadiums are named after particular people, it is done, or at least should be done, to honour exceptional human beings — our heroes,” Navratilova wrote in a story for TENNIS.com.

“Think Muhammad Ali, Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther King, Billie-Jean King, Rod Laver, Rosa Parks. Would it not be appropriate if the Staples Center were renamed as a tribute to Kobe Bryant?

How she couldn't see the hilarious hypocracy of that statement?
That chick 100% wanted Kobes Black Mamba

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back