MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was a disgrace. Barely any new information, and the bloke is extremely unwell. Basil was awkward AF. Disgraceful that 7 ran it in my opinion.
Only shining light is apparently they paid him 50k but through his lawyer to be used for rent and other things. He doesn't actually get a cent

I thought it was a disgrace. Barely any new information, and the bloke is extremely unwell. Basil was awkward AF. Disgraceful that 7 ran it in my opinion.

Basil is s**t I agree with that, I think it's good lesson for anyone who thinks ice is just a bit of fun, how quickly your life can spiral out of control, you can lose absolutely everything. It's not just a drug that "junkies" use. Successful people fall foul to it also and it doesnt play favourites.

The bloke obviously did it for a few bucks, to either a) get back on his feet or b) buy more gear.

But I reckon if it saves just a couple of kids from trying any in the future it's worth watching. I sat down and watched it with my boy, and he was asking me heaps of details, try and get it in their mind early about what can happen so they dont feel as inclined to go trying any tomorrow. Always easier and more influential when you can show your kids a face and example of what can happen rather than just words.

Last edited:
Only shining light is apparently they paid him 50k but through his lawyer to be used for rent and other things. He doesn't actually get a cent

Good to hear this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weird how all these dad's go crazy after being banned from seeing their kids. Almost as if the court system fu**s them over
I've only got a limited understanding of the workings of the family court, but to me those arguments are a chicken/egg scenario. Are they angry and violent because they lost their kids, or were they always like that but because it's not behind closed doors of the family home it's more visible?
Anyway, don't mean to start down a rabbit hole but I think it's much more nuanced than 'family courts are rigged and it breaks blokes'

I've only got a limited understanding of the workings of the family court, but to me those arguments are a chicken/egg scenario. Are they angry and violent because they lost their kids, or were they always like that but because it's not behind closed doors of the family home it's more visible?
Anyway, don't mean to start down a rabbit hole but I think it's much more nuanced than 'family courts are rigged and it breaks blokes'
Considering about 88% of custody cases are in favour of the women that's a fair leap to think 88% of men are s**t

Without knowing the intimate details of individual cases it's kind of pointless to make the claim that there are systemic issues. Bit like complaining about a lopsided free-kick ratio without actually watching the game. From what I've heard a lot of Lawyers tend to believe that it's the most depressing section of law to be involved in.

Considering about 88% of custody cases are in favour of the women that's a fair leap to think 88% of men are s**t

Not every couple that have kids end up in a custody battle, so that leaves a massive section of men out of the equation. If that stat is correct, I wonder how many of those cases the man voluntarily relinquished his custodial rights.

But sure, women by and large are expected to be the de facto child-raiser within society which I expect would tilt the scales towards them in that particular scenario. Gender roles are no good.

Not every couple that have kids end up in a custody battle, so that leaves a massive section of men out of the equation. If that stat is correct, I wonder how many of those cases the man voluntarily relinquished his custodial rights.

But sure, women by and large are expected to be the de facto child-raiser within society which I expect would tilt the scales towards them in that particular scenario. Gender roles are no good.
I'm 1 who hasn't gone to court yet cause the bullshit amount of fear the ex has put into me about id lose my daughter for good. The constant 'go on do it ive already seen a lawyer' Then there's the fact of how much itd actually cost to fight to see my own daughter. At this point hitting a big ol tree seems like the best option. my daughter is nothing but happy when she's here. Always thought how can a dad give up on his kids but honestly my daughter just turned 5 and I'm at a breaking point. how much fight is left in me before I call it quits on everything. I dont understand why some people actually want to make life so much harder than it should be for others.

Actually shows how much not being able to do * all and forget all the bullshit in your life for a few hours here or there has affected me and probably many others.

I'm 1 who hasn't gone to court yet cause the bullshit amount of fear the ex has put into me about id lose my daughter for good. The constant 'go on do it ive already seen a lawyer' Then there's the fact of how much itd actually cost to fight to see my own daughter. At this point hitting a big ol tree seems like the best option. my daughter is nothing but happy when she's here. Always thought how can a dad give up on his kids but honestly my daughter just turned 5 and I'm at a breaking point. how much fight is left in me before I call it quits on everything. I dont understand why some people actually want to make life so much harder than it should be for others.

Actually shows how much not being able to do fu** all and forget all the bullshit in your life for a few hours here or there has affected me and probably many others.

I'm really sorry to hear that, sounds like an absolutely ******* shithouse situation. Hope it gets better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back