MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get your head out of the sand mate. Hogan was shelved because he has issues far beyond football.
He does appear to and good luck to him getting it sorted but that doesn’t change the circumstances of the above mentioned trades or forgive Mahoney spewing all over himself at trade time 16 months ago

He does appear to and good luck to him getting it sorted but that doesn’t change the circumstances of the above mentioned trades or forgive Mahoney spewing all over himself at trade time 16 months ago

We should have done what Essendon did with Daniher, because that's working out so well for them.

Hogan's mental health issues along with only the two clubs we could trade him to in WA meant we were always up against it... Marns did pretty well to get what he did.

Im confident May will turn it around this year. Too good a player not to. From all reports has had a good preseason and dropped some kegs.

We need him to play up to expectations, backline is a massive concern if he doesn't.

It's almost got to Paul Prymke legend/myth status the way you keep carrying on about it. 😜
It's not bloody hard to predict most CHF could play CHB. It's a much easier position to play as it's easier to kill the ball than to win it and kick goals. Case in point, Darcy Moore and Hogan was a much better CHF.

I have no inside knowledge but that looks like it's got a fair bit of mustard on it.

Having said that, Beames is never too far away from the headlines. He was in a car accident overnight. Hope he's ok and it was just a minor lapse in concentration or something.

I have no inside knowledge but that looks like it's got a fair bit of mustard on it.

Having said that, Beames is never too far away from the headlines. He was in a car accident overnight. Hope he's ok and it was just a minor lapse in concentration or something.
Source is pretty good - we shall see I spose

That's the biggest load of crap I ever read. Firstly that's basically the same rumour that was written about Bennell in WA with bikies and all.
2nd of all Collingwood train right in the CBD in Melbourne. You're telling me no journalist noticed a couple of bikies standing around all day at Collingwood training waiting for Beams? Why would Collingwood protect him if he's stealing from them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the biggest load of crap I ever read. Firstly that's basically the same rumour that was written about Bennell in WA with bikies and all.
2nd of all Collingwood train right in the CBD in Melbourne. You're telling me no journalist noticed a couple of bikies standing around all day at Collingwood training waiting for Beams? Why would Collingwood protect him if he's stealing from them?
Would bikies hanging around at Collingwood training be that unusual? They would certainly fit a certain stereotype ...

Would bikies hanging around at Collingwood training be that unusual? They would certainly fit a certain stereotype ...
Ha when I was typing that I was gonna write 'wouldnt they notice big tatted up blokes' then changed it to bikies.

Doubt Beams has been yoinking players bank cards but I reckon the gambling thing is 100% true. There was a bunch of photos of him since he came back to vic with the higher ups at various betting companies at functions.

Doubt Beams has been yoinking players bank cards but I reckon the gambling thing is 100% true. There was a bunch of photos of him since he came back to vic with the higher ups at various betting companies at functions.
one he was sitting and drinking with on the night of the Collingwood b&f that he skipped just before he moved to Brisbane

These blokes don't hang out with anyone that they are not making $$$'s off

Last edited:
this looks spot on

Edmund and Mic Warner running with the story that Collingwood and Beams are parting ties, just working out a settlement

Yeah so would they settle with him if he was stealing from them?
Honestly think they would hush up the stealing if it was occurring. But like you, I don’t think the nicking teammates credit cards bit is real.

And of course they have to settle with him regardless if they are attempting to terminate his 3 year contract

Honestly think they would hush up the stealing if it was occurring. But like you, I don’t think the nicking teammates credit cards bit is real.

And of course they have to settle with him regardless if they are attempting to terminate his 3 year contract
Assuming they wouldn't have to settle if he's been committing crimes though cause surely that breaches contract.
Also a quick Bigfooty search shows that people were spreading the bikies rumour about Beams already months ago. Just rehashing the same old rumour.

Assuming they wouldn't have to settle if he's been committing crimes though cause surely that breaches contract.
Also a quick Bigfooty search shows that people were spreading the bikies rumour about Beams already months ago. Just rehashing the same old rumour.
Random crimes don‘t necessarily breach a contract (if whatever the conduct was isn’t covered by the contract) though I expect stealing from colleagues would most likely be misconduct under most afl player contracts. Also breach of contract doesn’t always mean that one party can terminate, you can claim damages for some breaches, and terminate on the basis of others. But I still think that most clubs and Collingwood in particular would pay out to avoid this type of scandal. So would the AFL for that matter.

I don’t actually believe some aspects of the story though.

Random crimes don‘t necessarily breach a contract (if whatever the conduct was isn’t covered by the contract) though I expect stealing from colleagues would most likely be misconduct under most afl player contracts. Also breach of contract doesn’t always mean that one party can terminate, you can claim damages for some breaches, and terminate on the basis of others. But I still think that most clubs and Collingwood in particular would pay out to avoid this type of scandal. So would the AFL for that matter.

I don’t actually believe some aspects of the story though.
I had a look around on Bigfooty and the rumours of bikies at training have been around for like a year so people are just perpetuating old rumours.

I had a look around on Bigfooty and the rumours of bikies at training have been around for like a year so people are just perpetuating old rumours.
yeah that sounds dubious. I was more thinking of the one about Dayne nicking teammates credit cards. It’s another chestnut that gets an airing every time a player has gambling issues

maybe the rumors have been true all along......

the steal cc's doesn't seem right though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back