MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right, i have sat by with the benefit of the doubt for every mental health recovery plan that clubs have put in front of the public. Some obviously legit, some a bit jack the lad, but mental health issues arent limited to those withnclean noses.

But this Hogan one is a pure crock. There are no doubt issues he's gotta address, but lets not pretend that the party boy stuff wasnt the catalyst. Freo would have let him play mentally unwell if he wasnt stacking cars half cut.

My patience is running thin with the dismissive nature of clubs to player welfare.

...and the only people attached to Australia Day on the 26th are the white people who hate blacks anyway.
Are you saying the only people who will bitch about it getting changed? Cause if so * them who cares about those campaigners

Feel for Hoges here, poor bastard has had a shocking run in his personal life and has been battling injuries/form for a while now, hope he can find peace

Here's a non-political option

Best way to get this across the anti-change the date crowd would be to have Australia Day one year then change the date in the same year so you get another day off that year.

Either way I must admit while I'm all for changing the date (January 26 has no special meaning to me and Australia day is just a day off afaic). I do find it stupid that this is the only aboriginal issue that gets any regular media attention. Not the poverty gap, or land rights, or the neglected dysfunctional communities, or mental health but the date of a public holiday.

I really love Hoges.

I love his sulking, I love his strutting.

I hope he gets better and can run around clunking marks again - except against us at the G where Stevie May keeps him quiet
Me too. He was frustrating to watch but I could never turn on him.
Hope he can get back to full physical and mental fitness soon as he is great to watch at top form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big if true.
It's coming from Hagdorn, so a fair amount of salt is required, but some of what he's saying probably adds up.

A world where we win a premiership featuring Harley Bennell and Jesse Hogan after he returns from Freo and gets his life back on track is a world I think we'd all love to be a part of.

Agreed. Aus day hasn't been around very long, I'm certainly not wedded to the date. Couldn't care less what day it falls on.

How good are all the rednecks that have been spruiking cultural burning practices and saying that indigenous knowledge and culture should be respected, but are vehemently against changing the date and Aboriginals should just get over it. They're typically national party voters (or members).

I don't care what day if falls on but I also don't understand why we have to change it, it doesn't fall on the date Cook originally landed here nor the first fleet. IF anything at all.

But if we have to change the date to make people happy then do it, even if it makes zero sense, but let's face it, there will be something else to complain about

It's coming from Hagdorn, so a fair amount of salt is required, but some of what he's saying probably adds up.

A world where we win a premiership featuring Harley Bennell and Jesse Hogan after he returns from Freo and gets his life back on track is a world I think we'd all love to be a part of.
It would actually be incredible if he came back after recognising he pulled the wrong rein.

It would actually be incredible if he came back after recognising he pulled the wrong rein.
Why would we want him back? If he can't get his sh#t together at home, then he'll be worse over here. Plus his injury looks like it could be much worse than anticipated. Clearly has a lot of issues which explains why we were happy to dish him off. Probably a year off is what he really needs.

Imagine using anxiety as an excuse when you love the drugs and booze * me reckon most people get anxiety after a bender. Itd be ramped up even more having to worry about drug tests and actually needing to hide it. ******* hate how they spin s**t so nobody brings up the real issues for fear of backlash in this offended ******* society we live in.

Why would we want him back? If he can't get his sh#t together at home, then he'll be worse over here. Plus his injury looks like it could be much worse than anticipated. Clearly has a lot of issues which explains why we were happy to dish him off. Probably a year off is what he really needs.
Reckon if the rumours are true and he gets cut then he'll be available for peanuts. Reckon you'd take Hogan as a 150k a year forward.

tends to be a trend that when WA boys with checkered histories return home they go off the boil.

getting out of Perth is/was probably the best thing for him

tends to be a trend that when WA boys with checkered histories return home they go off the boil.

getting out of Perth is/was probably the best thing for him
Cause theres * all else to do in perth besides getting *eyed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back