Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Bikies around someone who goes to a gym and gets tattoos * me going out on a limb

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
A mate of mine is a bookie who is owed five figures from Beams... I daresay there's a shitload of other bookies who bled him dry too.

Re: The bikies, that's been everywhere- newspapers, radio, etc... seems a touch far-fetched but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
A mate of mine is a bookie who is owed five figures from Beams... I daresay there's a shitload of other bookies who bled him dry too.

Re: The bikies, that's been everywhere- newspapers, radio, etc... seems a touch far-fetched but it wouldn't surprise me if it's true.

Is this one of your scandals and rumors board posts or a legit post?

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
00Stinger I now know what it's like to watch the best team in the world simultaneously be the luckiest team in the world as well. This Liverpool team would still be the best even without luck but my god everything's running in your direction. Even to the point where now your only potential title challengers for a few years might be torn apart.

00Stinger I now know what it's like to watch the best team in the world simultaneously be the luckiest team in the world as well. This Liverpool team would still be the best even without luck but my god everything's running in your direction. Even to the point where now your only potential title challengers for a few years might be torn apart.
They just have an insane winning mentality atm. For a while I kept on expecting it to fall apart but that is not a chance now.
Its the defence. When you dont conceed any goals (i think its 1 in 11 matches now) you are always a chance to win even when you are being outplayed.
If Man City fall apart (which is now likely) I cant see any team getting close to Liverpool in the next 12-24 months.
Klopp is a ******* genius. Except for VVD & Alisson they havent paid ridiculous money for anyone. But his most impressive trait is his man management skills. Its rare a team doesnt have bit players/bench players complaining about the lack of playing time!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Don’t like Liverpool at all but they deserve some luck. Should have won one under Benitez and then the Gerrard slip cost another.
the slip v Chelsea has some back story to it

Mourinho was going to field an under strengthed team in that match as Chelsea had a 3 day break before the champions league semi final. But apparently Rodgers said something in a press conference that pissed Jose off. So in typical Jose fashion he decided to field a full strength team and do everything tactically in his power to stop Liverpool getting the 3 points (parking the bus).

His celebration after the match was of a guy who had won something more than a dead rubber for Chelsea anyway

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
the slip v Chelsea has some back story to it

Mourinho was going to field an under strengthed team in that match as Chelsea had a 3 day break before the champions league semi final. But apparently Rodgers said something in a press conference that pissed Jose off. So in typical Jose fashion he decided to field a full strength team and do everything tactically in his power to stop Liverpool getting the 3 points (parking the bus).

His celebration after the match was of a guy who had won something more than a dead rubber for Chelsea anyway

I love Mourinho, glad he’s back in the EPL.

The one under Benitez in 08/09 was worse. Played an awful Middlesborough side away and lost 0-2 when a win would have seen them go top very late in the season.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
Is this one of your scandals and rumors board posts or a legit post?
100% legit. My mate said he knows a few other bookies who have written off debts from Beams. No idea how much money my mate made from Beams in total, but he's driving a better car than Dayne is...

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
They just have an insane winning mentality atm. For a while I kept on expecting it to fall apart but that is not a chance now.
Its the defence. When you dont conceed any goals (i think its 1 in 11 matches now) you are always a chance to win even when you are being outplayed.
If Man City fall apart (which is now likely) I cant see any team getting close to Liverpool in the next 12-24 months.
Klopp is a ******* genius. Except for VVD & Alisson they havent paid ridiculous money for anyone. But his most impressive trait is his man management skills. Its rare a team doesnt have bit players/bench players complaining about the lack of playing time!

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
No one's getting near Liverpool for atleast 2 years. Chelsea the only one who I could see because they have some good youth around so if they buy smart like Liverpool then I could see them rising again.

Can't see Tottenham getting a good enough squad to win the league. Too many players to replace

Yeah Klopps unreal, seems like he could take any team in the championship and get them to play for him to promotion. He's developed the perfect system

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Riewoldt waffling on about how he will be a big loss for us please nick he lead the reverse Coleman last year.
It's pretty amusing that Riewoldt labelling him our best defender last year mostly because he was the only one not injured or getting dropped to the reserves, and the rest of the media took that as far more of an endorsement than it was actually intended, clearly to the point where Riewoldt himself is now believing it, which I suppose isn't that much of a surprise given the general footy media hive mind that goes on.

While I love Frosty, and will miss him, it's not for his one on one defending, which generally sits somewhere between goodish to laughable.

According to club websites we are 8k members behind St Kilda and the lowest of all Victorian teams.

All the good vibes of 2018 well and truly swept away. Going to need to win back the supporters trust.

Jamurp

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
According to club websites we are 8k members behind St Kilda and the lowest of all Victorian teams.
Honestly last season knocked the wind out of my sails a little, after years of being horrible, 2018 felt like a corner turned, and then to have the season we had last year, bloody disappointing. We deserve the low membership count really, we were just a bad product last year, even in the games we won.

I’ll see how we look rounds 1 and 2, but if the same problems are there then I’ll look to something else over the footy season.

Crusty Demon

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Brighton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Is anyone honestly surprised? Last year was a disaster. Another year like that and we might fall off a cliff. I know several mates who are Dees supporters who have lost interest in going and taking their kids etc. They will follow the team, but last year broke a lot of supporters I reckon after momentum was building for a few years. So many fans who are just resigned to perpetually being letdown by this club. Hard to argue. And although Langdon and Tomlinson are handy, they are hardly going to bring in a ton of people wanting to buy memberships. And Luke Jackson is potentially years away from being any good. Kozzy is the one who could bring a few in but the last 12 months have been pretty bleak. Not surprised to see a strong squad for Saturday's game as we definitely have to have a very good month leading to Round 1 to ignite some passion back into the fanbase. It's pretty flat all round tbh...

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Is anyone honestly surprised? Last year was a disaster. Another year like that and we might fall off a cliff. I know several mates who are Dees supporters who have lost interest in going and taking their kids etc. They will follow the team, but last year broke a lot of supporters I reckon after momentum was building for a few years. So many fans who are just resigned to perpetually being letdown by this club. Hard to argue. And although Langdon and Tomlinson are handy, they are hardly going to bring in a ton of people wanting to buy memberships. And Luke Jackson is potentially years away from being any good. Kozzy is the one who could bring a few in but the last 12 months have been pretty bleak. Not surprised to see a strong squad for Saturday's game as we definitely have to have a very good month leading to Round 1 to ignite some passion back into the fanbase. It's pretty flat all round tbh...

I'm not surprised we're doing poorly, but I'm surprised we are much lower than some other clubs.

First month is extraordinarily important for our bottom line. If we can beat the Eagles I reckon we can go 4-0 and really build some momentum, but we haven't started a season 3-1 or better since 2005.

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
I’m not sure about any other clubs, and I don’t know if we’ve had ours yet ... but StKilda has their membership day on SEN last week, and they were selling 2 for 1 memberships. Obviously the number is more important than the income a lot of the time.

Not the least bit surprising that our supporters are pretty gun shy to fork out the coin at this stage tho, big first month for sure.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Honestly last season knocked the wind out of my sails a little, after years of being horrible, 2018 felt like a corner turned, and then to have the season we had last year, bloody disappointing. We deserve the low membership count really, we were just a bad product last year, even in the games we won.

I’ll see how we look rounds 1 and 2, but if the same problems are there then I’ll look to something else over the footy season.
Yep last year was a different feeling, after all the years of being s**t it finally seemed like we had a group that was looking ok and then we almost took the spoon. Like ya said even the wins were just terrible footy. The Geelong losses of 18 were better than any of the wins in 19.

It'll only take a couple weeks to turn it around but mate if we start poorly again I can see alot of people giving it away for the year.

It's actually pretty ****ed to think that after years of rebuilding that 0-4 start would see us in complete crisis again.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep last year was a different feeling, after all the years of being s**t it finally seemed like we had a group that was looking ok and then we almost took the spoon. Like ya said even the wins were just terrible footy. The Geelong losses of 18 were better than any of the wins in 19.

It'll only take a couple weeks to turn it around but mate if we start poorly again I can see alot of people giving it away for the year.

It's actually pretty f’ed to think that after years of rebuilding that 0-4 start would see us in complete crisis again.

First 4 games:
Eagles A
Giants H
Freo H
Saints A

Could absolutely start 0-4, but also if we can pull an upset round 1 could see us get a lot of early season momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back