MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat- Lets try again Shall we(2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Dory_77

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Would have been better to sign Omac

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Eh, after our Mitch Brown experience I reckon he could be handy for them in an emergency. If Carlisle is out their backline is very thin, Frawley would be a better stopper than OMac. They have other blokes who can rebound and intercept for them.

Dory_77

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Even if he did play on in 2022 they could rookie him or sort out some cheap means of keeping him around. It's not going to ruin their list keeping a spare FB on minimal coin around in case of emergency.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
More I think about it more I think Dusty has gone past Hird/Buckley/Voss clearly now. He doesn't have the greatness over 10 years of some but he's list 5 years are probably as good as there's even been in context.

Tigs always get sh*t for the Tambling over Buddy but Scully and Trengove over Martin is one of the all time fu** ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
More I think about it more I think Dusty has gone past Hird/Buckley/Voss clearly now. He doesn't have the greatness over 10 years of some but he's list 5 years are probably as good as there's even been in context.

Tigs always get sh*t for the Tambling over Buddy but Scully and Trengove over Martin is one of the all time fu** ups.
Thats hard to argue TK, we could of drafted Dusty 1, Nat Fyfe 2, you at 11 and me at 18 and it would of been a better draft than the one we had, drafts like 2009 are the reason I sometimes cry at night

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers

Nope

His big games are better than those above but he doesn't do it every week like the above did

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Nope

His big games are better than those above but he doesn't do it every week like the above did

Who really gives a stuff about being decent in the regular season though, when there's an important game he single handedly wins it. He's a mid, but he's also the most dominant forward in recent finals he's a freak.

Sir Hugh Percy

BigFooty Aristocrat
Jun 7, 2012
Earlthwaite Manor
AFL Club
Melbourne

Dusty Martin would have flamed out at Melbourne. Moloney and Sylvia would have taken him under their wing and he would have never recovered. We were also unlucky with Trengove's foot.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Dusty Martin would have flamed out at Melbourne. Moloney and Sylvia would have taken him under their wing and he would have never recovered. We were also unlucky with Trengove's foot.
Yeah nah that's a copout.
Richmond had Jake King, Tuck, Cousins, Connors etc.
That's just a defence mechanism to shelter yourself from the pain.

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think you're also ignoring the fact we couldn't develop a headache during a hangover in that period. The Team of the Century would have been also rans with that coaching team

Demon bhoy

Club Legend
Oct 7, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think you're also ignoring the fact we couldn't develop a headache during a hangover in that period. The Team of the Century would have been also rans with that coaching team
Our biggest problem was drafting, between 2006 and 2011 it was diabolical at best, our coaching was and is deplorable but nobody was developing the players we had into good AFL footballers in that time period.

Topkent

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah I look at someone like Scully and I think he became exactly the player I thought he would after watching him early.

He was never a good kick, he was tiny and his handballing lacked creativity. He was just a running machine. Scully was basically Langdon. Horrible first pick.

schmuttt

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
West Ham United
Mate we've drafted horribly but I have no faith that the MFC could have nurtured Dusty into the player he is today. Agree Scully was a very poor pick, Trenners was very stiff with the foot. Dusty is in the GOAT argument but I genuinely believe we wouldn't have made him the player he is.

Sonny Bonds

All Australian
Suspended
Jul 21, 2019
Lytton
AFL Club
Melbourne
Mate we've drafted horribly but I have no faith that the MFC could have nurtured Dusty into the player he is today. Agree Scully was a very poor pick, Trenners was very stiff with the foot. Dusty is in the GOAT argument but I genuinely believe we wouldn't have made him the player he is.
Hindsight strong in this post.

Both were top 5 in the draft from any club.

Remove this Banner Ad