MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading an article titled 'betts stunning sacrifice'
Was about him moving to the rookie list. Not only does he get paid the same amount of money but $80k doesn't even count to the cap because it's a rookie deal. So actually its just a loophole to cheat the system, not noble in the slightest.

Oh, that Carlton!

Promising..... Yes I'm sure saints supporters are devastated they can't get a kid with pick 116

Their 3rd pick is 74.
Would have been better to sign Omac

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Would have been better to sign Omac

Eh, after our Mitch Brown experience I reckon he could be handy for them in an emergency. If Carlisle is out their backline is very thin, Frawley would be a better stopper than OMac. They have other blokes who can rebound and intercept for them.

Promising..... Yes I'm sure saints supporters are devastated they can't get a kid with pick 116

Their 3rd pick is 74.
I wasn't talking about the current draft

Even if he did play on in 2022 they could rookie him or sort out some cheap means of keeping him around. It's not going to ruin their list keeping a spare FB on minimal coin around in case of emergency.
* me they kept Brown on the list for how long? I'm sure Frawley for a year or 2 won't matter a *🤣

More I think about it more I think Dusty has gone past Hird/Buckley/Voss clearly now. He doesn't have the greatness over 10 years of some but he's list 5 years are probably as good as there's even been in context.

Tigs always get s**t for the Tambling over Buddy but Scully and Trengove over Martin is one of the all time * ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

More I think about it more I think Dusty has gone past Hird/Buckley/Voss clearly now. He doesn't have the greatness over 10 years of some but he's list 5 years are probably as good as there's even been in context.

Tigs always get sh*t for the Tambling over Buddy but Scully and Trengove over Martin is one of the all time fu** ups.
Thats hard to argue TK, we could of drafted Dusty 1, Nat Fyfe 2, you at 11 and me at 18 and it would of been a better draft than the one we had, drafts like 2009 are the reason I sometimes cry at night

Tigs always get sh*t for the Tambling over Buddy but Scully and Trengove over Martin is one of the all time fu** ups.
Nope

His big games are better than those above but he doesn't do it every week like the above did

Nope

His big games are better than those above but he doesn't do it every week like the above did

Who really gives a stuff about being decent in the regular season though, when there's an important game he single handedly wins it. He's a mid, but he's also the most dominant forward in recent finals he's a freak.

Dusty Martin would have flamed out at Melbourne. Moloney and Sylvia would have taken him under their wing and he would have never recovered. We were also unlucky with Trengove's foot.

Dusty Martin would have flamed out at Melbourne. Moloney and Sylvia would have taken him under their wing and he would have never recovered. We were also unlucky with Trengove's foot.
Yeah nah that's a copout.
Richmond had Jake King, Tuck, Cousins, Connors etc.
That's just a defence mechanism to shelter yourself from the pain.

I think you're also ignoring the fact we couldn't develop a headache during a hangover in that period. The Team of the Century would have been also rans with that coaching team

I think you're also ignoring the fact we couldn't develop a headache during a hangover in that period. The Team of the Century would have been also rans with that coaching team
Our biggest problem was drafting, between 2006 and 2011 it was diabolical at best, our coaching was and is deplorable but nobody was developing the players we had into good AFL footballers in that time period.

Yeah I look at someone like Scully and I think he became exactly the player I thought he would after watching him early.

He was never a good kick, he was tiny and his handballing lacked creativity. He was just a running machine. Scully was basically Langdon. Horrible first pick.

Mate we've drafted horribly but I have no faith that the MFC could have nurtured Dusty into the player he is today. Agree Scully was a very poor pick, Trenners was very stiff with the foot. Dusty is in the GOAT argument but I genuinely believe we wouldn't have made him the player he is.

Mate we've drafted horribly but I have no faith that the MFC could have nurtured Dusty into the player he is today. Agree Scully was a very poor pick, Trenners was very stiff with the foot. Dusty is in the GOAT argument but I genuinely believe we wouldn't have made him the player he is.
Hindsight strong in this post.

Both were top 5 in the draft from any club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back