MFC Fans Only Non-MFC related footy chat 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frost already cost them the game vs Geelong 😂 can’t bag the bloke for effort but his mistakes are so costly
He broke the game open for us late last week, a number of linebreaking bullets which bisected Hawthorn jumpers to hit our players on the lead.

Natanui is the most overrated player of all time

His disgusting one way running you're talking about on the weekend? Showing no respect to his opponent forward of centre?

NicNat has always been like this. He’s an exceptional tap ruck who is also excellent with his second and third efforts. Doesn’t offer much after that.
which would be ok if he could play more than 60% of the game time

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Symptomatic of the modern eagles in a lot of ways.

Looks fantastic at home, when they're comfortable and everything is working, but falls apart pretty quickly.

He's undeniably the best tap ruckman, but 60% game time trotting around the centre square and not offering a marking target isn't very sustainable from a team perspective.

I like the saints, feel bad for them. Their list is pretty f’ed.
I also have a soft spot for them. My Mrs goes for them (half-heartedly).
They put a looot of eggs in the trade-ins basket, which kinda worked last year but is unraveling pretty quickly now. They seem cooked mentally I think, gonna be hard to get back that confidence they had last year. Dropping their heads real quickly once things go a bit bad.

They just really got under my skin this past week, so I’d love the chance to stick it to them. Very full of themselves.

Absolutely, I mean I cant stand Essendon or Adelaide supporters, but they are nothing compared to Eagles supporters who's arrogance knows no bounds.

Playing them in an empty stadium right now without their feral supporters to sway he umps would be pretty sweet.

stEdy

Premiership Player
Nov 2, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Problem with the Saints is they got the bounce in form that traded in players seem to regularly show trying to make a good impression at the new club: Ryder, Jones, Howard, Butler all played well above themselves. Hill gave them something on the wing despite his price tag. Steele emerged as the gun mid they needed and their young guns all took a step forward: Clark, Coffield, Paton, Marshall, King.

These trade in players have either been injured or reverted back to their previous form lines. They were incredibly reliant on Ryder and Marshall clunking grabs down the line for them last year and both have been injured/missing.

Confidence is completely shot and the role players have dropped off. A lot of injuries, too.

They'll turn it around at some point but they're looking abysmal so far. Lack of on field leadership a problem, too.

Problem with the Saints is they got the bounce in form that traded in players seem to regularly show trying to make a good impression at the new club: Ryder, Jones, Howard, Butler all played well above themselves. Hill gave them something on the wing despite his price tag. Steele emerged as the gun mid they needed and their young guns all took a step forward: Clark, Coffield, Paton, Marshall, King.

These trade in players have either been injured or reverted back to their previous form lines. They were incredibly reliant on Ryder and Marshall clunking grabs down the line for them last year and both have been injured/missing.

Confidence is completely shot and the role players have dropped off. A lot of injuries, too.

They'll turn it around at some point but they're looking abysmal so far. Lack of on field leadership a problem, too.

Yea that was Montagna's theory last night too. Makes sense. Too many discards playing for themselves. Haven't grown with each other. When the s**t hits the fan they aren't as tight as other clubs who have built through the draft heavily.

There was a moment last week where Shai Bolton took a mark back with the flight which would have been courageous except about 5 Saints players just stood there and watched him take it.

That moment showed me just how far away they are. When the connection between the players is so bad that no one knows when it's their turn to go you're stuffed.

There was a moment last week where Shai Bolton took a mark back with the flight which would have been courageous except about 5 Saints players just stood there and watched him take it.

That moment showed me just how far away they are. When the connection between the players is so bad that no one knows when it's their turn to go you're stuffed.
It was similar in the Essendon game where they were flogged. Blokes just gave up and no one seemed to be in sync. Some junktime goals kept that below 100 but they looked like us under Neeld at times with how the Bombers could walk it end to end.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I actually think one area the game needs to improve is full time goal kicking coaches. When you get an 18 year old key forward he should be working with a goal kick coach for 5 years.

It's crazy that someone like Matthew Lloyd doesn't get phone calls from clubs to be working full time. Probably the best kick of a footy at goal since Lockett

I actually think one area the game needs to improve is full time goal kicking coaches. When you get an 18 year old key forward he should be working with a goal kick coach for 5 years.

It's crazy that someone like Matthew Lloyd doesn't get phone calls from clubs to be working full time. Probably the best kick of a footy at goal since Lockett
Think soft cap and cuts have hurt that immensely. I know Sav was doing it for a while at Carlton.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne

:100:
People get annoyed when Lever/May spoil each other but I'd take that every day of the week over neither of them going and the oppo getting easy uncontested marks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back