Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
According to on the couch Richmond play system based footy and will never drop off. Man why didn't the Hawks think of that instead of just having 22 players independently playing the game
Yeah I heard that and rolled eyes also.

Media s**t. Those guys aren’t stupid but they say this kind of stupid s**t every week for reasons I can’t quite fathom, but I assume it has to do with the agenda of keeping the most people invested week by week hence paying through actual club support, betting investment or clicks on media?

Annoyingly, after that dud analysis the show improved a bit - Riewoldt talking about his St Kilda experience when they went through club list cuts and other stuff that I though was kind of interesting

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Yeah I heard that and rolled eyes also.

Media sh*t. Those guys aren’t stupid but they say this kind of stupid sh*t every week for reasons I can’t quite fathom, but I assume it has to do with the agenda of keeping the most people invested week by week hence paying through actual club support, betting investment or clicks on media?

Annoyingly, after that dud analysis the show improved a bit - Riewoldt talking about his St Kilda experience when they went through club list cuts and other stuff that I though was kind of interesting
I heard Ross Lyon talk about that drop off aswell. Pretty fascinating stuff.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
I heard Ross Lyon talk about that drop off aswell. Pretty fascinating stuff.
i think I heard Ross Lyons take, and Nick Riewoldt tonight on his perspective as a key player in the middle of that s**t was kind of amazing. Epic levels of mistakes and horrible communication all round. It happened and I’m not knocking Saints because anything anyone can * up, we can and have done it better. But if club administrators aren’t looking for these examples to avoid falling into massive traps then they are idiots

i think I heard Ross Lyons take, and Nick Riewoldt tonight on his perspective as a key player in the middle of that sh*t was kind of amazing. Epic levels of mistakes and horrible communication all round. It happened and I’m not knocking Saints because anything anyone can fu** up, we can and have done it better. But if club administrators aren’t looking for these examples to avoid falling into massive traps then they are idiots

The other one that’s interesting is the bulk of firsts the Pies have traded out. Something like 5 in 5 years. While they are getting Daicos in, that’s a huge amount of draft capital to give up.

I know things can turn quickly in footy but gee, the lack of resources and blown picks at the Pies is going to sting now.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
The other one that’s interesting is the bulk of firsts the Pies have traded out. Something like 5 in 5 years. While they are getting Daicos in, that’s a huge amount of draft capital to give up.

I know things can turn quickly in footy but gee, the lack of resources and blown picks at the Pies is going to sting now.
Yeah that was an interesting take also. and from my POV further supports my view that they won’t come after Weid with their future draft capital (only trade capital they have). They can’t top up with a traded player to be contenders and really do need to think in terms of filling talent across their list from the draft. This method puts them years away from contention, but I reckon it’s their best option

Yeah that was an interesting take also. and from my POV further supports my view that they won’t come after Weid with their future draft capital (only trade capital they have). They can’t top up with a traded player to be contenders and really do need to think in terms of filling talent across their list from the draft. This method puts them years away from contention, but I reckon it’s their best option
Agreed. But funnily enough it’s one of the big ‘well run’ clubs that are finally executing the fear scenario of future firsts and deficit picking. While Daicos helps in terms of an absolute top end talent, he’s one player, and they need so much more than just him.

Funnily enough if they want to rip it all down I really think they look at trading Moore for a future first plus later picks this year. Doesn’t help them with immediate talent per se but the Daicos situation messes them up there anyway. Use him to fix your points deficit issue in 2021 and bring in a quality player in 2022 with the future first. You’d think Geelong, Adelaide or even Sydney or GC would be all over that.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Agreed. But funnily enough it’s one of the big ‘well run’ clubs that are finally executing the fear scenario of future firsts and deficit picking. While Daicos helps in terms of an absolute top end talent, he’s one player, and they need so much more than just him.

Funnily enough if they want to rip it all down I really think they look at trading Moore for a future first plus later picks this year. Doesn’t help them with immediate talent per se but the Daicos situation messes them up there anyway. Use him to fix your points deficit issue in 2021 and bring in a quality player in 2022 with the future first. You’d think Geelong, Adelaide or even Sydney or GC would be all over that.
You'd ship DeGoey before Moore.

You'd ship DeGoey before Moore.
The rape charge and the lack of ticker makes it hard for me to justify more than a packet of chips for De Goey. I don’t think a lot of sides will touch him.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
The rape charge and the lack of ticker makes it hard for me to justify more than a packet of chips for De Goey. I don’t think a lot of sides will touch him.
Rape charge would void you contract so doesn't matter for money. They need his contract off the books more than the draft pick.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Also the pies don't have to take Daicos lol. If they don't wanna go into a deficit then don't take him

GatesOfHell

Club Legend
Oct 19, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne

Didn’t they chuck two firsts down the drain for a 30yo mentally shot Dayne Beams? You’d sack your list manager on that decision alone.

i think I heard Ross Lyons take, and Nick Riewoldt tonight on his perspective as a key player in the middle of that sh*t was kind of amazing. Epic levels of mistakes and horrible communication all round. It happened and I’m not knocking Saints because anything anyone can fu** up, we can and have done it better. But if club administrators aren’t looking for these examples to avoid falling into massive traps then they are idiots

"Youth policy" got popularised in the late 00's after Hawthorn and Collingwood had some success and clubs like Us and St.Kilda got completely sucked in with no real understanding of what was actually done at either of those clubs.. No one goes down that path any more. Rips the heart out of the club.

Also the pies don't have to take Daicos lol. If they don't wanna go into a deficit then don't take him
Collingwood fans would burn the Holden centre to the ground. Imagine passing up a Daicos who is the best player in the country. Oh and did I mention he's a Daicos?

Down the throat

Senior List
May 1, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Didn’t they chuck two firsts down the drain for a 30yo mentally shot Dayne Beams? You’d sack your list manager on that decision alone.

The insinuation is that the ex-Pres overrode the list manager (and the rest of the Football Department) for this one... would be hard on the LM to gey hung out for that (not to say that scapegoats arent made for things like this).

Ngl watching Collingwood implode on and off the field has been seriously good viewing this year.
If they lose to north I will be the happiest dude in the world. Us 1st and them in chaos is so good.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Collingwood fans would burn the Holden centre to the ground. Imagine passing up a Daicos who is the best player in the country. Oh and did I mention he's a Daicos?
Is he so good that he's worth burning 2 years worth of draft picks?
Their haven't been many players in history worth that

Is he so good that he's worth burning 2 years worth of draft picks?
Their haven't been many players in history worth that
He's doing Matt Rowell level things in the NAB league. He's pretty damn good. No chance collingwood pass him up. They'll find a way to get him, even if they have to ship off a few players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back