Opinion Non-Tasmanian discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice way to begin lol. Surely the end of Simpson come next week.

It's a very divisive subject on the weegles board surprisingly, not so much he and Nisbett need to go but there needs to be a complete overhaul of the club's administration. I think it's way past the point of topping up, but many grass root supporters seem to believe the incumbents have so much control they can't be dislodged. It's starting to sound like Carlton over there. ;)

The Pies/Crows game was just insane, I thought the Crows were going to steal that game.

Their 2.5 in that last quarter opposed to Collingwood kicking 5.2 was quite a difference there.

Yeah it was truly finals football, the top two are clearly above the rest atm. A few Adelaide players tried to finesse things, taking possession when they should have tapped on or going for a chest mark that was spoiled when arms out would have protected the drop. But they were by no means disgraced by their efforts. Game of the round.

Was chatting to my local footy guru (the bloke at the bottle shop) about Hawthorn's rebuild and we got on to talking about how others may have missed the boat. Mitchell knew from the outset Clarkson had waited too long to make the call on a proper rebuild and just messed about at the edges, leaving a list that had to get younger fast. But at least theirs is underway and showing promise.

The same can be said for West Coast (perhaps an even worse example) and we surmised Hardwick pulled the plug at Richmond after realizing the Taranto and Hopper top up wasn't going to cut it for another tilt. The last one who bites the bullet will run smack into the Devil's concessions and will be very motivated to trade for any pick we receive but have to on trade. Rebuilding during concessions is a hard ask, look at what happened to those teams at the bottom when GWS and the Suns got all that lolly. Hope our list management team screw them royally!

I like looking at the indicative draft order and wondering where the Tassie players might end up. If Hawks keep pick 3 or 4 I hope they end up with McKercher. He would fit in nicely there I think. I think McKercher is a top 5 pick probably, some clubs rate him second best player in the draft. Sanders could be around Geelong's pick around pick 10. Wherever they go, both of them have to be a priority for us to poach in 2028 :cool:

I like looking at the indicative draft order and wondering where the Tassie players might end up. If Hawks keep pick 3 or 4 I hope they end up with McKercher. He would fit in nicely there I think. I think McKercher is a top 5 pick probably, some clubs rate him second best player in the draft. Sanders could be around Geelong's pick around pick 10. Wherever they go, both of them have to be a priority for us to poach in 2028 :cool:

I don’t want McKercher going to any Victorian team really. Purely so it’s easier to get him home because if he goes to a Vic team he might decide that’s good enough and stay. But I do know him mI’m and dad want him to go to a Victorian team.

McKercher has had a big champs.
Some have him Top 3 now. He's a ripper.

Just a write up on afl website with McKercher and Sanders dominating.

…….

Side note.. We really need a new thread in this Tassie forum just for all Media posts as it helps keep abreast of Tassie related footy news

Just a write up on afl website with McKercher and Sanders dominating.

…….

Side note.. We really need a new thread in this Tassie forum just for all Media posts as it helps keep abreast of Tassie related footy news

Great idea, so start one bro!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t want McKercher going to any Victorian team really. Purely so it’s easier to get him home because if he goes to a Vic team he might decide that’s good enough and stay. But I do know him mI’m and dad want him to go to a Victorian team.
I was wondering.

If the kids drafted in the next 2-3 drafts go to places like Perth/Melbourne would the draw of playing for their home state be enough to bring them back?

I was wondering.

If the kids drafted in the next 2-3 drafts go to places like Perth/Melbourne would the draw of playing for their home state be enough to bring them back?
Any club that takes them basically have 2 years to convince them to stay! And the tas team will be armed with juicy picks to try trade them home.

Any club that takes them basically have 2 years to convince them to stay! And the tas team will be armed with juicy picks to try trade them home.

It's kind of extra insurance for clubs taking Tassie recruits, that if they do want to come home for the beginning of a dynasty then there will be adequate compensation waiting in the wings.

Finals!

Well we didn't make them this year so at least the other teams have a chance.
Particularly looking forward to the St Kilda Vs GWS battle of the defenses.
Could be the AFL's first nil all draw!
;)

I'm sad that the Tassie boys didn't make the talent League GF. I was at the VFL GF and would have loved to see our youngins running around.

Having never been to Tasmania I can't comment on who has more supporters in the state out of West Coast and Adelaide.
However I would be interested to hear from people who live in Tasmania regarding the support for West Coast and Adelaide in the state.

Which club has more supporters in Tasmania?
West Coast or Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back