Universal Love Non Vic-based supporters - Tassie final?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good thing about Tassie too is it’s relatively close. Be great to see a Tassie membership package that could take care of everything for a suitable few games a year - maybe the 1.10pm starts. Flights to Tulla, quick welcome at The Hangar, transfers into the game and back and flight home.

Realise it’s bloody hard for the club to organise and get a decent deal with airlines but with flights that are just over an hour, it’s doable in a reasonable day without being absolutely punishing.

I used to do the day trips regularly(pre kids) when you could get $39 flights, that doesn’t happen anymore sadly and with the fixture only being released in blocks it makes it tricky also.

I mentioned in the Campbell thread, but in the very year we clearly need a second home, with it being smacked right in our faces with the Hawks game, it’s disappointing that the club seemingly hasn’t pushed Tassie as the best option for where we should be over this period.

Based on the Hawks game we could be hosting Sydney and GWS in front of a hostile Essendon crowd of 10-15k. That’s clearly better than anywhere else. We could’ve played North there too as the “away” team. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t know why the club hasn’t pushed this.

I mentioned in the Campbell thread, but in the very year we clearly need a second home, with it being smacked right in our faces with the Hawks game, it’s disappointing that the club seemingly hasn’t pushed Tassie as the best option for where we should be over this period.

Based on the Hawks game we could be hosting Sydney and GWS in front of a hostile Essendon crowd of 10-15k. That’s clearly better than anywhere else. We could’ve played North there too as the “away” team. Maybe I’m missing something, but I don’t know why the club hasn’t pushed this.
Apart from having tassie locked away as a second home atm by both Hawks and norf. I think any allocation of games at this alternate venue would take away from home games at the mcg (considering docklands is the primary ground and there is apparently a very good deal in place). As much as I hostile crowd from interstate would be lovely, practically I don't think taking 3-4 games away from Melbourne would be beneficial. I would like to see essendon play in these secondary cities more often, but I think the afl and clubs like gws and gold coast would rather play essendon at the primary ground as they are more likely to draw a crowd.

Apart from having tassie locked away as a second home atm by both Hawks and norf. I think any allocation of games at this alternate venue would take away from home games at the mcg (considering docklands is the primary ground and there is apparently a very good deal in place). As much as I hostile crowd from interstate would be lovely, practically I don't think taking 3-4 games away from Melbourne would be beneficial. I would like to see essendon play in these secondary cities more often, but I think the afl and clubs like gws and gold coast would rather play essendon at the primary ground as they are more likely to draw a crowd.

Not sure what you mean. I’m only talking about a COVID hub situation like we’re in now in Qld.

Not sure what you mean. I’m only talking about a COVID hub situation like we’re in now in Qld.
I thought you were talking about in general. Yes I agree with your comment, and would love more regional grounds then sticking with empty Melbourne stadiums or semi empty stadiums in Queensland.

Always knew heaps of Bombers supporters in Tassie. My two best mates both are, so I inadvertently end up watching a lot of Dons games. Always felt that the Blues, Bombers and Tigers were overrepresented in the Apple Isle, even for big clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back