Independent Wrestling Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

i like modern njpw, even if some of the tropes annoy me (strike exchanges in every match). ishii, honma and nakamura are amongst my current favourite wrestlers and i would be surprised if the ic title match from wk isnt a low end motyc. but i do find it quite overrated by meltz and his flock, especially all the okada/tanahashi stuff. while i like most of them to one degree or another, i dont consider any of their matches near the greatest ever level. tanahashi's pathetically weak strikes also annoy me in such a setting.

I accidentally spoiled New Beginning in Osaka for myself, but it looks like there are some pretty good matches on there that I'll have to check out after NXT Rival tomorrow night

http://uproxx.com/prowrestling/2015...oo-many-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-stables/

Nonsense! We need MORE TMNT stables!
turtles-dive.gif

just found out the young bucks are taking part in the OCW show that's happening literally over my back fence in a couple of weeks, shattered I'm out of town for the weekend, would have gone otherwise

just found out the young bucks are taking part in the OCW show that's happening literally over my back fence in a couple of weeks, shattered I'm out of town for the weekend, would have gone otherwise

Is this the show on the 20th mate? I would be pretty keen for a Superkick Party.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this the show on the 20th mate? I would be pretty keen for a Superkick Party.

the poster I saw was for the 28th, but I can't find any confirmation online :/

I'll be moving to Melbourne when I find work there - so hopefully soon - and started having a look for info on these shows.

From what I can gather, the Bucks were down on 21 February.

They are having another show on 20 March featuring Alberto El Patron (Del Rio), Ken Anderson, Scotty 2 Hotty (lol) and Ricardo Rodriguez.

Having heard what Del Rio is charging, OCW cannot possibly be making money from these shows.

If it wasn't for the fact that OCW & PCW were on the other side of Melbourne, I'd go to their shows. MCW is about as far as I'll go since they run shows in Essendon & Collingwood.

the poster I saw was for the 28th, but I can't find any confirmation online :/
Cheers. Yeah, I couldn't find anything online about the Bucks coming back to Australia, I do know they were here last year for OCW. Shame, because if the Bucks were coming back, that would have sold me.

2nd season of New Japan Pro Wrestling on AXS announced:

The match listings according to the Observer will be:
  • 5/22 has Kushida vs. Taichi, Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Ricochet and the Kushida vs. Ricochet finals in the Best of the Super Junior tournament from June 8, 2014
  • 5/29 has matches from June 21, 2014 in Osaka, with Alex Shelley & Kushida vs. Young Bucks for the IWGP jr. tag title, Toru Yano & Kazushi Sakuraba vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka and Kota Ibushi vs. Ricochet for the IWGP jr. title. This will be an awesome TV show because the Bucks match and the Ricochet match were incredible.
  • 6/5 has matches from the same Osaka show, with Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima vs. Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr. for the NWA tag title, and Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe for the IWGP tag titles.
  • 6/12 is the third hour from Osaka with Yuji Nagata & Tomoaki Honma vs. Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata and Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Bad Luck Fale for the IC title.
  • There is no new show on 6/19
  • 6/26 airs matches from July 22, 2014, from G-1 with Tanahashi vs. Honma, Okada vs. Styles and Nakamura vs. Shibata.
  • 7/3 airs matches from July 26, 2014, from G-1, with Yuji Nagata vs. Nakamura, Styles vs. Tetsuya Naito, Okada vs. Karl Anderson and Tanahashi vs. Shibata (an awesome match).
  • 7/10 airs matches from July 28, 2014, from G-1, with Tanahashi vs. Fale, Nakamura vs. Honma and Okada vs. Naito.
  • 7/17 airs matches from August 1, 2014 G-1 show at Korakuen Hall, a super card with the 2014 Observer match of the year with Suzuki vs. Styles, Tenzan vs. Goto and the incredible match with Nakamura vs. Tomohiro Ishii.
  • 7/24 airs matches from the August 3, 2014 G-1 show in Osaka, another incredible show with the Honma vs. Shibata match, Okada vs. Yujiro Takahashi and Tanahashi vs. Nakamura.
  • 7/31 airs matches from the August 8, 2014 G-1 show in Yokohama, with Nakamura vs. Fale, Togi Makabe vs. Styles (this was the match where Styles got his neck injury from a German superplex), Tanahashi vs. Smith Jr., and Okada vs Suzuki.
  • 8/7 airs matches from the August 10, 2014 Seibu Dome show with Naito vs. Honma, Ishii vs. Anderson, Goto vs. Shibata and Tanahashi vs. Styles.
  • 8/14 is the final show of the series, airing the Nakamura vs. Okada G-1 Climax final from the Seibu Dome.

Huh. Minoru Suzuki won the NOAH title. Awesome.

The months beyond WrestleKingdom are a little bit of a downtime in New Japan, which has made the NOAH/Suzuki-Gun feud some of the most interesting storyline stuff going on in the world at the moment. It's such a shame there's no real way for us to watch it.

I hope it ends up with Marafuji and TMDK in NJPW semi-regularly, but who knows how it'll turn out? I guess the end goal is to have the NOAH stars overcome Suzuki-Gun and "taking the company back", but given NOAH's reported financial situation you couldn't be sure that it's not a way to introduce a few of the top NOAH guys to New Japan's audience. (And all of a sudden, NJPW need the tag team help! The results of both tag title matches on Sunday boggle the mind when TMDK are still "languishing" in NOAH).

Anyone else looking forward to the joint NJPW/ROH Shows next month?
Here are the cards for all 4 nights if anyone is interested:

WAR OF THE WORLDS - NIGHT 1 (MAY 12)

* AJ Styles vs. Mystery Opponent

* The Briscoes vs. Okada & Shinsuke Nakamura

* The Addiction vs. Kingdom (w/ Maria) vs. Young Bucks

* Michael Elgin vs. Tetsuya Naito

* ReDRagon vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi & Jushin Thunder Liger

* Delirious vs. Gedo

* Roderick Strong vs. KUSHIDA

* Jay Lethal (w/ Truth Martini) vs. Takaaki Watanabe

WAR OF THE WORLDS - NIGHT 2 (MAY 13)

* Kingdom (Adam Cole, Matt Taven, Michael Bennett) vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles, Young Bucks)

* Jay Briscoe (c) vs. Bobby Fish for theROHWorld Championship

* Jay Lethal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Mark Briscoe vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

* Addiction (Daniels & Kaz) vs. Okada & Gedo

* Roderick Strong vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

* Kyle O'Reilly vs. Tetsuya Naito

* Michael Elgin vs. KUSHIDA

* Adam Page vs. Takaaki Watanabe

GLOBAL WARS - NIGHT 1 (MAY 15)

*ROH All Stars (Briscoes, Roderick Strong & War Machine) vs. Bullet Club (AJ Styles, Young Bucks, Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)

* Kingdom (w/ Maria) vs. Matt Sydal & Jushin Thunder Liger

*Jay Lethal(c) (w/ Truth Martini) vs. Tetsuya Naito for the ROH World TV Title

*Chris Sabin vs. KUSHIDA

*Gedo & Moose (w/ Stokely Hathaway & Veda Scott) vs. Watanabe & Silas Young

* ACH vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

* Michael Elgin vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

* Cedric Alexander vs. Okada

* Addiction vs. Roppongi Vice vs. Decade vs. ReDRagon

GLOBAL WARS - NIGHT 2 (MAY 16)

* Bullet Club (AJ Styles & Young Bucks) vs. CHAOS (Okada, Beretta & Rocky Romero)

* Shinsuka Nakamura vs. Roderick Strong

* Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito vs. ACH & Matt Sydal

* Dalton Castle vs. Jushin Thunder Liger

* Kingdom (Matt Taven & Michael Bennett w/ Maria) vs. Bullet Club (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson)

* Michael Elgin vs. Gedo

* KUSHIDA vs. Will Ferrara

Remove this Banner Ad

Back