Toast Nonna's Joint. Vicariously living Tom Liberatore's Grand Tour of the known Universe and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Its time to put up a suppository of the comic stylings of our Tom.

To kick things off. I give you a few of his most recent performances. Those of you that follow him on social media, watch him real close on the field or just stalk him through the streets and alleyways of Melbourne be sure to update this thread with his undoubted genius.

This is destined to be the greatest thread on the entire internet.

Classic pratfall followed by an absurdist answer to the gormless reporters question.

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/afl/vid...e-fit-from-injury-for-afl-grand-finals/#page1

I have no idea what this is, somebody younger than me could probably explain it.

Whatever it is I've watched it loop for the last 5 hours.

"Laissez faire." Good phrase that. Not one often muttered by an AFL payer.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ldogs-making-own-history-20160919-grjsl7.html

"The only weight of family history I have on my shoulders is leaving Nonna's joint," he said telling the tale of placating his worried grandmother.

"Other than that, nothing. I don't feel a thing, any pressure or anything like that."

"Everything is a bonus really we approached this finals series with a sense of riskiness and not laissez faire but we have kind of gone back to how we got to our best last year, throwing caution to the wind at times and being a bit more risky with the ball."

Last edited:

Before the game? Where was it shown? Ahahah sounds funny as .

Yeah before the game, they looked up at that "in the rooms" camera to do it.

Channel 7 then ran with it at half time or something.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah before the game, they looked up at that "in the rooms" camera to do it.

Channel 7 then ran with it at half time or something.

Damn me! for only recording the edited post game replay on FOX.

If I don't get to see this, I'm afraid that I may no longer be able to muster the will to live.

Somebody needs to upload it pronto!

This is what I immediately thought of when Libba went to remonstrate with Breust after jumping into Picken:
stunner1.gif

"Laissez faire." Good phrase that. Not one often muttered by an AFL payer.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ldogs-making-own-history-20160919-grjsl7.html

"Other than that, nothing. I don't feel a thing, any pressure or anything like that."

"Everything is a bonus really we approached this finals series with a sense of riskiness and not laissez faire but we have kind of gone back to how we got to our best last year, throwing caution to the wind at times and being a bit more risky with the ball."
I do question Libba's usage of lassez faire however. Or more particularly not lassez faire when they appear to be uninhibited by the weight of history or expectation and have a sense of freedom in the way they play (after the hard work is done of course).

I do question Libba's usage of lassez faire however. Or more particularly not lassez faire when they appear to be uninhibited by the weight of history or expectation and have a sense of freedom in the way they play (after the hard work is done of course).

I interpreted it as him saying that the players haven't let history instill a sense of predeterminism in them, believing that the club is cursed to a premiership drought that cannot end. Surrendering to a sense of predeterminism could lead to a lassez faire approach to the game because you feel like the outcome is out of your control.

I interpreted it as him saying that the players haven't let history instill a sense of predeterminism in them, believing that the club is cursed to a premiership drought that cannot end. Surrendering to a sense of predeterminism could lead to a lassez faire approach to the game because you feel like the outcome is out of your control.
I enjoy the possibility that what he meant may be indeterminable and/or ambiguous which might also be his intention.

Our favourite rapscallion was at it again during the closing 360 highlights package tonight. In a blink and you'll miss it moment, our bouffant hero was moving along the boundary with Clay Smith signing autographs when noticing his prey bend down to sign a football(?) he struck with the lightning speed of one of his handpasses and proceed to add a temporary tattoo to the back of Clays neck with the texta that he had at hand.

Hilarity ensued.

I hope Bob was watching.

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back