Toast Nonna's Joint. Vicariously living Tom Liberatore's Grand Tour of the known Universe and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

No I quite understand. Even if it was nothing to do with that I understand. When you’re off duty with a bunch of mates hoying down your dinner who wants some half - cut Irishman yapping at you?

I could have got my 2 and 4 year olds to serenade him with ‘sons of the west’ . Kids are great. Sometimes.

If we're being honest with ourselves then we probably realise it's unlikely that we ever see Libba at his absolute best again. He was a dominant midfielder in his prime but consistent knee injuries have hindered him tremendously. I wonder if we would ever consider using him as a tagger now? He comes across as a bit of an antagonist and he could be well-suited to that kind of role.

I could not be happier to have this bloke fit and firing this season. At the beginning of the year I had fears this may be his last year at the club. He deserves a fat multi year contract. Absolute heart beat of this footy club and I’d be physically sick if he were ever playing for anyone else.

It's been a pretty ******* miraculous return to form for the bloke, considering rumours floating around here that we'd seen the last of him at the Bulldogs.

He is the barometer for our side. Such a vital cog to our engine room who provides so much grunt.
Considering how frequent our next set of games are, he will certainly need to be rested/managed. Perhaps this week against the Tigers he should sit out? I would much rather him for Port Adelaide.

He is the barometer for our side. Such a vital cog to our engine room who provides so much grunt.
Considering how frequent our next set of games are, he will certainly need to be rested/managed. Perhaps this week against the Tigers he should sit out? I would much rather him for Port Adelaide.
Nah. I’d go all out against Richmond. Rest blokes to avoid a flight vs port. And go hard at Brisbane the following week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Libba has to be the biggest surprise packet of the year. Plenty of people whispering that he was done at the start of the year. Such an important player.

Has climbed the player ratings incredibly this year.

View attachment 939428
I put my hand up having thought we’d seen the best of Libba, so glad to be wrong.

Imagine how good Libba would have been if he had the durability of Scott Pendlebury.

It's easy for non-Bulldogs supporters to forget how awesome he was in 2013 and 2014 before he did his knee.

1601266557253.png

1601266581739.png

1601266634233.png

1601266666395.png

This season is clearly his best season outside of 2013 and 2014. It's such a testament to his work ethic and resilience to be performing at such a high standard. IMO he's our best player outside of Bont and Macrae.

He was Best and Fairest in 2014 and arguably may have won a couple more had he not been injured. In fact, I'd love to know how far we could have gone in 2015 had we had a fit Libba.

I was watching the final quarter of the 2016 GF earlier. When Hewett kicks a goal in the final quarter with about 11 minutes remaining, the next two clearances are won by Libba. Libba's craft at the next centre bounce almost goes unnoticed unless you pay careful attention. Thirty seconds later, there's a stoppage on the wing. Libba's craft again to win the clearance and send us inside 50 is a thing of beauty.

The vision, quick decision making and execution of that 50m kick into the middle of the ground last week really sticks in my mind. I don’t think there’s a single player in the comp that is as good as he is on the inside who can pull that kick off as consistently as him. Also don’t think there’s another player as good as him by hand going around either, his hands are just unbelievable some times. What a gun.

I felt offended when I think it was BT? Questioned Libba's disposal (or decision making?) last weekend.

His disposal is surely elite - I'd say he has Macrae, Bont, Hunter and Dunkley all covered with his kicking. He is the best handballer in the team.

I swear if I was working for Carlton, Gold Coast, Saints or Freo I'd be throwing big bucks at him.

I felt offended when I think it was BT? Questioned Libba's disposal (or decision making?) last weekend.

His disposal is surely elite - I'd say he has Macrae, Bont, Hunter and Dunkley all covered with his kicking. He is the best handballer in the team.

I swear if I was working for Carlton, Gold Coast, Saints or Freo I'd be throwing big bucks at him.
Libba is a great kick but Bont has him covered.

It was Gary Lyon

BT is a moron. Why would you take anything he says seriously?

No clubs are going to offer Libba massive overs to leave the Dogs lol. His knees are held together with duct tape. He will struggle next year when we go back to full length quarters.

It was Gary Lyon

You're right. It was Lyon and this was my reaction:

source.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back