Prediction North’s 2020 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough Luke, but I'm not sending a message, I'm literally saving money. I'll always be a member which is the key, and so will my wife who's been to one game in ten years and one of my kids who's been once in the last 2.

Its actually the AFL who I'm shitty with here, not the club.

Completely agree.

Fair enough Luke, but I'm not sending a message, I'm literally saving money. I'll always be a member which is the key, and so will my wife who's been to one game in ten years and one of my kids who's been once in the last 2.

Its actually the AFL who I'm shitty with here, not the club.
I totally get it. I’ve spent the last 3 years with kids footy getting in the road of Sunday games. I kept up the membership but seriously considered downgrading. I just think it’s playing into the AFL’s hands if we can’t get good numbers up across the board.

You misunderstood.

I will always buy a membership but I'm not getting a full one. I turned off the auto renew that gets my family 55 gate entries a season when we used 13 last year and will have fewer than that this year.

Now that I've seen the fixture I'll get us a 5 game membership. Not sure how that contributes to a worse draw?

I understand. I know a few people that went back to a home game membership rather then home & away after we sold 4 games to Tassie. With the replacement games it just isn’t worth it for the average punter. There’s quite a few pulling out of reserved seating as well.

I don't get the b/'s about kids not being able to attend. There are sports with higher participation rates and most junior sports are on Saturday - not every kid plays junior football.

With regards to the fixture, there's never going to be pleasing everyone, but, as someone previously said, the 3 MCG games and lack of stupid back to back interstate trips is a huge bonus!

5 games on FTA - how many did we have in 2019?
Not sure it is B/S mate...
Junior football is on Sundays, and although there are sports with higher participation rates, it stands to reason that a fair percentage of kids who follow football closely enough to want to go, also play the game. I didn’t attend one Sunday game this year because of it, and looking at next years fixture, I honestly think I will get to 2 games for the entire season.

Need to decrease the amount of Hobart games to 2. 4 is just way too many for a Melbourne based club. The split is quite literally 4 and 7, it needs to be at most 2 and 9. fu** that s**t off

Would bring some of the 50/50 Melbourne based members back into the fold.

Need to decrease the amount of Hobart games to 2. 4 is just way too many for a Melbourne based club. The split is quite literally 4 and 7 - which is bordering on actually being a semi-tasmanian side, it needs to be at most 2 and 9. fu** that s**t off
If we had more away games we could attend I don't reckon it would be as bad,

I haven't seen Hawthorn's draw but I can't imagine they would have only 12 games in Melbourne.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to decrease the amount of Hobart games to 2. 4 is just way too many for a Melbourne based club. The split is quite literally 4 and 7 - which is bordering on actually being a semi-tasmanian side, it needs to be at most 2 and 9. fu** that s**t off
If you want that then expect ALL membership categories to go up in value as we will drop $1 Million in revenue unless we get some major sponsors on board or 3 white knights then you may get your wish

If you want that then expect ALL membership categories to go up in value as we will drop $1 Million in revenue unless we get some major sponsors on board or 3 white knights then you may get your wish

They could actually sack half a dozen general managers and remove all the non football related expenditure.

I'd imagine there's a couple of million saved right there.

The memberships are less valuable depending upon the categories because there're fewer Melbourne home games. You're telling me you wouldn't pay extra to have 11 home matches in Melbourne? Replacement games are fine and all I suppose but having 4 home games per season in another state is shithouse imo. Might as well ship the club down there full time. In fact I'm convinced that the AFL is still trying for that. 5 next season including the Hawthorn away match. That's a hell of a lot

THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE TO BE VERY VERY AFRAID OF, AS STEP BY SUBTLE (NOT VERY) STEP, THE AFL MANOUEVRES US TO PLAY MORE GAMES IN TASMANIA.

I have held that belief from the moment the AFL pulled the Ballarat rug from under us. I think we could have built a good model of playing lower-drawing sides in Ballarat, but the AFL ripped it away from us without explanation (as best as I can recall).

So yes, be very afraid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back