North’s greatest players night. Boomer picked ahead of Blight...embarrassing and disgraceful

Remove this Banner Ad

Our side from last week would beat those 17 plus a few others not good enough to make the list.

And our 96 team would have beaten blah blah blah.

Reality is Richmond have been awful from 1983 to midway through 2017.

Love it. Thread about North's best turns into a Richmond thread. No surprises on the main board, ever.

Well, we are their Grand Final and they are smarting from being physically humiliated by us a few weeks ago.

And our 96 team would have beaten blah blah blah.

Reality is Richmond have been awful from 1983 to midway through 2017.
Yet we still have a greater list of players, but that should be expected when North have been a nothing club for all but about ten years in their existence.

Yet we still have a greater list of players, but that should be expected when North have been a nothing club for all but about ten years in their existence.

Ya know, the North best 22 vs the Richmond best 22 over the journey would be an interesting battle.

I don't see who Richmond play on Carey though.

You get Nahas!

Nah, his spot is taken by Cameron Zurhaar.

Zurhaar may seem an odd inclusion in North's team of the century, but he did terrorise the MIGHTY RICHMOND PREMIERSHIP TEAM THAT ARE BETTER THAN ANY TO COME BEFORE OR ANY WHO SHALL EMERGE IN THE FUTURE a few weeks ago, so he should do well in that role.

Nah, his spot is taken by Cameron Zurhaar.

Zurhaar may seem an odd inclusion in North's team of the century, but he did terrorise the MIGHTY RICHMOND PREMIERSHIP TEAM THAT ARE BETTER THAN ANY TO COME BEFORE OR ANY WHO SHALL EMERGE IN THE FUTURE a few weeks ago, so he should do well in that role.
It’s the other 21 who’ll let you down.

Memories are funny things and mine depart from accepted history pretty frequently.

Sam Kekovich for a brief period was just amazing. Might have been the best player in the country late 60s. Played a stinker in 74 GF, and missed the photo shoot in 75 victorous team!

Dench, Shimma, Greig and Glendinning were standouts for me.

Cable had 2 stints at North from memory(?), with plenty of games before he came over. He was near perfection on his day and there were plenty of them, but I wonder where / when he played his best. The 74 GF was a horror show for him, and I cant remember him cutting up my team very often.

Blight has a highlight reel, a great player, but played plenty of disappointing games - the talk in the 70s with my mates was his inconsistency.

I dont think Harvey gets anywhere near top 10, and Blight might just scrape in, and Cable was a very good not great player at North.

Greig and Dench are two of the all time greats.

Dench should have been AFL team of the century full back over Silvagini.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we do Richmond 1990-2010 vs Norf 2000-2019 instead? I wanna see Greg Tivendale lined up against Shaun Atley on a wing.

You do understand right that we beat you in a final - your team containing the core of your current side - not that long ago?

The brutal reality is that over the last quarter of a century, a combined North/Richmond team would have three - at best - Richmond players ... Martin, Rance and Richardson.

As in, from 1994 - now, a combined side, only THREE Richmond players.

Even then Richardson more for sentimental value than anything else.

If all you’ve got is “who’ll take Duck” then you don’t have much.

There’s at least six players in Richmond’s TOTC who have won as many flags as North Melbourne, so I’ll back the Tigers in.

So agreed no Richmond player in the club's entire history would stand a chance against our centre half forward.

You do understand right that we beat you in a final - your team containing the core of your current side - not that long ago?

The brutal reality is that over the last quarter of a century, a combined North/Richmond team would have three - at best - Richmond players ... Martin, Rance and Richardson.

Lol talk about delusion

Wonder how many Coleman's Jack has to win to make your precious team.

We beat you in a final but didn’t win the flag is what I expect to hear from Collingwood supporters.

Memories are funny things and mine depart from accepted history pretty frequently.

Sam Kekovich for a brief period was just amazing. Might have been the best player in the country late 60s. Played a stinker in 74 GF, and missed the photo shoot in 75 victorous team!

Dench, Shimma, Greig and Glendinning were standouts for me.

Cable had 2 stints at North from memory(?), with plenty of games before he came over. He was near perfection on his day and there were plenty of them, but I wonder where / when he played his best. The 74 GF was a horror show for him, and I cant remember him cutting up my team very often.

Blight has a highlight reel, a great player, but played plenty of disappointing games - the talk in the 70s with my mates was his inconsistency.

I dont think Harvey gets anywhere near top 10, and Blight might just scrape in, and Cable was a very good not great player at North.

How many North players captained victorian state sides?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back