U19 North 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballsy by you writing off LTUFC after two convincing wins on the trot, Ivanhoe and then Old Westbourne by 70 odd. LTUFC have been at full strength once this season which no one would know, when they handed out the biggest drubbing of the year to emmaus of 184 points. We knocked off Therry comfortably at the beggnning of the season and when we were down arguably our best player, and go into them this week minus only one player to injury (not a bad feat considering our best 5 players have in total missed 8+5+8+8+2 = 31 games). Look for LTUFC to challenge Therry, especially as no one knows how to play our oval better. my money for theThe top four will be
1. Therry
2. Aquinas
3. LTUFC
4. Old Westbourne
Old Westbourne has a cakewalk to the finals with 2 woeful teams coming up, If LTUFC can beat Therry then there home because fitzroy have barely mastered the drop punt let alone a win. Ivanhoe are as good as gone with aquinas, who is defiantely the team to beat, and then old ivanhoe, who dont have good enough percentage nor deserve it for coming into our comp half way through;

I was very careful not to write off LTU as I knew they weren't at full strength the second time we played them. I still reckon they were the best team we have played this year when we beat them in round 5 or 6. Also would love to have a neutral first week final against Therry at LTU, because I think we may be the team that plays your ground the best, after you of course ;). Every team has injuries or unavailabilities at times during the season. We have had our two best players by a country mile miss 8-10 games each through both injury and work commitments. It is always going to be the case in U19's football. It's also good to see this forum finally coming alive even if it is late in the season.

yeah i know damo5 i was just jiving you, id write us off if i saw us lose to bulleen temp and manningham by 15 goals, but im on the inside and saw 3 of our special 5 come back in.

Yeah borthwick could be okay for b&f, playing against some teams i wouldnt say hes the best the leagues got, althuough a true kick of the ball. I almost think its a shame OLD I and Manningham havnt been in long enough, that number 1 for Manningham against us was the best single performance ive seen all your and beat a tag. and im sure Old I would be capable of the same but i havnt seen them play enough.

Aquinas boy, im flattered, first time you played us was our first time with injuries, we lost two mids and a chf, but to your credit i thought that was the most helpless ive felt on a football field this your, your whole team pretty much beat their man and you can only beat what we put out. the second time was rubbish, our 2 best K.O'd eachother within 5 minutes, and sitll without some of our other better players we had no chance, im sure you guys have all had injuries this year but if you saw us at the begginning we won our first 5, then have been shaky since, proud to announce this week we'll be in top form though, with an undermanned therry this should be good, hope so anyway, LTUFC;s home game

I had a feeling they were two of your better players and they KO'd themselves in the same contest, looking forward to hopefully every team being at full strength over the next few weeks so we can judge each other on our best side not whatever side happens to run out on the day. Also was serious about wanting to play finals at LTU that ground is amazing. Although after coming from our two grounds anything would be rated as amazing, we have only beaten Fitzroy and Emmaus by a total of probably 15 goals in the last two weeks and the state of our grounds would have to be a factor. B&F for the year would have been number 1 from whitefriars if he'd played all the games he was an absolute gun.

Well Damo5 i apologise i was wrong. LTU Cougars are buried
top four borderline decided

1. Therry
2. Aquinas
3. Old Westbourne
4. Match of the round, Ivanhoe VS Old Ivanhoe, contravercial for last finals spot

Well done Ivanhoe i cant believed u knocked off Quinas, good win. Well it was nice being a little rabbit to you boys theres only about 5 of us talking but i loved talking smack with you in the few days we shared together, no excuse this time, we dont deserve finals. Goodluck to all of you playing

PLEASE dont let Old Westbourne bring home a flag, i know there not good enough anyway but yeah... I reckon Therry and Aquinas GF and who will win i have no idea.

Final Spot:
Old Ivanhoe vs Ivanhoe should be an absolute ripper, you couldn't have written a better script for the final spot. I can't speak for Old Ivanhoe but i know that Ivanhoe will have their strongest side on the park, due to the seniors bowing out of D3 finals contention.

League Best & Fairest:
As obvious as it may be I believe that the league best & fairest will be awarded to either a Aquinas or Therry player.
I rate J. Roos from Aquinas and the whole Therry midfield is very solid (may pinch votes from each other).

Thoughts?

Sorry didn't realize J.Roos had only played 6 games. I could be being a bit harsh to La Trobe, some good players there as well. Maybe even some Ivanhoe players :D

Agree that Old Ivanhoe and Ivanhoe will be a cracker.
Therry's midfield is very even.
Best and fairest will be a needle in a hay stack.

J.Roos, C.Willis and A.La Marca from the bloods would have had a great chance at the B&F if they'd played more games but i think La Marca has the most with maybe 10-12 and that isn't enough to win it although his first 5 games for us were outstanding. Not really sure about names for the other clubs but one of Ivanhoes talls has dominated against us all three times we have played them maybe called Ash?

Haha yeah thats me, however i haven't played enough games :( Another big chance for Ivanhoe would be L. Roberts (our CHF). Playing up an age group and deserves to poll well. What position did La Marca play in, I dont remember him.

Ivanhoes talls dominated against us to but was told theyd been up and down in snrs. realistically though, i think in this league you could win b&f with 11 games or so. Every teams had their best out for some reason or another for heaps of games. If whitefriars had been here the whole time, ill say it again, it belongs to number 1 hes a gun,. La Trobe have a few good boys , Toohey in number 4 a mid but only played 11 games, and Dowler in number 19 our CHB whos played 16 or so. i was kidding about borthwick being our best. Or number 8 is good for us too.
Looking forward to this weeks results.

La Marca from aquinas plays off half back and kicks out from full back I think, if I'm thinking of the right bloke then he should definately poll well, regardless of a few games he's missed.
I reckon the big chances are,
A tall CHF/FF from Latrobe. I've heard he's missed alot of games though, and a huge chance is number 5 I think (bloke with lots of spiky black and yellow hair haha)
Ivanhoe's CHB, as well as a lightning quick midfielder/wingman
Therry is too even I reckon
Old Westbourne, the guy with the yellow boots, aswell as someone called 'porter' I think

I think the bloke your thinking of is either L.McDonald or T.Rosevear they both play on a back flank and take the kick outs. La Marca plays mostly in the middle resting in a forward pocket. Yeah 22 from La Trobe i reckon is the bloke your thinking of, was good against us both times we played them.

can anyone put a date to when the vote count is?
our 22 is a confidence player your thinking of joyce #21 he missed half the season with snrs football.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah no idea yet sorry BMXBandit. Disappointing finish to the year for Ivanhoe I really thought we were a huge chance. I think that Old Ivanhoe will go all the way now, good luck to the teams in the finals.

Does anyone know why it says Aquinas are versing Old Ivanhoe and not Old Westbourne? The website says Old Westbourne clearly beat Old Ivanhoe.

Good Luck to Therry Penola this weekend. Hope you guys beat Old Ivanhoe, as you probably saw on Saturday they are a very, very good side with more than a handful of new players who we didnt see during the year. Will be tough to beat but I hope you guys win. Old Ivanhoe who couldn't win in North 1 when it was all a little bit too hard then took the option of coming down, which in itself is fair enough but to then absolutely dominate in North 2 so far shows that they either recruited heavily or just decided to try a bit harder when it got easy for them. Either way I would rather Therry win this week as they have been the team that deserves it the most after the season that they have had. Good Luck Boys

Good Luck to Therry Penola this weekend. Hope you guys beat Old Ivanhoe, as you probably saw on Saturday they are a very, very good side with more than a handful of new players who we didnt see during the year. Will be tough to beat but I hope you guys win. Old Ivanhoe who couldn't win in North 1 when it was all a little bit too hard then took the option of coming down, which in itself is fair enough but to then absolutely dominate in North 2 so far shows that they either recruited heavily or just decided to try a bit harder when it got easy for them. Either way I would rather Therry win this week as they have been the team that deserves it the most after the season that they have had. Good Luck Boys

Cool,

OI could have easily folded if they remained in Divi 1. They have been fortunate to get a couple (and I mean a couple) of school boys to come down and play, and one player came back from injury.

There is just a big difference between Divi 1 and Divi 2. Only three OI players are top age, so they should do well again in 2011, what ever grade they are put in.

Just got back from the Old Ivanhoe vs Therry Penola Grand final, what a game! I found myself barracking for Therry Penola after the CHF drilled a torpee for 55 out. A courageous come back from Therry who in my opinion should have won the game, however if there was one certainty about the game and that was M. Del Monte (#7) winning the best player on the ground. Must have racked up 40+possies and effectively kicked the winning point. Congratulations to Old Ivanhoe however you cant not feel sorry for Therry who were the powerhouse team all year.

Just got back from the Old Ivanhoe vs Therry Penola Grand final, what a game! I found myself barracking for Therry Penola after the CHF drilled a torpee for 55 out. A courageous come back from Therry who in my opinion should have won the game, however if there was one certainty about the game and that was M. Del Monte (#7) winning the best player on the ground. Must have racked up 40+possies and effectively kicked the winning point. Congratulations to Old Ivanhoe however you cant not feel sorry for Therry who were the powerhouse team all year.

Fair summation, but a team that leads at every quarter deserves to win.

Its a pity that the higher grade teams don't get to play at such a brilliant ground as Visy Park!!:confused:

Was at the game... found myself barracking for therry in the end as i thought they truely deserved it....Being the best team in the comp all year. the real question is...will old ivanhoe stay up in the north 1 next year or request to stay down to chase more silverware?

Was at the game... found myself barracking for therry in the end as i thought they truely deserved it....Being the best team in the comp all year. the real question is...will old ivanhoe stay up in the north 1 next year or request to stay down to chase more silverware?

Wiseguy.

Easy to "pot" a team from behind your computer.

Lets get some facts straight.

OI did not have an Under 19 team in 2009, so to be put straight into Div 1 was questionable at least.

OI beat Whitefriars twice by an average of 100 points, so it is fair that Whitefriars asked to be dropped down a grade.

OI lost its other 6 games by an average of 106 points which would reflect that OI was not upto Div 1.

The VAFA, at the request of the club accepted OI and Whitefriars request to be dropped down a grade.

OI then won their 1st two games against two of the bottom teams, then they came from a long way back to beat Ivanhoe by 1 point. Then they lost to Aquinas.

So it was clear that OI were not destroying Div 2.

Then school football finished, and we were able to bolster our stocks by 4-5 players. None of these players were TAC players they were just school kids.

Now the team had 24-26 players to choose from instead on 16-18.

15 of the grand final team are bottom age and will go around again, if not selected for higher duties.

It was clearly evident that two of the finalist in Div 2 were very tired and under maned.

Clearly Therry weren't and that's why the game was a never say die affair.

If there is anyone to "pot" its the Ammos for putting us in Div 1 to start with.

Congrats to Andy Harris and the coach Brad Shaddbolt for keeping the team together in the dark early days.

Bring on Div 1 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back