U19 North 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Wiseguy.

Easy to "pot" a team from behind your computer.

Lets get some facts straight.

OI did not have an Under 19 team in 2009, so to be put straight into Div 1 was questionable at least.

OI beat Whitefriars twice by an average of 100 points, so it is fair that Whitefriars asked to be dropped down a grade.

OI lost its other 6 games by an average of 106 points which would reflect that OI was not upto Div 1.

The VAFA, at the request of the club accepted OI and Whitefriars request to be dropped down a grade.

OI then won their 1st two games against two of the bottom teams, then they came from a long way back to beat Ivanhoe by 1 point. Then they lost to Aquinas.

So it was clear that OI were not destroying Div 2.

Then school football finished, and we were able to bolster our stocks by 4-5 players. None of these players were TAC players they were just school kids.

Now the team had 24-26 players to choose from instead on 16-18.

15 of the grand final team are bottom age and will go around again, if not selected for higher duties.

It was clearly evident that two of the finalist in Div 2 were very tired and under maned.

Clearly Therry weren't and that's why the game was a never say die affair.

If there is anyone to "pot" its the Ammos for putting us in Div 1 to start with.

Congrats to Andy Harris and the coach Brad Shaddbolt for keeping the team together in the dark early days.

Bring on Div 1 next year.

You cannot tell me that OI werent aware that they would be getting good players back to bolster their stocks???

No doubt this premiership is tainted, TP deserved it and fought back gallantly following the 7 goal smacking a few weeks earlier and from being 29 points down mid way through the 3rd term of the granny. I know if i was a OI player i would'nt be celebrating too hard knowing they had to come down a grade, when they were clearly good enough with the team they had once dropped down to compete in North 1.

Rumour is the Therry boys have had a fair crack this past week. Sign of a strong bunch of blokes who love each others company.

You cannot tell me that OI werent aware that they would be getting good players back to bolster their stocks???

No doubt this premiership is tainted, TP deserved it and fought back gallantly following the 7 goal smacking a few weeks earlier and from being 29 points down mid way through the 3rd term of the granny. I know if i was a OI player i would'nt be celebrating too hard knowing they had to come down a grade, when they were clearly good enough with the team they had once dropped down to compete in North 1.

Rumour is the Therry boys have had a fair crack this past week. Sign of a strong bunch of blokes who love each others company.

Welcome to BF, but what a shite way to start.

The only thing that was tainted was the premiership cup, and that was from the stains of victory.

To spell it out again.

The team was within days of folding. Losing games by an average of 100 points shows that we were not up to Div 1.

The draw once down in Div 2 helped as we only played TP once.

Remember we only WON the GF by a point. If we had won by 100 points your argument may have some validity.

I'm not sure if Tim Gleeson played any games for the Knights TAC cup side but he was definitely a big inclusion throughout the final stages of the year.

Just thought if anyone wanted to shed some light on whos in the box seat come finals and best players etc.
Get this thread up and running again.?

Yeah it does seem that way..
I know for a fact that for the next 5 weeks latrobe is gunna be very under manned due to uni holidays but should be full strength once the important stuff rolls around.
Bulleen are class, yet beatable.

yeah la trobe and bulleen will almost definately finish 1 and 2

la trobe get around 12-15 players back in 2 weeks and shouldnt drop any more games..

banyule are a massive dark horse as they have beaten both top teams easily.

La Trobe only seemed to be missing 5-6 players in yesterdays loss according to come of their players, i know banyule are due for a 3-4 players to come back into the side seeing as the Northern Knights may scrape through to become TAC Finals Contenders,

looks like it's gonna be down to the wire come finals time for all 4 teams

Yeah i was talking to one of my mates from la trobe and he said their whole backline except 1 player was out with their full back in the seniors and two back up ruckman were out so their chf had to ruck most of the game and their full forward suspended as well, with about 5 others home for uni holidays..
All of which i think he said return in the next week or two, so in reply i think it was more than just the 5..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i was talking to one of my mates from la trobe and he said their whole backline except 1 player was out with their full back in the seniors and two back up ruckman were out so their chf had to ruck most of the game and their full forward suspended as well, with about 5 others home for uni holidays..
All of which i think he said return in the next week or two, so in reply i think it was more than just the 5..

yeah seems that way now you mentioned that, but i believed what the La trobe player said not really converse to much with him on the track. i know la trobes main stand out was the red headed bloke which im guessing was their man CHF and one of their midfielders tall fella that was Saturdays game anyway.

last time we played La trobe (banyule) it seemed to be a pretty even affair despite going down by 3 goals or somethign like that.

yeah seems that way now you mentioned that, but i believed what the La trobe player said not really converse to much with him on the track. i know la trobes main stand out was the red headed bloke which im guessing was their man CHF and one of their midfielders tall fella that was Saturdays game anyway.

last time we played La trobe (banyule) it seemed to be a pretty even affair despite going down by 3 goals or somethign like that.

yeah na all that should make for a pretty good finals series once it starts.

been very quiet here. who is everyones thoughts to make the g/f. bulleen vs therry for mine

Agreed. Therry should beat Banyule this week, and after destroying La Trobe on Saturday, will most likely do so again in the prelim.

But in saying that...how the heck did Ivanhoe lose to Whitefriars? Massive choke.

should be a pretty even contest between the cave and therry it ended up being one a piece for the season and the loss banyule suffered was only 4 points i think.

Latrobe have a had a shocking last few weeks word has it they screwed around with there 19's and adding them into the senior squad making a few ineligable for 19's finals..... any truth to that ?
also they lost on of their good players mitch gleeson( red headed fella) i think to a tennis scholorship o/s so that as well is a major blow to the side.

id say you couldn't pick or choose between the 1st semi
but Bulleen to blow Latrobe out of the water this weekend for a spot in the big one.

Therry and Banyule haven't played since round 8 so should be a good contest, however, Therry's form over the last 8 weeks has been unstoppable, barring their round 17 loss to Ivanhoe, the only other loss was to Bulleen Temp by 11 points.

Looking forward to finals!

yeah that's true.
but then again after all the effort if ivanhoe had won on saturday against whitefriars that means they would off been out (therry),

dunno what relevance that has to the final series, but if anything they just scraped in but at the end of the day those top 4 teams are there for a valid reason.

i'm still going Banyule for a darkhorse to make the GF
but if past few weeks results are anything to go by
you can count Therry, Bulleen and Banyule the only real contenders as for la trobe the later in the season they went the more and more they took there foot off the gas.

Also, just with an 8 team competition in 18 rounds, Therry had a very tough draw with Bulleen, Ivanhoe and La Trobe 3 times.
Fairly good effort to make the four.

A loss to Whitefriars (Ivanhoe) leaves you making excuses for how it happened, and here are mine.

- The pockets on the ground were not far off quicksand, each step sunk you up to your ankles. During the game, WF's, having trained on the ground, knew to avoid kicking to that area, whereas we consistently got bogged there.

- The inclusion of Northern Knights ruckman Tim Baker, who was dominant in the ruck and when up forward.

- Us coming to the ground expecting to win.

We played terrible, and should have been able to peg back the margin but the key forwards weren't firing.

On an unrelated note, any tips for the league best and fairest? Mine would have to go to Jack Langford from Banyule or James Hodson from Bulleen.

Just a quick prediction...
La Trobe with a full strength side to beat Therry by 12 points to put them in the GF
Bulleen will then go onto win by 3-4 goals in a closer match then was seen in the 2nd semi..
Congrats to Jordy O'Brien from La Trobe for winning the B n F..

Anyone know how to access the votes for the year??

Just a quick prediction...
La Trobe with a full strength side to beat Therry by 12 points to put them in the GF
Bulleen will then go onto win by 3-4 goals in a closer match then was seen in the 2nd semi..
Congrats to Jordy O'Brien from La Trobe for winning the B n F..

Anyone know how to access the votes for the year??

Inside information at La Trobe that their getting players back this week?
I cant see them winning, even if they do have a stack of ins, they lack that chemistry.

Therry to win by 3 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back