2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Round 11 @ Prospect

Saturday 29th of June 2:40pm at Prospect Oval. Live on Channel 7 at 2.30pm.

For people that can't make it to the game the digital pass this year is similar to last year. If you are a member of one of the 8 other SANFL clubs you get every SANFL game (including all Port home and away games) live for $30, non-members of those 8 other clubs have to pay $60. Or for a 30 days pass it's $6 for members, $10 for non-members.
https://sanfldigitalpass.com.au/#/

This game is on at the same day as the AFL sides game vs the Western Bulldogs (The AFL game being at night).

1 of the 4 emergencies will be held back this week (probs Marshall.) Howard and Amon suspended for 1 week each could end up being an opportunity for Ladhams and Drew.

Rockliff will be assessed ahead of his possible return, Powell-Pepper and Lienert should be in, Ryder to make his SANFL Debut, Westhoff to make his PAFC SANFL Debut (after playing for Centrals several years ago). Sam Davidson back from his hammy.

Dixon, Ebert, Wines, and Garner will all come out of the team after being called up to the AFL side during the SANFL bye.

A win against bottom placed North could see us climb up to as high as 3rd spot.
Untitled.jpg

Maggies Changes:
IN: Ryder, Westhoff, Rockliff, Powell-Pepper, Lienert, Davidson, Strange, Corcoran
OUT: Dixon, Ebert, Wines, Garner, Ladhams, Drew (AFL) Sutcliffe (AFL emerg), Pudney

Maggies Side:
F: Hayes - Frampton - Cox
HF: Woodcock - Marshall - Johnson
C: Mayes - Rockliff - Westhoff
HB: Frederick - McKenzie - Lienert
B: Grundy - Corcoran - Hewett
R: Ryder - Atley - Powell-Pepper
INT: Davidson - Elsworthy - Strange
EMERG: Pudney - Appleton

Other:
Watts (Leg, TBC)
Trengove: (Leg Laceration, TBC)
Mahney: (Shoulder, 4 weeks)
Broadbent: (Personal Leave, ?)
Smith: (Last played, Trial Match 2)
Wong: (Last played, Round 7)
Hill: (Last Played, Round 8)
Edwards: (Last Played, Round 8)
Mead: (Last Played, Round 9)

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2014
People's Republic of Onkaparinga
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
If the side that Ross has predicted lines up that way, and I think Ross is on the money, we will have 21 AFL listed players on the park. It must be a while since that has happened if it has ever happened?

Joe Atley will have had a big fall if the side lines up as you predict Ross. In the AFL side in Round 9 but interchange for the Reserves in round 15 but that is a good position to be in.

I note that in today's press the Club has announced that it intends to adopt an SANFL selection policy for long term injuries and poor form. This is the way things used to be done. Rushing under prepared players back into the AFL has never made sense to me. Working players back through the Reserves does two things, it makes sure the player is right to give 100% at top level and it also gives opportunities for young players to show what they can do at AFL level. Of course it also means that the SANFL sees some class AFL players in action and of course it gives the SANFL clubs something to whinge about which is a bonus.

Last edited:

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
If the side that Ross has predicted lines up that way, and I think Ross is on the money, we will have 21 AFL listed players on the park. It must be a while since that has happened if it has ever happened?
In 2017 when we lost the GF to Sturt. We had a few rounds where we had more than the full 21, and we had Ladhams, Irra and Hewett playing SANFL Reserves.

Last edited:
You must have had fun putting the predicted side together.

I'm surprised by the Ladhams call though, can't see us bringing another ruck into the AFL side this week.
If Howard gets suspended I'd make Ladhams the 2nd fwd/2nd ruck.

Jack Mead is with the Eagles. I don't know the rules but he's played reserves for em, so I don't think he's allowed to play for us.
He has to play league football with them before the U18 national championships. If he doesn't, then after that he's ours.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'd also note that Jack(son) Mead is meant to be the much better of the two brothers (though I've really like Mitch this year!) I'd put money on Jack being on the power list next season.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In 2017 when we lost the GF to Sturt. We had a few rounds where we had more than the full 21, and we had Ladhams, Irra and Hewett playing SANFL Reserves.

I don't remember Ladhams or Hewett playing reserves that year, Irra 100% did. I think you might be getting confused on when we had to play 5 SANFL listed players in finals so those blokes got dropped. Though I would've played Irra in the GF.

kgerlach01

Team Captain
Dec 29, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Part of the concessions we were given when we gave up the Academy side.

Still confusing haha. With Sutcliffe now on the power list, what happens in finals? Do we still have to play 5 SANFL players? Or would it change to 4? Seeing as one of those players included our marquee leadership player...

Still confusing haha. With Sutcliffe now on the power list, what happens in finals? Do we still have to play 5 SANFL players? Or would it change to 4? Seeing as one of those players included our marquee leadership player...

ok let me explain it.

Jackson Mead is with the Eagles, but he's a father son prospect for the PAFC. Obviously he can't play juniors with us we don't have any.

The concession is, If he doesn't play senior SANFL footy in the 1st half of the year in his 18th year then he can turn into a PAFC SANFL listed player mid-season after the U18 Championships.

Also with Sutcliffe, he's now an AFL listed player so 4 other SANFL listed players have to take up the 4 finals spots. Finals is 17 AFL + 4 SANFL.

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I don't remember Ladhams or Hewett playing reserves that year, Irra 100% did. I think you might be getting confused on when we had to play 5 SANFL listed players in finals so those blokes got dropped. Though I would've played Irra in the GF.
Yeah Hewett I'm not 100% certain with, but Ladhams 100% did

Back