Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
2 weeks ago against the tingle's magoos at Alberton, Lobbe looked like a lumbering ox, and with a comparable skill level, at the 22 min mark of this game he has 48 hitouts amongst his numerous other stats, and 163 DT points. o_O
Jumping up n down to limber up at the centre bounces ='s knee no problems.
imo is not part of our future tho'. Robbie Young a big last qtr. Any of Snelling Houston Bonner and Hewitt worth a gamble next week?

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
The magpies have ANOTHER bye in the last round. Jesus christ, get your s**t together SANFL.

you'd think the fair thing to do is rotate it between us and Adelaide Reserves... oh how silly of me, the word FAIR isn't in the SNAFL vocabulary.

RustyCage

Premiership Player
Mar 4, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The magpies have ANOTHER bye in the last round. Jesus christ, get your s**t together SANFL.

Isn't that the week off before the finals in the AFL? Port requested that any week the AFL team didn't have a game then the SANFL team would also have the week off

imo is not part of our future tho'. Robbie Young a big last qtr. Any of Snelling Houston Bonner and Hewitt worth a gamble next week?

Snelling, Hewett and Houston are rookies so no chance. But that was probably Houston's best game. Looks composed and assured as a defender.

Not Bonner's best game but play him. And Lobbe, White and Palmer.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
In b4 in: Lobbe :(

only at port is a player who's currently in our best fit 22, coming back from injury, who we need in form, in a position we have been undersized at for 3 months, in a position that we got slaughtered at on the weekend in a worst on ground performance coming back into the side is a bad thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no problem with Lobbe coming in but considering we looked top heavy against Sydney who goes out? That will tell a story. Pack Dixon in cotton wool or does Butcher get dropped?

Or do we get around it by dropping Austin back to the Magpies?

Mar 1, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

3 of them are rookies Greg, so no chance, Bonner maybe.

You do have to wonder why Lobbe would turn it on today, some magic elixir, or did he decide to fire up after yesterday's debacle so he would be picked against the Dees next week?

He absolutely schooled his opponent today ( Craig ), who I believe was on an AFL list some years back, so it's not as if he was up against an inexperienced undersized kid.

I have no problem with Lobbe coming in but considering we looked top heavy against Sydney who goes out? That will tell a story. Pack Dixon in cotton wool or does Butcher get dropped?

Stewart would be the most obvious I'd have thought.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Melbourne are generally a tall team and also have Gawn. Stewart was abysmal yesterday, Trengove going back for 75% game time and Clurey patching up Stewarts position doesn't reduce run too much. also i think being too tall is something we should try at least once before Ken leaves.

Leaveit2charlie

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
3 of them are rookies Greg, so no chance, Bonner maybe.

You do have to wonder why Lobbe would turn it on today, some magic elixir, or did he decide to fire up after yesterday's debacle so he would be picked against the Dees next week?

He absolutely schooled his opponent today ( Craig ), who I believe was on an AFL list some years back, so it's not as if he was up against an inexperienced undersized kid.

It's mental with Lobbe. Think you are right.

Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well, I guess Lobbe is back in. Hopefully he can play well enough for a few weeks to suck Richmond or the Dogs into giving up something good for him.

This.

If we get another 1st round offer he needs to be told that he'll be playing SANFL footy for the next 3 years (3 years!) if he doesn't agree to the trade.

Harsh I know but it's time to be ruthless.

mic59

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 20, 2002
Alberton, the chosen land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Blyth Spartans, Dallas Cowboys
Forgot about this live stream, was chuffed to hear that we have smashed the utensil-a-doodle-doos, and especially that Lobbe had a great game. Got a bit of heat for his performance against Reilly O'Brien last week. Why could he not have done that when we played them as well?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back