North Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to bring you bad news but Gill pulled a hamstring minutes before running out on the ground and didn't play and was replaced

Damn that is not good. Thanks anyway Thiele even if it was bad news. :thumbsu:

Gilly can't take a trick at the moment.
Cant wait for him to get back fit and back into the Crows team just so he can show his aerial talents to the rest of the AFL and get a 'Mark of the Year' contender. Always remember a hanger he took a couple of years back against Port, absolute gem.

Ladhams has not left North. That was a rumour that circled before the season began but that has been talked about the last couple of years, it's like the Gowans retiring from Centrals.

He was superb in the game against Eagles and loved every minute, he even did a tattoo kiss and point after kicking another one of his brilliant goals.

Looks much fitter as well this year and will probably spend much more time in the middle as a result.

Looks much fitter as well this year and will probably spend much more time in the middle as a result.

He was given a bit of a kick up the arse regarding his fitness in the pre-season, good to see him back looking the goods. He's a gun up forward but when he's fit and firing he's better on the ball, we will look potent in that area when Jimmy is fit too.

Anyone go to the game? How did it all go so wrong.

We don't experienced ruck at the moment and the retirement of Ben Hart has left a huge gap in our defence.
Also Sturt are very good let's make no mistake about that. Even this early the way they have carried on from last year you get the feeling they are headed to the Grannie.

Got killed in the ruck.

Alleway was the only target up forward.

Defence was too loose by Coulter was on a key forward rather than a flank. We need Gallman back in to add another key tall back there. Thankfully Damon White played and did well I thought considering it's his first game in a month.

Not only did we get flogged in ruck but as soon as the ball hit the deck it was all Blue, it was like I was seeing double at times. Whether it was in a stoppage, or simply from a marking contest, Sturt were too quick on the deck.

It's early but they look like one of the GF teams this year.

Got killed in the ruck.

Alleway was the only target up forward.

Defence was too loose by Coulter was on a key forward rather than a flank. We need Gallman back in to add another key tall back there. Thankfully Damon White played and did well I thought considering it's his first game in a month.

Not only did we get flogged in ruck but as soon as the ball hit the deck it was all Blue, it was like I was seeing double at times. Whether it was in a stoppage, or simply from a marking contest, Sturt were too quick on the deck.

It's early but they look like one of the GF teams this year.

O'Hara played in the Ressies, so hopefully he can add something in the ruck when he comes back in.

Also, how did Ward go?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The skill level was abysmal along with the decision making. It was either a case of too many handballs putting their teammates under pressure then being forced to bomb long to no-one or kicking to a lead and missing by 5-10 metres.

A settled team lineup would be nice as well, not rocking up on gameday to discover blokes that haven't been named coming in and others dropping out.

Don't you guys find it frustrating that we continually let sides back into the contest (ie Eagles, round 1) when we lead by 6-8 goals, however, when we fall behind by the same margin we barely give a yelp:mad:

Yep it's been happening for years, nothing has changed. When we lose, we get smashed and the majority of times when we lead by a solid margin and look like having an easy, percentage boosting win, we stop and win by a couple of goals.

Need I remind you two gentleman of the last round last year, the qualifying final and the preliminary final. :thumbsu::cool:
It doesn't ALWAYS happen:p
What worries me in particulary is "junk time" goals. This has been a worry for a couple of years now where the opposition get "easy" goals late in time on.

Need I remind you two gentleman of the last round last year, the qualifying final and the preliminary final. :thumbsu::cool:
What worries me in particulary is "junk time" goals. This has been a worry for a couple of years now where the opposition get "easy" goals late in time on.
It was only 4 goals against the Eagles, thats why I made sure i mentioned 6-8 goals :D

That game against Sturt in Round 23 last year sort of kept me going for the second half on Saturday, even though I really couldn't see us coming back.. but I thought the same last year too.

The junk goals have been happening for a long time, and it's not just at the end of the game. We could be 5 goals up heading into half time and only end up leading by 2. It's something that doesn't seem to have been address at all, I guess Jars thinks that "any win is a good win".

Watched the Roosters last week against the Dogs and have to say they are going no where until they introduce some toughness to their game. They are downhill skiers who dont want to get their hands dirty and this was evident in last years GF and looks like nothing has changed.

Watched the Roosters last week against the Dogs and have to say they are going no where until they introduce some toughness to their game. They are downhill skiers who dont want to get their hands dirty and this was evident in last years GF and looks like nothing has changed.

Good observation Footy-ed. I have watched this side closely and even checked them out pre season in Canberra. I think they are rated a lot higher than they should be. Having skills is great but hard body ball getting players win close games

Stoked with the performance on the weekend:thumbsu:
Quality four quarters and we actually grinded a side into the ground and pulled out a huge win, great signs. :thumbsu:

Good to see big Damon in form and Younie starting to pick up after a slow start. With Ladhams still on the sidelines and Gill probably resuming in the 2's this week..we are starting to look the goods again!

Come on you utensils fire up FFS!

Must beat the Eagles to turn this season around.

6 changes this week!!!

Did i read right that Wakelin is back. That was a quick retirement.

Is Ivens injured? I thought he wasn't the worst we have had. If he has been omitted that is a pretty big call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back