Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

From The Tackle.

5. Faking handballs​

North Melbourne’s Nick Larkey got one over Hawk Tom Mitchell, faking the handball with Mitchell on the mark, which caused Mitchell to move and give away a 50m penalty. The stand rule is a good rule, but the slightest movement prompting a 50m penalty is too big of a penalty. It was smart by Larkey, instinctively wrong by Mitchell and, as an aside, raises questions about the tactic being in the spirit of the game (whatever that means). True, the player with the ball is in control, and he could do whatever he likes, but that fake handball is going to catch out far more players than Mitchell — and that just might infuriate fans.

From The Tackle.

5. Faking handballs​

North Melbourne’s Nick Larkey got one over Hawk Tom Mitchell, faking the handball with Mitchell on the mark, which caused Mitchell to move and give away a 50m penalty. The stand rule is a good rule, but the slightest movement prompting a 50m penalty is too big of a penalty. It was smart by Larkey, instinctively wrong by Mitchell and, as an aside, raises questions about the tactic being in the spirit of the game (whatever that means). True, the player with the ball is in control, and he could do whatever he likes, but that fake handball is going to catch out far more players than Mitchell — and that just might infuriate fans.

Well, the umpires must have decided they needed to apply discretion in that case, because that 50m penalty was 20-25m maximum.

Still shouldn’t have done it though. Rock was just trying to do his job as a comic.

Shouldn't have hit him, but average by Rock though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't have hit him, but average by Rock though.
It was average, but he is a comedian and has every right to say it. Smith came across extremely weak and spiteful. He did it more out of selfish pride than anything due to the snickering behind his back about his 'open marriage'.

It was average, but he is a comedian and has every right to say it. Smith came across extremely weak and spiteful. He did it more out of selfish pride than anything due to the snickering behind his back about his 'open marriage'.

Said my bit on the Media board, no love lost for Jada Pinkett Smith whom have no idea Will is still with, and 100% condemn what he did. Whole view of the incident was piss poor all round. There's some political discussion that's crossed over into which I don't understand, but respect peoples views. Happy to leave it there.

Said my bit on the Media board, no love lost for Jada Pinkett Smith whom have no idea Will is still with, and 100% condemn what he did. Whole view of the incident was piss poor all round. There's some political discussion that's crossed over into which I don't understand, but respect peoples views. Happy to leave it there.
Yea, I don’t disagree with you. Not a great situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back