Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading a book.
Nothing but " crap " on the tube.

Block this, Masterchef that, l married a pig.

Get to the library all :thumbsu: Even better. Buy it and pass it on.
Mongol on SBS.

Excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm listening to Ry Cooder on the headphones and being on BF while waiting for my favourite show to come on at 8.30 - The Night Of - on Showcase.

Oh and I'm watching the one dayer on 502 with the sound off. SRI are 66-2. Zampa's bowling ok.

Multi-tasking!

Which Ry Cooder album Mr R I'm a big fan.

Which Ry Cooder album Mr R I'm a big fan.

I've only got a couple, mate. Bop til you Drop and River Rescue. Not sure where I first heard of him. His work on the Paris, Texas soundtrack was pretty amazing and I've always loved songs like The Tattler and Little Sister. The guy is a perfectionist and the sound quality and the quality of the backing band is always so high. And he played in Clapton's band for a while too.

His music hasn't been on my mind for years and then Joe Bonamassa put this track on his website and described him as a "genius". Joe wishes he could play slide guitar like Ry Cooder. I was sold all over again.

Recommend a couple of your favourite albums and I'll check 'em out.

Finally got the kids to be last night and watched the get down on netflix. Very good, I usually don't like Baz Lurhmann's projects but this is top notch

Apparently this is the golden age of Television.

BULL-F***IN'-SH!T!!!!

20+ channels and nothing worth watching, so I put on a DVD:

THE LAST KINGDOM

Now that was brilliant Television. And no adds. Even better.

I've only got a couple, mate. Bop til you Drop and River Rescue. Not sure where I first heard of him. His work on the Paris, Texas soundtrack was pretty amazing and I've always loved songs like The Tattler and Little Sister. The guy is a perfectionist and the sound quality and the quality of the backing band is always so high. And he played in Clapton's band for a while too.

His music hasn't been on my mind for years and then Joe Bonamassa put this track on his website and described him as a "genius". Joe wishes he could play slide guitar like Ry Cooder. I was sold all over again.

Recommend a couple of your favourite albums and I'll check 'em out.

Well of course "Boomer's Story" has to be one! Also "Into the Purple Valley" is great. They're earlier albums because I just love his mandolin work. Does a killer version of "All Shook Up" on his "Get Rhythm" album with some blistering slide guitar. Really,to me, he can do no wrong.

Apparently this is the golden age of Television.

BULL-F***IN'-SH!T!!!!

20+ channels and nothing worth watching, so I put on a DVD:

THE LAST KINGDOM

Now that was brilliant Television. And no adds. Even better.
The Saxon show?

It's a good watch, so is Vikings, if you are into that kind of show.

The Saxon show?

It's a good watch, so is Vikings, if you are into that kind of show.

I've tried to watch Vikings, but couldn't get into it. Not sure why, just didn't enjoy anywhere near as much as The Last Kingdom.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back