Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Good grief...I struggled getting thru the first Episode with WW.

If you think that's spun out you should read about Ronald Stark.

Sometimes you could compare some of what happened behind the scenes in the US post WW2 to a Phillip K Dick story and the fiction turns out to be less convoluted, less ****ed up and easier to follow.

And significantly less insane.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good grief...I struggled getting thru the first Episode with WW.

The first episode felt very stagey and hammed-up with the moody interview style and re-enactments. Im not sure whether this reduced a bit as the series wore on, or whether i simply noticed it less as the plot thickened. This became very more-ish by the third or fourth episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
I know

Time is thè probkrn.

But I am idiots
I think kind of depends when you watch them.

I watched the Wire about 4-5 yeas ago. It was pretty good but IMO is not in my top 10...probably not even 20. But if I watched it back then maybe I would have a different perception or view.

Like people raved on about Gladiator. I watched that a few years back. I was kinda meh. Decent but didnt see all the fuss.

I am hard to please though so I'd like to put that disclaimer out there heh

Absolutely.

I did end up picking up "Get Out", as well as a few other bargains, from JB today.

Now it will likely sit in the "still have to watch that" pile while live sport dominates my viewing time.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
Finally just watched 'Get out' the movie from last year.

Ended up watching it from behind the couch.
Will have to check it out. Though most thrillers these days make me go 'meh'. Or they have some stupid thing about them to try and be different or something.

Just keep to the basics and I will be happy. Like slaughtering a family, or a weird serial killer etc etc. Some of them try so hard with some stupid thing.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I think kind of depends when you watch them.

I watched the Wire about 4-5 yeas ago. It was pretty good but IMO is not in my top 10...probably not even 20. But if I watched it back then maybe I would have a different perception or view.

Like people raved on about Gladiator. I watched that a few years back. I was kinda meh. Decent but didnt see all the fuss.

I am hard to please though so I'd like to put that disclaimer out there heh

Your an idiot as well.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Will have to check it out. Though most thrillers these days make me go 'meh'. Or they have some stupid thing about them to try and be different or something.

Just keep to the basics and I will be happy. Like slaughtering a family, or a weird serial killer etc etc. Some of them try so hard with some stupid thing.

It is basics.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back