Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh crap. The media and entertainment thread. My mistake.
Haha. Don't tell Toes but I secretly enjoy it when things go a bit off the rails, despite the judicious use of CAPITALS in thread titles.

Anyone who likes history podcasts like Carlin’s Hardcore History or Bolelli’s History On Fire needs to get onto Martyr Made by Darryl Cooper. It’s been around for a while (Started in 2015) so maybe you guys are already onto it, but man is it good. Coopers 6 part series, Fear & Loathing in New Jerusalem is a must listen for anyone who wants to know a bit of history behind the conflict in Palestine.

Anyone who likes history podcasts like Carlin’s Hardcore History or Bolelli’s History On Fire needs to get onto Martyr Made by Darryl Cooper. It’s been around for a while (Started in 2015) so maybe you guys are already onto it, but man is it good. Coopers 6 part series, Fear & Loathing in New Jerusalem is a must listen for anyone who wants to know a bit of history behind the conflict in Palestine.
Dan Carlin’s work is brilliant. His First World War stuff was particularly brilliant.

Dan Carlin’s work is brilliant. His First World War stuff was particularly brilliant.

Yeah the way he described the German army (albeit quoting journalists on the spot) marching on Belgium was incredible. Carlin is the GOAT when it comes to pods.

The first ever podcast I listened to was the Prophets of Doom. Incredible story.

I’m not sure I’ve heard a bad one. King of kings, Wrath of the Khans, Blueprint for Armageddon.

Have you given History on Fire a go? Bolellis accent takes a bit to get used to but once you get past that his pods are fantastic. My favourites are The War For The Black Hills (Crazy Horse), Caravaggio, and the Jack Johnson story.

Honestly Martyr Made is just as good. The host emphasises on emotion more then Bolelli so U can’t help but be drawn in. In consequence I find myself sympathetic to both sides, which I think is the purpose.

Yeah the way he described the German army (albeit quoting journalists on the spot) marching on Belgium was incredible. Carlin is the GOAT when it comes to pods.

The first ever podcast I listened to was the Prophets of Doom. Incredible story.

I’m not sure I’ve heard a bad one. King of kings, Wrath of the Khans, Blueprint for Armageddon.

Have you given History on Fire a go? Bolellis accent takes a bit to get used to but once you get past that his pods are fantastic. My favourites are The War For The Black Hills (Crazy Horse), Caravaggio, and the Jack Johnson story.

Honestly Martyr Made is just as good. The host emphasises on emotion more then Bolelli so U can’t help but be drawn in. In consequence I find myself sympathetic to both sides, which I think is the purpose.
I don’t fully agree about his points about the Wehrmacht not being able to take a punch, but the way he described both perspectives and the Imperial German Army in 1914 being one of the best to have ever existed was brilliant, even for this historian. Dan Carlin’s work on the Persian Empire was astonishing, especially his use of sources as he isn’t a historian.

I haven’t, I’ll try and give it a go.

Back on point, lol Jabba the Hutch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t fully agree about his points about the Wehrmacht not being able to take a punch, but the way he described both perspectives and the Imperial German Army in 1914 being one of the best to have ever existed was brilliant, even for this historian. Dan Carlin’s work on the Persian Empire was astonishing, especially his use of sources as he isn’t a historian.

I haven’t, I’ll try and give it a go.

Back on point, lol Jabba the Hutch.

I love history podcasts. There’s some out there that are produced by historians, History on Fire is one. Mike Duncan has a few, Brad Harris has a really interesting one called ‘How it Began’

Calins podcast Hardcore History Addendum is quite good. I reckon you’d like the episode where he compares the Imperial German Army Vs the Nazis. Also the episode where he interviews former four star general Merrill McPeak.

I work on my own a lot so rather then letting sen do my head in I turned to podcasts.

Reboot of Lost in Space on Netflix this weekend.

Hope it doesnt disappoint.

Others of note....

Westworld/Handmaids Tale... S02 two weeks away
Excellent shows that make the audience pay attention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back