Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to whoever recommended "Sunderland til I Die" (GarnerSmash ?)
Watched the first 4 episodes last night and I'm hooked :thumbsu:

It’s incredibly sad but at the same time, they dug some big holes themselves with transfers, the Geordies have had it bad with both Newcastle and Sunderland being as awful as they have been

Only seen the first season but kinda knew the story, it’s really good

The story of Benjamin Smoke and Cabbage Town.

It's 73 minutes long, but if you have an appreciation for good independent film making and the story of a seriously underappreciated musical artist, then I recommend you watch it.

The Irishman : DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Cannavale, directed by Scorcese, very good, but 3 1/2+ hours running time a bit of a stretch. 7.5/10
Yes it is a bit long but it's on Netflix, you watch it at home, so you can have a few breaks to refill the glass and have a slash.
I'll give it a 9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Irishman : DeNiro, Pacino, Pesci, Cannavale, directed by Scorcese, very good, but 3 1/2+ hours running time a bit of a stretch. 7.5/10

Long Winded, just found it so hard to stay engaged for that long! There is however some decent twists and turns in there.

Watched Child 44 on Netflix the other night, pretty good movie. Tom Hardy the main actor. Give it an 7.5/10.

Sunderland 'Til I Die on Netflix is well worth a look.

It’s really good and gives a good insight into how clubs really work, finished season 2, don’t have love for Sunderland but maybe have a bit more sympathy for them after it

Stumbled across " Alone " survivor type thing in the wilds of Patagonia. SBS on demand.

Anyone remember a story about some French or Belgian chap living in alone in the Tasmanian wilderness for years ? Pops into town occasionally for a beer and then disappears again ?

For anyone running out of idiot box entertainment ideas.. I know it was a tough two decades for us, but on youtube there's two hours, from the lean years, of winning highlights to get pissed to enjoy for any north fan that are guaranteed to brighten your day. Many are hosted by the NMFC channel as well which i guess the viewing of which supports the club somehow. (RIP Giantroo's magnificent contribution)

A particular favourite of mine..

I have a few lined up that I haven't gotten around to watching yet.

Normal (2003): I am a big Tom Wilkinson fan.
Orphans and Angels (2003)
After (2006)
The Nightmare (2015)
Border (2018): From the director of the outstanding "Let The Right One In"

After (2006) = rubbish

RIP Tim Brooke-Taylor.

Growing up in the 70s, there was no bigger TV show than The Goodies.

I haven't been this upset about the death of someone from a childhood TV show on the ABC since this guy shuffled off the old mortal coil.....

tenor.gif

Stumbled across " Alone " survivor type thing in the wilds of Patagonia. SBS on demand.

That'd be Season 3, Hoj. Think they're up to Season 6 now.

Not a bad show if you enjoy watching people slowly starve and lose their minds.

I haven't been this upset about the death of someone from a childhood TV show on the ABC since this guy shuffled off the old mortal coil.....

tenor.gif

That'd be Season 3, Hoj. Think they're up to Season 6 now.

Not a bad show if you enjoy watching people slowly starve and lose their minds.

Ah Kenny. Nothing outta bounds with him.

Bit disappointed with a couple of people who wimped out early after talking themselves up. One bloke missed his wife after 3 days. What did he think was going to happen ? Delist.

None of them beat " Agafia " 😉👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Back