Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

The story of Benjamin Smoke and Cabbage Town.

It's 73 minutes long, but if you have an appreciation for good independent film making and the story of a seriously underappreciated musical artist, then I recommend you watch it.

You're recommending something by a liberal arts graduate?

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

You are such a fraud.

Is someone limited in their knowledge going to be able to follow this show OP?

Arguably Its probably better if you don't have much of an insight into Football as it deals more with the inner workings of a club, explains how they go about bringing a club back into profits (making it sound like a show for accountants but a lot of human element, parallels with AFL cubs) for more seasoned fans it may bring up bad memories

Hey ferball reckon this is right up your ally

Tom O’Neill is an award-winning investigative journalist and entertainment reporter whose work has appeared in national publications such as Us, Premiere, New York, The Village Voice and Details. His book, was published by Little, Brown in the summer of 2019.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the round ball fans - still the best finish to the PL season I've ever seen.

Still not as good as when the Gunners went to Anfield on the last day of the 1989 season.

Well, at least Liverpool are looking good to get some silverware this year. Oh, wait a minute (naughty language alert) ...

Hey ferball reckon this is right up your ally

Tom O’Neill is an award-winning investigative journalist and entertainment reporter whose work has appeared in national publications such as Us, Premiere, New York, The Village Voice and Details. His book, was published by Little, Brown in the summer of 2019.

Cheers.

I'm aware of that book but haven't read it yet. By all accounts its well researched and put together. And a bit of a rabbit hole.

But 3 hours....

My Katanaboy 500 came in the post today and I'm about to begin a major deforestation campaign so I'm not gonna have a lot of time but I'll definitely give it a go.

Charles Manson is a fascinating character, I'll have to listen at some point. A lot of weird s**t was going on back then. Apparently he pulls a lot of stuff together. What did you think of his stuff?

Cheers.

I'm aware of that book but haven't read it yet. By all accounts its well researched and put together. And a bit of a rabbit hole.

But 3 hours....

My Katanaboy 500 came in the post today and I'm about to begin a major deforestation campaign so I'm not gonna have a lot of time but I'll definitely give it a go.

Charles Manson is a fascinating character, I'll have to listen at some point. A lot of weird s**t was going on back then. Apparently he pulls a lot of stuff together. What did you think of his stuff?

20 year investigation. You could write a book about him writing the book. Fascinating to say the least

He also goes deep into the MK Ultra stuff, the connection with Jack Ruby. Shits crazy. It’s all from official documents too. Bonkers. CIA were into some dark s**t

He also goes deep into the MK Ultra stuff, the connection with Jack Ruby. Shits crazy. It’s all from official documents too. Bonkers. CIA were into some dark s**t

Its bloody hot here so I'm gonna have a choof and listen to this instead of doing some work.

All of that is full on. It actually happened. Possibly stuff that's a lot darker happened as well and there are even potential links to ole mate who didn't kill himself last year. It's a rabbit hole and no wonder people who get into it go a bit mental.

The show Wormwood, referenced up thread, was made by someone who was originally gonna do a series of docos based on O'Neill's work. He ended up doing Wormwood instead, which some people describe as a limited hang out. Others might say its balanced and minimises speculation. Dunno myself. I haven't seen it.

There was another book about Frank Olsen, the subject of Wormwood, called A Terrible Mistake. Flat out claims Olsen was murdered.

Its bloody hot here so I'm gonna have a choof and listen to this instead of doing some work.

All of that is full on. It actually happened. Possibly stuff that's a lot darker happened as well and there are even potential links to ole mate who didn't kill himself last year. It's a rabbit hole and no wonder people who get into it go a bit mental.

The show Wormwood, referenced up thread, was made by someone who was originally gonna do a series of docos based on O'Neill's work. He ended up doing Wormwood instead, which some people describe as a limited hang out. Others might say its balanced and minimises speculation. Dunno myself. I haven't seen it.

There was another book about Frank Olsen, the subject of Wormwood, called A Terrible Mistake. Flat out claims Olsen was murdered.

Tim is very careful not to go into anything he can’t prove. Have you got earphones? Just chuck earphones in and listen. Reckon the audiobook would be worth ago.

Is that the one where Lewis sniped Goldy and Hodge hit Swallow?

What a great night.

Watching our players getting sniped but Brad neutering them before they could respond.

Then thumped on-field.

Concluded by Brad going down on Luke Hodge in the post-match.

What's not to like?

Tim is very careful not to go into anything he can’t prove. Have you got earphones? Just chuck earphones in and listen. Reckon the audiobook would be worth ago.

They even name a kaos agent. (53:55)

Not even Siegfried?

Its good so far.

I've come across a lot of this over the years, possibly via this guy or people he has talked to. Some of its new tho.

What a great night.

Watching our players getting sniped but Brad neutering them before they could respond.

Then thumped on-field.

Concluded by Brad going down on Luke Hodge in the post-match.

What's not to like?

The BigFooty overlords need add a vomit emoji as part of the like options...

Was a shocker. Lewis taking Goldy out changed the game. I copped a bit from Hawks supporters standing around me because I was pretty vocal about them being a bunch of dirty sniping pricks. Had my head on that night

The BigFooty overlords need add a vomit emoji as part of the like options...

Was a shocker. Lewis taking Goldy out changed the game. I copped a bit from Hawks supporters standing around me because I was pretty vocal about them being a bunch of dirty sniping pricks. Had my head on that night

There is a special place in the annals of humiliation when you're beaten up by a dirtier team attempting to drag you down AND also lose the actual game.

Usually you prevail in one of those areas but we achieved the rare accomplishment of being bullied as if we were favourites then smashed on the scoreboard as if we were the underdog. Nice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back