Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s huge raps. Not sure if I see him in that light tbh...though he does like to trip a lot.

Thompson wasn't The Legend he is now back in his day.

He’d probably break both Halls arms and leave him lying on the ground tbh. Rogan might be small but he’s competed at a high level in Taekwondo, kickboxing and has a black belt in BJJ...both with gi and no-gi. Dudes a killer

Any of that would give away a free kick... Hunter has big boots to fill.

Has anyone watched Power? I’ve watched the first 2 seasons and it’s pretty much a love drama disguised as a gangster show...the gangster part of the show is good but the extended sex scenes and romance plots are a bit much.

Anyone know if it gets better?

ZeroZeroZero is worth enduring the clusterf*** that is SBS On Demand. Based on a book by Roberto Saviano.
Looks good, will check out.

If you can get hold of it, Romanzo Criminale (the series in preference to the movie) is also great on a similar topic - the rise of La Banda della Magliana through the gang wars and the drug trade in Rome in the '70s (gli anni di piombo). I don't think we found a subtitled version when we watched it, but it looks like they should be available now.

Finally started watching Rome. It’s been hyped by many historians. For a while I thought they were referring to the one on Netflix, which is okayish but left me wondering what the fuss is about. Now that I’ve found the series they’re referring to, I get it, it’s fantastic.

Finally started watching Rome. It’s been hyped by many historians. For a while I thought they were referring to the one on Netflix, which is okayish but left me wondering what the fuss is about. Now that I’ve found the series they’re referring to, I get it, it’s fantastic.

So what version is it?

Just finished a couple of seasons of The Oath, about criminal cop gangs, not too bad, I reckon the lead actor (Ryan Kwanten) has a bit of the Patrick Dangerfields about him.

View attachment 888564

Has Danger been to Summer Bay? I can just seen him consistently topless in Kwanten's old role of Vinnie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished a couple of seasons of The Oath, about criminal cop gangs, not too bad, I reckon the lead actor (Ryan Kwanten) has a bit of the Patrick Dangerfields about him.

View attachment 888564

Might give it a whirl. Struggling for content at the moment. Been watch Queen of the South...which is ok, but after watching Narcos it’s kind of like watching a run of the mill comedian following Chappelle.

Because of Matt & Rhiannon? Same. Only watched the first 3 because I don’t want to get too far ahead of the pod. Pretty good so far. I like that the POV characters are plebeian soldiers rather than the usual elites.

Also worked through Hodgman's I, Clavdivs watchalong during lockdown. Good fun.

Because of Matt & Rhiannon? Same. Only watched the first 3 because I don’t want to get too far ahead of the pod. Pretty good so far. I like that the POV characters are plebeian soldiers rather than the usual elites.

Also worked through Hodgman's I, Clavdivs watchalong during lockdown. Good fun.

Hold up.. I’ve fallen out of touch (been listening to a lot of comedians social commentary podcasts lately) is The Emperors of Rome podcast doing a pod to go with the series?!

To answer your question, it’s Bolelli that convinced me I need to watch it. Duncan is a a fan of it too

Hold up.. I’ve fallen out of touch (been listening to a lot of comedians social commentary podcasts lately) is The Emperors of Rome podcast doing a pod to go with the series?!

To answer your question, it’s Bolelli that convinced me I need to watch it. Duncan is a a fan of it too
Yep, irregular schedule and they’re only up to episode 2. The two central characters Vorenus and Pullo are (their names at least) drawn from book 5 of Caesar's De Bello Gallico.

"Raising Standards" is the pod. There’s an announcement and teaser episode in the Emperors of Rome feed.

Yep, irregular schedule and they’re only up to episode 2. The two central characters Vorenus and Pullo are (their names at least) drawn from book 5 of Caesar's De Bello Gallico.

"Raising Standards" is the pod. There’s an announcement and teaser episode in the Emperors of Rome feed.

Noice. I’m up to episode 4. I’ll give it a listen and watch in step with them from here on.

What "Rome" on Netflix?

Chernobyl is frighteningly good.

The Wire has been on my hit list for a while and getting through the first season :thumbsu::fire:

Chernobyl is frighteningly good.

The Wire has been on my hit list for a while and getting through the first season :thumbsu::fire:
Envy that you are watching it for the first time.

There is a scene in the final episode that is brilliant. One of the best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back