Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Sopranos was my all time fav. Have watched it through three times. Read all the info on that final scene.

Recently watched the prequel which was good. Especially the ending when the theme kicks in.

But it was toppled off the top of my most favourite list.

Gomorrah. Highly recommend.

I haven’t watched the prequel ‘many Saints of Newark’ so can you help me out (I’m definitely going to watch it). I’m listening to Tim Dillon talk about it on his podcast, he keeps going on about young Tony being gay. Is that true? It’s always hard to know with Tim because he does satire/dark comedy but there’s usually a sprinkle of truth. Either way it’s making me laugh because of how over the top Tim is, but Im curious if he just made it up based on some random scene or if it’s what the movie is about? Cheers

Ganglands is ok. It sort of tries to saddle upper crust mafia type crime family with a street level mentality up against an elite paramilitary group. Tbh i wonder sometimes if I get caught up in reading the subs and don’t pay enough attention to the acting.

You should have watched it with the English dubbing.

I haven’t watched the prequel ‘many Saints of Newark’ so can you help me out (I’m definitely going to watch it). I’m listening to Tim Dillon talk about it on his podcast, he keeps going on about young Tony being gay. Is that true? It’s always hard to know with Tim because he does satire/dark comedy but there’s usually a sprinkle of truth. Either way it’s making me laugh because of how over the top Tim is, but Im curious if he just made it up based on some random scene or if it’s what the movie is about? Cheers

I never got/felt that angle while watching it. Young Tony (Gandolfini's actual son) is, as expected, young and nowhere near the Tony we expect.

Of course that all gets answered beautifully in the last scene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never got/felt that angle while watching it. Young Tony (Gandolfini's actual son) is, as expected, young and nowhere near the Tony we expect.

Of course that all gets answered beautifully in the last scene.

Should’ve known it was just Tim ******* around saying he was getting pounded by some dude. There must’ve been some ridiculous article written about young Tony trying to figure out his sexuality or something and Tim just went to town. Was very funny of course. If you’re not a fan of Tim Dillon you probably have no idea what I’m on about. But Jeezuz he’s funny. The prick got me. Usually I’m ahead of his stuff but this one threw me. Well played 👏🏼

I'm not surprised Tim Dillon thinks that because he's a ******* moron. Young Tony is depicted as a caring and sensitive kid, over the course of the movie we see his strained relationship with his mother, and the way he looks up to the mob guys in his life and internalises their behaviour as a masculine ideal. It's perfectly in line with the character we know in The Sopranos, a guy who on some level cares for others but has had all of his worst tendencies encouraged and rewarded, so he ends up giving himself permission to do awful things. And I have to say, beautiful subtle performance by Michael Gandolfini. Unfortunately, the movie's not really about that, and we don't see that much of this storyline.

I'm not surprised Tim Dillon thinks that because he's a ******* moron. Young Tony is depicted as a caring and sensitive kid, over the course of the movie we see his strained relationship with his mother, and the way he looks up to the mob guys in his life and internalises their behaviour as a masculine ideal. It's perfectly in line with the character we know in The Sopranos, a guy who on some level cares for others but has had all of his worst tendencies encouraged and rewarded, so he ends up giving himself permission to do awful things. And I have to say, beautiful subtle performance by Michael Gandolfini. Unfortunately, the movie's not really about that, and we don't see that much of this storyline.

Wash your mouth out.

I was expecting it to have more to do with Tony and when he really started to get going. In the series they talk about how him and Jacky rob a card game ran by made guys and it was kind of how he got started.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back