Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeremy Renner’s character being one of the weaker and less popular avengers probably doesn’t help. The MCU is suffering from a bit of fatigue atm.
Agree Hawks is one of the weaker guys.
Its the right type of character to run a tv show off though, especially with the rhonin content available and black widow passing away.
happy to see where the story goes.

Just working my way through the 2nd season of 'Ted Lasso'.

No matter what you think of the series, Roy Keane... I mean that kent Roy Keane... Oops, that should be Roy Kent is turning into one of the best fn characters on any fn show any fn where.

And a few of our so-called AFL experts can learn a thing or two about his Sky Sports pundit work: "He's a 17 year old kid... How do I know what he's thinking?"

Last edited:

Just working my way through the 2nd season of 'Ted Lasso'.

No matter what you think of the series, Roy Keane... I mean that kent Roy Keane... Oops, that should be Roy Kent is turning into one of the best fn characters on any fn show any fn where.

Ah look, they went a different way with this season
Preferred the first but it’s not bad, will be interesting with the final season though, wrapping some story arcs up

So just saw Dune.

Do yourselves a favour and go watch it at a cinema. Its probably the most amazingly designed and presented piece if cinema i have ever seen. It is spectacularly stunning. Denis Villeneuve is an absolute master and the sound design with soundtrack by Hans Zimmer accompanying it is ******* brilliant.

Timothee Chalamet and Rebecca Ferguson are excellent.

Will go again in the next week or so.

So just saw Dune.

Do yourselves a favour and go watch it at a cinema. Its probably the most amazingly designed and presented piece if cinema i have ever seen. It is spectacularly stunning. Denis Villeneuve is an absolute master and the sound design with soundtrack by Hans Zimmer accompanying it is ******* brilliant.

The sardaukar and House Harkonnen were amazing to watch. The former were very imposing and true to their novel origins, especially the throat chanting.

So just saw Dune.

As good as the original?

The sardaukar and House Harkonnen were amazing to watch. The former were very imposing and true to their novel origins, especially the throat chanting.
I haven't read the books nor seen the David Lynch version, but i get the sense that there was a lot of attention to the detail within the book. Turns out Villeneuve is a huge fan of the books, so no surprise there. Loved the distinct cultural qualities across the peoples in the film and man it looked amazing. The Saradukar were sensational.

Aint seen it but I highly doubt the original could be anywhere as near as good as this. It looks ******* amazing. Its very rare that you a movie set on other planets makes you believe you are there.
I was being facetious, but not aimed at you. I will pass on your recommendation to my son and his mates who have not seen it yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven't read the books nor seen the David Lynch version, but i get the sense that there was a lot of attention to the detail within the book. Turns out Villeneuve is a huge fan of the books, so no surprise there. Loved the distinct cultural qualities across the peoples in the film and man it looked amazing. The Saradukar were sensational.

Read the first 6 original books 👍

So just saw Dune.

I thought Craig Hutchison did a good job as the main villain too.

Man In The Arena (ESPN/Kayo) is well worth a look. It's a 10 part series documenting each of Tom Brady's 10 Superbowl appearances. You don't need to be an NFL fan to enjoy it as most of the themes are universal. Love him or hate him, Brady is a freak.

And for something completely different, The Curse of Von Dutch (Amazon Prime) is quite interesting.

It’s a surprisingly good show. I wasn’t expecting much but someone on here recommended giving it a go. I binged the thing.
It appealed to old and new fans and hit that space western feel that the originals had.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back