Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Context... that's unreal.

I really want to listen to carlin's stuff simply on the basis of you recommending it but I just don't have that sort of time.

I spend a lot of time alone working doing manual labour. I used to listen to music but changed to podcasts a few years ago. I’ve probably learned more in the last few years because of that but I do miss the banter of construction sites.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hope he and Roos junior make it to the finale and lose
Nah come on mate! He gave footy his best shot, but I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall.
He would probably have been in Tom McKenzies shoes tonight anyway - may as well get a free trip around the world and half a crack at some big dollars while you can...

Nah come on mate! He gave footy his best shot, but I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall.
He would probably have been in Tom McKenzies shoes tonight anyway - may as well get a free trip around the world and half a crack at some big dollars while you can...
I’m not going to derail the conversation but my gripe sits with the fact he would have had to send in an audition tape and then gone through two rounds of interviews with producers.
If he gave it his all then when exactly did he switch off North and switch on to this stuff? Again I only care about winning games and yeh it’s a rookie spot but players like Zurharr and even Majak and Swallow in the past have forged long careers from being rookies.
Look at what Papleys worth today.

It’s a wasted opportunity and yes he’s not good enough but give it your all. There are kids who would kill for one shot.

The more think about it the more I blame the club for its shithouse recruitment.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’m not going to derail the conversation but my gripe sits with the fact he would have had to send in an audition tape and then gone through two rounds of interviews with producers.
If he gave it his all then when exactly did he switch off North and switch on to this stuff? Again I only care about winning games and yeh it’s a rookie spot but players like Zurharr and even Majak and Swallow in the past have forged long careers from being rookies.
Look at what Papleys worth today.

It’s a wasted opportunity and yes he’s not good enough but give it your all. There are kids who would kill for one shot.

The more think about it the more I blame the club for its shithouse recruitment.
You're barracking for the nuns aren't you tazaa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
So I ended my 7 year protest and watched the original Jack Reacher movie last night. I got over the bit where he isn't 6'5" and... I actually liked it. Stayed pretty close to the book and was generally true to his character. I might even try the sequel soon.

So I ended my 7 year protest and watched the original Jack Reacher movie last night. I got over the bit where he isn't 6'5" and... I actually liked it. Stayed pretty close to the book and was generally true to his character. I might even try the sequel soon.
Or blond.

Like most of these franchises, the first movie is the best. However, from a purely light entertainment perspective, they're all very watchable.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone

Did he go on and on about Lachie Hansen?

Groin guru

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 21, 2017
Destination Club
AFL Club
North Melbourne
RIP.

I haven't tried the series yet...I'm too scared.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Or blond.

Like most of these franchises, the first movie is the best. However, from a purely light entertainment perspective, they're all very watchable.
One part that was cool in the movie was when he stood among the people waiting for the bus. But it pissed me off because Reacher could never do that! It was almost like a middle finger to the fans of the books!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back