Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Confession Killer.

It stops being about a serial killer and moves into obstruction of justice very quickly. It was interesting but sad. typical of American politicians / Government taking advantage of a situation for personal profit no matter the cost.

Just watched a doco on Netflix, Don’t fu** with Cats. A bunch of nerds stalk a bloke who murders a couple of kittens and puts it on YouTube. s**t spirals out of control really quickly when the guy starts taunting them with new vids and raises the stakes. The killer is an absolute freak. Really good tv. Worth the watch.

Just watched Don't * with cats.

The whole thing is freaky s**t. Not only the killer but the internet detective stuff.

Lonely people with too much time on their hands, becoming obsessed with playing internet cops. They came across almost as narcissistic as the killer. It looked like they loved the attention they were getting from this doco.

They become pawns in this freaks sick, ****ed up game and may have even spurred him on further by their pursuit.

Lonely people with too much time on their hands, becoming obsessed with playing internet cops. They came across almost as narcissistic as the killer. It looked like they loved the attention they were getting from this doco.

They become pawns in this freaks sick, f’ed up game and may have even spurred him on further by their pursuit.

Ironic.

Yeah, I get the irony.

The group in the doco were obviously obsessed and not your normal social media loving, regular punters

After watching it, my thoughts came to this place and the motives for people to post here.

I could definitely slot certain posters from here straight into that series. There are some here that enjoy getting their egos and sense of self worth validated way too much by playing the internet tough guy, intenet know it all or the internet clown etc.

Ironic post.

Here's how it really goes down, champ.

I talk about topics, some of which you (and your types) find confronting.
You (and your types) talk about me, in order to ad hominem the topic out of existence, and get threads shut down.

The washup of all this is that you (and your types) are basically little more than children.

BTW, if people around here think that I am some "internet" tough guy, then all anyone ever has to do is tap me on the shoulder in order to find out if that is really the truth, but so far no one has ever done that, even though many appear to believe that they know me.

Yeah, I get the irony.

The group in the doco were obviously obsessed and not your normal social media loving, regular punters

After watching it, my thoughts came to this place and the motives for people to post here.

I could definitely slot certain posters from here straight into that series. There are some here that enjoy getting their egos and sense of self worth validated way too much by playing the internet tough guy, intenet know it all or the internet clown etc.

I made this thread to see what floats our boat as a small group of posters as opposed to the main Media and Entertainment Board that gets unwieldy and if you read the OP see that I didn’t expect much traction at all.

Like yourself, we have one movie complex here that plays only Block Busters so I get some great tips on wat others are watching and recommending on the Tv and via the interwebz

Here's how it really goes down, champ.

I talk about topics, some of which you (and your types) find confronting.
You (and your types) talk about me, in order to ad hominem the topic out of existence, and get threads shut down.

The washup of all this is that you (and your types) are basically little more than children.

BTW, if people around here think that I am some "internet" tough guy, then all anyone ever has to do is tap me on the shoulder in order to find out if that is really the truth, but so far no one has ever done that, even though many appear to believe that they know me.

Touchy much?

Was talking in generalisations about personas after watching a doco dealing with that. If you took that to mean yourself then that your problem.

Anyway, enough derailing. Don't * with cats is well worth watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made this thread to see what floats our boat as a small group of posters as opposed to the main Media and Entertainment Board that gets unwieldy and if you read the OP see that I didn’t expect much traction at all.

Like yourself, we have one movie complex here that plays only Block Busters so I get some great tips on wat others are watching and recommending on the Tv and via the interwebz

I'm a not a big movie watcher so I tend to get good recommendations for Netflix series from here.

I'm a not a big movie watcher so I tend to get good recommendations for Netflix series from here.

The only time I get to watch movies is this time of the year and I try to catch the likely Best Pic noms.

I need to watch that Tarantino Hollywood one.

Feeling a little seedy, today maybe the day

Yeh one scene I did not see coming; horrific.

I did read there was talk of a sequel

It's a disgrace that Collette did not get an Academy award nomination.

I figure it's to do with genre and the politicization of the contemporary awards.

Just finished watching the 2nd season of the show that houses Snake's avatar. That's 'Mr. Inbetween', of course.

I cannot recommend it enough. Right up there with the best Aussie shows of not just this year, but the decade imo.

It's a disgrace that Collette did not get an Academy award nomination.

I figure it's to do with genre and the politicization of the contemporary awards.

No sequel but this is kind of

One of IndieWire’s most anticipated films of the summer movie season is “Midsommar,” Ari Aster’s follow-up to his breakout horror debut “Hereditary.” Aster’s quick return to the horror genre has led many fans to wonder if the two movies will share something of a connection. Aster has kept “Midsommar” under as much secrecy as possible outside of A24’s two trailers, but in a recent interview with Fandango he let it slip that “Midsommar” is a surprise companion to “Hereditary.” However, the connection is not found in the plot.

Just finished watching the 2nd season of the show that houses Snake's avatar. That's 'Mr. Inbetween', of course.

I cannot recommend it enough. Right up there with the best Aussie shows of not just this year, but the decade imo.

I am a huge fan of the embryonic 2005 movie for this series, "The Magician", and was surprised to find out that many of the new viewers of this series were not aware of that movie.

Midsomar is messed up. Took me three nights to watch it all the way through.

Herediatry is very good at being an unsettling horror movie. Its hardly a masterpiece of cinema. Toni Collette has played a tortured mother on edge of breakdown multiple times. Its a good casting not necessarily worthy of an Oscar nom.

Snake railroads another thread. Congrats dude. It was a good convo til you got here and started talkimg about yourself. 👍

I am a huge fan of the embryonic 2005 movie for this series, "The Magician", and was surprised to find out that many of the new viewers of this series were not aware of that movie.

Good movie, worth watching for the Wayne Carey monologue alone.

Very similar in concept to this:

Hereditary didn't come out this year, but it's the best movie I have seen this year.

I haven't seen it but from what I've heard its actually an intelligent well structured movie that ... makes logical sense (for lack of a better term,)... if you are into that sort of thing. Change some details and its almost an instruction manual according to some people.

I don't really watch movies but had an in depth discussion about it with someone when it came out cos I'm in to some of the topics it explores and have always meant to watch it.

The Expanse is a quality sci-fi series. Highly recommend.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back