Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

So apparently a small Aussie indie film predicted all this Coronavirus stuff 4 years ago.

The movie is on this Friday at 7:30 on 10 Peach if anyone is interested.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Best series I have watched for a while, although he looked very familiar, took me 2 ep's before I realised Sean was John Shelby from Peaky Blinders.

It was good. You were spot on about the violence. One of the most violent shows I’ve seen.

It was different in that usually those high level gangster shows (as in the shows about gangsters at the top of the food chain) don’t tend to have the main characters get their hands dirty.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Last Kingdom is a ripper of a show. Can’t get enough of it. It’s one of the rare shows I don’t get sick of, easily binged. There are better more complex (and more accurate historically) shows out there but I love it.

adas

All Australian
Mar 22, 2010
Port Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It was good. You were spot on about the violence. One of the most violent shows I’ve seen.

It was different in that usually those high level gangster shows (as in the shows about gangsters at the top of the food chain) don’t tend to have the main characters get their hands dirty.

Which platform is this show on??

The Last Kingdom is a ripper of a show. Can’t get enough of it. It’s one of the rare shows I don’t get sick of, easily binged. There are better more complex (and more accurate historically) shows out there but I love it.

Read the books if you haven’t, they’re awesome.

Then read all the other Bernard Cornwell historical fiction. Will take you a fair while, the man’s prolific.

Sharpe Chronicles
Warlord Chronicles (King Arthur - historical novel, no magic)
4 or 5 based in the hundred years war
Starbuck Chronicles (American Civil War)
And about 20 others...

Last edited by a moderator:
The psychologist from After life is one of the funniest characters on telle atm

He's just a little - well, ok, a lot - too over the top for mine.

I much prefer the 100 year old granny

Warning: NSFW

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's just a little - well, ok, a lot - too over the top for mine.

I much prefer the 100 year old granny

Warning: NSFW

I posted that before I watched the whole thing and yer, he does get pretty full on. When he’s at the pub😳...

Yeah the characters they interview for the paper are hilarious. Postman Pats a ripper too.

May 1, 2005
Rural and Regional Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangas, Roos, Shinboners
I’m not sure if it’s been mentioned but All or Nothing on Amazon is a good fly on the wall sports doco. Five seasons following a different NFL franchise each year. Plus there is an All Blacks, College and Man City year.
The access is very good and the sounds of the game are next level compared to AFL.

Back