Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

I recently read the new Tom Hardy flick Capone is due for release today, as a big fan, last night i re-watched him in the 2008 movie Bronson, actually enjoyed it more the 2nd time around, a superb performance by a great actor.

Have you watched it yet? I’m keen to watch it too but the reviews have been terrible...

Not yet, but when it is available, I will, I am currently plowing through 4 seasons of The Last Kingdom and 3 series of Sneaky Pete, both not too bad.

It’s available on some platforms 😉. I was going to watch it but the reviews are shocking and the previews look comical. Hopefully it’s just one of those times where the critics are just being snobs. I Really like The Last Kingdom too👍

I try to start the Last Kingdom many times but feel torn to my allegiance to Vikings

Has anyone watched both?

Why should I watch LK
Have watched all of Vikings, i am half way thru S3 of Last Kingdom, it is quite enjoyable so far, it's kind of Game of Thrones meets Vikings on a lower budget, will definitely watch all, it is still semi lockdown, and no footy yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I try to start the Last Kingdom many times but feel torn to my allegiance to Vikings

Has anyone watched both?

Why should I watch LK

It’s funny Because I was the same early on...I watch both and thought Vikings was better. Having said that I binged the latest couple of seasons The Last Kingdom but struggled a bit with the latest Vikings series.

Bit of an internet outage out in Melb's. east. apparently. Might last a coupla' days.

Someone didn't ring dial before you dig.

It’s been horrendous for cable tv. Only affecting all channels related to The Dots, SBS and 7 thankfully.

Last edited:
Capone : with Tom Hardy, any and all bad reviews of this turkey are 100% spot on, the only positive I got from watching it were that I only lost 1 and 1/2 hours of time, fell asleep for the last 10 minutes. As expected, Hardy's acting skills, portraying Capone's last days were never in doubt, but everything else was absolute dross, guaranteed box office flop, and probably a decent tax write off. Avoid unless masochistic. 1/10 (for Hardy's performance only).

Capone : with Tom Hardy, any and all bad reviews of this turkey are 100% spot on, the only positive I got from watching it were that I only lost 1 and 1/2 hours of time, fell asleep for the last 10 minutes. As expected, Hardy's acting skills, portraying Capone's last days were never in doubt, but everything else was absolute dross, guaranteed box office flop, and probably a decent tax write off. Avoid unless masochistic. 1/10 (for Hardy's performance only).

Yep the Reviews are awful

Watching John Wick 3. God damn Halle Berry is beautiful. She’s 54? She looks 30.
That movie really needed to be restructured. The first hour was nothing but stunts with no plot or stakes. It was John Wick 2.5. John Wick 3 started like an hour and twenty minutes in and then it got really good and I could care about it. I reckon the fourth should be alright though.

That movie really needed to be restructured. The first hour was nothing but stunts with no plot or stakes. It was John Wick 2.5. John Wick 3 started like an hour and twenty minutes in and then it got really good and I could care about it. I reckon the fourth should be alright though.

I know it’s supposed to be over the top but I found it hard to get past every time he didn’t have a gun neither did anyone else. Fun movie though.

In the middle of Dublin Murders (SBS on demand).
👍🏻👍🏻
Tell me what you think at the end SMat.
I can tell ya

I recall being intrigued at the previews/trailers, but totally put off by multiple reviews. "Hard to follow" and "a terrible conclusion" were the 2 things that stood out in my memory.

If I recall correctly, it's a series that tries to combine multiple books into 1 script. If so, that rarely works out well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back