Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else listening to Harcore History’s Supernova in the east? Its the 6th and final episode of the series. Fascinating. Dan Carlin’s ability to create the mental imagery is the best of any podcaster imo (closely followed by Darryl Cooper of the Martyrmade podcast). Such a thorough look into the history you won’t find.

I’m hopeful Dan does some ancient history next.

Anyone else listening to Harcore History’s Supernova in the east? Its the 6th and final episode of the series. Fascinating. Dan Carlin’s ability to create the mental imagery is the best of any podcaster imo (closely followed by Darryl Cooper of the Martyrmade podcast). Such a thorough look into the history you won’t find.

Been waiting for this.

Wrath of the Khans is probably the best podcast series ever imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never seen or heard about it.
Why should I watch this?
Bit hard to classify Gaso, based on a Marvel comic character who is the mutant son of Charles Xavier of X men fame, i guess you will either love or hate it, there is no in between, so if you are not into that genre, probably not worth the effort.

What would you compare this to mate?
Tough question, it is kind of the story of a schizophrenic mutant in a psychiatric hospital, and proceeds to follow his story where he discovers he actually has supernatural powers.

Drawing an extremely long straw, but the closest i can compare it to would be a kind of Dr Who on LSD type of thing, and strangely (to me) addictive viewing.

One of my favourite history podcasters, Darryl Cooper has the Martyrmade podcast and recently started a podcast with Jocko just blew up in popularity. Every bit as good as hardcore history. I’ve been trying to get people to listen to Martyrmade for years and he had a modest audience. Well he wrote an essay on MAGA people and he went viral. He had a couple of thousand followers when I followed him on Twitter, about 7,000 a few days ago but after going viral he now has 80k. Trump quoted him at one of his rallies recently and Tucker Carlson read it out on his show.

Really hope this is the break he needs and can produce more podcasts because hes awesome. If you haven’t listened yet and like history check it out. Not for the faint hearted though. Especially his latest episode “The anti-humans”.

Can recommend a BBC mini series called Time, only 3 episodes, but a couple of my favourite actors Sean Bean and Stephen Graham both give top class performances as a 1st time prisoner, and prison guard respectively, a solid 8.5/10.
Just watched this - brilliant (albeit grim) TV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back