Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

I started Mr Inbetween and haven't been able to get into it after watching 4 episodes, i'll try a couple more tonight.
Did you stick with it?

I quite enjoyed it. As noted by OP, nice short episodes. I watched the whole of season 3 in one sitting on Saturday night.
Definitely based on The Magician. I didn't know about the North connection though, although his brother has what seems to be a roos scarf hanging around a picture on his wall in a few episodes.
It's a Canterbury-Bankstown scarf.

I watched Time, then backed it up with The Devil All The Time and then I finally got around to The Place Beyond The Pines. The Devil All The Time in particular was a hard watch.

Think I need a nice palette cleanser after all that darkness, but for some reason I’m drawn to those type of shows.

Been watching a few series whilst I wait on feedback for my thesis.

Startup is one I’ve watched a few times and is focused on crypto. I enjoyed it for what it was.

Billions is a bit of a different show, but I enjoyed learning a bit more about stock market jargon.

Banshee is a crazy action-filled show about a conman assuming the identity of a small town sheriff. Was made just after 2010 and features the actor that plays homelander in the boys.

Atypical is a very good light comedy/drama about an autistic teen.

I have tried a few others like Berlin station, but just couldn’t get into it. I am currently doing a rewatch of the sopranos.
Banshee an oldy but goody, Lilli Simmons pretty easy on the eye :thumbsu:

Season 1 was fantastic.
Yeah it’s a pretty light watch…..can see a lot of the gags coming from a mile off. I prob find it a slight struggle as the main character played Shane in East Bound and Down and was a *ing epic character…….whereas Ted Lasso is a bit more of a softer approach. He’s more likeable. Shane was a funny a-hole.

Anyone watched Ted Lasso? That looks like a fun show

It's a decent watch - probably a good show for the times. It consistently shows the better side of it's main characters even when the worst could be expected. Feel good without lapsing into that saccharine mess that you often get. Worth watching.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking for a favour from anyone who has today's Herald Sun. Don't really want to buy the whole paper but would like to get a hold of the General Knowledge quiz from the middle page. If anyone can take a pick that captures all the questions and answers and share it I would be very grateful.

Looking for a favour from anyone who has today's Herald Sun. Don't really want to buy the whole paper but would like to get a hold of the General Knowledge quiz from the middle page. If anyone can take a pick that captures all the questions and answers and share it I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210810-140413_Herald Sun.jpg
    Screenshot_20210810-140413_Herald Sun.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 39

Remove this Banner Ad

Back