Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Succession is overrated. It’s not bad but it’s sitting at 8.7 on IMDB. Worth watching but it’s a 7 max. It’s kind of like if there was a mob show where everyone is a backstabbing cuck and afraid of violence. It’s actually frustrating to watch.
I felt the similar about Yellowstone. If you haven’t watched banshee or justified, give them a go. Fun shows.

I felt the similar about Yellowstone. If you haven’t watched banshee or justified, give them a go. Fun shows.

I don’t mind Yellowstone and Banshee was very good. I haven’t tried Justified, there’s a shitload of tv there if I get into it. Struggling for good shows at the moment. I watched a bit of American rust, it’s not bad, it’s slow but there’s some great acting that saves it a bit.

Finished off Kin on the weekend, pretty slow for a gangster show but I really liked it. Definitely left me wanting more, where as I’m kind of watching Succession hoping to get into it but I can’t stand any of the characters. I can see why people like it but it’s not for me.

I don’t mind Yellowstone and Banshee was very good. I haven’t tried Justified, there’s a shitload of tv there if I get into it. Struggling for good shows at the moment. I watched a bit of American rust, it’s not bad, it’s slow but there’s some great acting that saves it a bit.

Finished off Kin on the weekend, pretty slow for a gangster show but I really liked it. Definitely left me wanting more, where as I’m kind of watching Succession hoping to get into it but I can’t stand any of the characters. I can see why people like it but it’s not for me.
Justified has Tim Oliphant in it as a bit of a renegade US Marshall and Walton Goggins as a fun crime lord. Really fun show.

I can list a few more better shows, but you’ve probably seen most:

- The Americans (Soviet sleeper cell in the USA)
- Man in the High Castle is brilliant for the first three seasons. Very interesting alternative history Cold War dynamic.
- Sneaky Pete (Conman assumes the identity of a fellow criminal that hasn’t seen his family since childhood)
- Hell on Wheels (Building of the great US railway and has a lot interesting themes and the post Civil War setting is fascinating)
- Ozark

Succession is overrated. It’s not bad but it’s sitting at 8.7 on IMDB. Worth watching but it’s a 7 max. It’s kind of like if there was a mob show where everyone is a backstabbing cuck and afraid of violence. It’s actually frustrating to watch.
Stick with it, it really hits its straps in season 2.

Justified has Tim Oliphant in it as a bit of a renegade US Marshall and Walton Goggins as a fun crime lord. Really fun show.

I can list a few more better shows, but you’ve probably seen most:

- The Americans (Soviet sleeper cell in the USA)
- Man in the High Castle is brilliant for the first three seasons. Very interesting alternative history Cold War dynamic.
- Sneaky Pete (Conman assumes the identity of a fellow criminal that hasn’t seen his family since childhood)
- Hell on Wheels (Building of the great US railway and has a lot interesting themes and the post Civil War setting is fascinating)
- Ozark
Justified is awesome!

Stick with it, it really hits its straps in season 2.

I think I will. Mainly because there’s not much else left to watch, too many late nights binging tv hasn’t left me with much.

Watched a bit of Theo Vons special last night. It was ok, but he rehashed a few old bits. Tell you what though, the protesters at Netflix angry at Chapelle’s special, they’ll want to tear the building down after that.

Has anyone done Damnation? Has been on my list for ages. I like the premise of it but haven’t had time to watch a single episode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had a look at that platform the other day TT, very light on for content.

Yeah I only need it for A—League and Dexter, which I’m hoping ch 10 will eventually show anyway (being owned by the same folk as Paramount).

With all the competing streaming sites you’re better off with paying for a decent VPN and then you can watch anything. Or fork out for one of those boxes that lets you stream everything.

How many are there now? Netflix, Stan, Amazon, Disney, Paramount +, Apple and probably more that I’m forgetting. Makes me wonder where it’s all heading.

With all the competing streaming sites you’re better off with paying for a decent VPN and then you can watch anything. Or fork out for one of those boxes that lets you stream everything.

How many are there now? Netflix, Stan, Amazon, Disney, Paramount +, Apple and probably more that I’m forgetting. Makes me wonder where it’s all heading.

Pardon my ignorance, but how does a vpn help? Is there some kind of aggregation service?

It hides your IP address so you can use dodgy streaming sites. Don’t know exactly how it works but it works.
Well I mean, if you are OK with doing this you may as well just download the torrent.

Well I mean, if you are OK with doing this you may as well just download the torrent.

Yeah I used to but then I just found it easier to stream. Tbh I stopped after I got Netflix but then all the new platforms popped up and I’m not going to have a heap of subscriptions. I still have Netflix and Disney.

It’d be great if everything was pay per view without the subscription imo. Movies, TV series, sport. Everything.

It hides your IP address so you can use dodgy streaming sites. Don’t know exactly how it works but it works.
Oh, ok, you can use most of those services without a vpn, but sometimes can get earlier access to overseas content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back