Opinion North Board-Media & Entertainment

Normally not a fan of animated series or its associated game, but the recent Arcane series on Netflix is beyond brilliant. Animated really well, deep characters, a well-developed villain and well developed duality themes.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2012
Caught in the web.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Season 2 of Tiger King done.

Stated off a bit meh, but got going the last 3 eps.

One thing is for sure, you couldn't trust any of them. Their own truths seem to chop and change depending on what suits them best.

And a shout out to the Russian lady who makes a cameo in ep.4 who steals the show with a couple of epic 1 liners.😄

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
End of Narcos was unsatisfying

Anyway started the The North Water on Binge about Whaling in the Arctic 1850’s

Omg

Brutal

Have you watched El Chapo? According to Ed Caldron who’s a Mexican American that was involved as a officer in the fight against the cartels reckons it’s a more historically accurate take on what happened.

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched part 1 last night.

The footage of Paul writing Get Back was jaw dropping.

Another highlight was John and co. banging on about plastic set design while Macca knocks out Let It Be in the background. Real “mum and dad look at me” type stuff.
Got all 3 ep's and thought i would plough through them all in one go :), didn't realise they were all 2 1/2 hours plus, so it took 3 sittings.

How seamlessly did Billy Preston slot in on keyboards at pretty short notice ? looked like he had been in the band since day one, also, how appropriate was the name of that cop that was trying to shut the rooftop concert down, P.C. Dagg.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Got all 3 ep's and thought i would plough through them all in one go :), didn't realise they were all 2 1/2 hours plus, so it took 3 sittings.

How seamlessly did Billy Preston slot in on keyboards at pretty short notice ? looked like he had been in the band since day one, also, how appropriate was the name of that cop that was trying to shut the rooftop concert down, P.C. Dagg.

Yeah Billy was the perfect right place right time guy. He was a breathe of fresh air for them at that point.

I haven’t had time to watch part 3 yet but looking forward to it.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
First 2 episodes of the hawkeye series arent bad if you like the franchise.
Not sure how Hailey Steinfeld is going to go long term though.
She doesn't reach me as the superhero type.

First 2 episodes of the hawkeye series arent bad if you like the franchise.
Not sure how Hailey Steinfeld is going to go long term though.
She doesn't reach me as the superhero type.
Jeremy Renner’s character being one of the weaker and less popular avengers probably doesn’t help. The MCU is suffering from a bit of fatigue atm.

Back