Remove this Banner Ad

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Watched the first 4 of afterlife.
Not as good as previous seasons but some good stuff

One of the characters is just s**t though IMO. They seem to be going for some awkward/shock stuff but it just comes across as year 8 humour with some real misogyny undertones. I'll be interested to see if anyone agrees.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos

One of the characters is just sh*t though IMO. They seem to be going for some awkward/shock stuff but it just comes across as year 8 humour with some real misogyny undertones. I'll be interested to see if anyone agrees.

With only a few minutes in the shock factor of the C Bomb has worn off and it’s boorish as opposed to comedic

Shall see if I can spot the character you suggested

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

One of the characters is just sh*t though IMO. They seem to be going for some awkward/shock stuff but it just comes across as year 8 humour with some real misogyny undertones. I'll be interested to see if anyone agrees.

I watched a bunch of episodes last night. Still made me laugh out loud a few times. It’s cringe comedy, spose that’s Gervais’ brand.

My favourite character is the psychologist and he’s as misogynistic character in the show, but it’s more that you laugh at him and not with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I watched a bunch of episodes last night. Still made me laugh out loud a few times. It’s cringe comedy, spose that’s Gervais’ brand.

My favourite character is the psychologist and he’s as misogynistic character in the show, but it’s more that you laugh at him and not with him.
Yeah I think that's where we differ Val, I hate the psychiatrist character! And yeah, there are always awkward moments in RG's stuff - and they're often hilarious. But all this stuff from Brian is overdone a bit much IMO.

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah I think that's where we differ Val, I hate the psychiatrist character! And yeah, there are always awkward moments in RG's stuff - and they're often hilarious. But all this stuff from Brian is overdone a bit much IMO.

Yeah but that’s the point of the character.

Even Rickys character doesn’t want anything to do with him.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Oh him. He was in Season 2. I think I wrote the same thing last year to someone. We’ve only nearly finished Ep 2. He’s right off and not funny. Plain offensive

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Oh him. He was in Season 2. I think I wrote the same thing last year to someone. We’ve only nearly finished Ep 2. He’s right off and not funny. Plain offensive
We finished afterlife just now. It really is a great show, there are just a few things that drag it down unnecessarily IMO. Disappointed it's over though.

Mayor of Kingstown : 10 episode series with Jeremy Renner, Aiden Gillen, Hugh Dillon.

Pretty gritty show with corruption in Prisons, Swat/Police, lots of violence, drugs, etc, 4 ep's in and actually quite realistic and not a bad watch, will do until Ozark returns next week. 7.5/10

Dec 27, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Mayor of Kingstown : 10 episode series with Jeremy Renner, Aiden Gillen, Hugh Dillon.

Pretty gritty show with corruption in Prisons, Swat/Police, lots of violence, drugs, etc, 4 ep's in and actually quite realistic and not a bad watch, will do until Ozark returns next week. 7.5/10

I liked it. You need to suspend reality a bit but it’s a good crime show.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
We finished afterlife just now. It really is a great show, there are just a few things that drag it down unnecessarily IMO. Disappointed it's over though.
:'(:'(

Geezus those last few minutes Orange Peanut were so sad in the final episode.

Nice trailer, but already very worried about some of the casting and behind the scene choices. If they bastard the original LOTR lore, I'm not going to be very happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back