North Central Football League - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: North Central Football League

stupid thing to say Bolivar. the only thing decent about Scrambler is his racking left boot.

so you are not rating his pace, ball winning ablity and quality of possession, which he does time after time??? pretty interesting. Obviously he has proved himself as a good player by already winning the feeny, and i cant see why he wont do it again. givin that douglas is a big threat, but will have votes stolen by a range of players from the burn. Andrews wood be another danger, but i cant see him getting the votes as they arent as dominate, but then again doesnt really have anyone in the side to steal votes from him, excluding Goldsmith (He is freak!!). after that no-one else really stands out. Votes that can be taken from Scambler wood probly only go to the angry helmet, Tyler or Noonan.

Charlton generally have 5-6 top players, and 15 or so duds. Donald will be the side to beat this year, as their finals hopes eventually die off for sure, you will see the likes of Anderson pop back into the 3rds, just as they have done for years
well anderson is not even that good hasnt been seen for weeks anyone no where he went?

Charlton generally have 5-6 top players, and 15 or so duds. Donald will be the side to beat this year, as their finals hopes eventually die off for sure, you will see the likes of Anderson pop back into the 3rds, just as they have done for years

Can we please move the 3rds conversations back to the u16/u13 thread? It was made for a reason! Enough junk posts to read through on here without stuff that is just on the wrong thread!
Cheers.

Your sucking the fun out of this tread. A little bit of swearing never hurt any one.....

So far, all that i have got rid of, is personal attacks. if you are referring to the _____'s in "Stretcher Boy"'s post, i didn't touch it :)

If you have a problem with anything in particular, im sure you would be more than happy to PM it to me, rather than posting it here :thumbsu:

Shaping as a big finals series this year in the North Central who's everyones tips?

For those who are interested there i spotted a good interview with Boort star Matt Rice on centralvicfooty.

Shaping as a big finals series this year in the North Central who's everyones tips?

For those who are interested there i spotted a good interview with Boort star Matt Rice on centralvicfooty.
Any chance of doing an interview with wyche playmaker jake white fair chance to get the opposite sex to tune into centralvicfooty

Thanks for chatting with Central Vic Footy Matt, Our first North Central player. You play with the Boort Magpies did you grow up in the town?
Yeah i was a Boort boy until the start of year ten when I went down to Ballarat for school.

Boort are enjoying a great start to the season give us a summary of the season to date?
It has been a great start to the season. We started the season with a bit top play for and started strong against Wycheproof. We have had a few tough games along the way in Charlton and Wedderburn who we rate as tough tems. We have played all teams so far having good wins against most of them.

You represented the league at Interleague level how have you rate your own form to date?
Yeah, that was a great game to be part of. Playing with the best players in your league is fantastic and you learn a lot from players at that level. My form has been ok in the midfield this year but is made a lot easier with good players around me.

Just on the Interleague match I believe it was the first time the North Central how won a match at Interleague level and you may have sealed the deal in the final seconds what was that like?
I think it was the first win in 34 years so it was a great game to be part of as the 1974 winning team was at the game to see. Yeah kicked the last goal of the game with a few seconds on the clock it was a great finish to a great day of football for both teams.

I bet your hoping it’s not the only drought breaking victory that your a part of this season. The last time Boort won a senior Premiership was 1982 under Tony Southcombe who do you believe are the main sides to beat? and why do you think this team can do it?
82 was the last time. The great thing about this league is that any team can win against any other team so its wide open this season. The teams this season that i believe will give us the most trouble will be Wedderburn as they are such a hard and solid team that love the hard ball. The other team that i think is a great team is Birchip they have some great midfield players that if given an inch will take a mile. The good thing about our side this year is that we have a variety of players for example Aaron Walkate, Jimmy Keeble, Nick Parker who have great speed and then we have the harder older bodies such as Chris Beatie, Andrew Coonie that give the side balance. This year for the first time we have height which makes it hard for other sides to match up on.

Now your based in Bendigo, studying teaching hows that going? and is there any temptation to try your luck in the BFL in years to come?
Yeah im based in Bendigo as you said studying education. I have thought about staying in Bendigo and playing with a Bendigo team,but i thought against the idea this year as i wanted to play with my two brothers and mates for a final year in boort . As well as that i wanted to see the rewards of hard work over the last three or four seasons and finish with a win in that last weekend in september.

Obviously a Senior Premiership at Boort is the big achievement your gunning for at the moment what are some of your other achievements to this stage of your football career that sit nicely with you?
Yeah thats the won that im after for sure! At this stage I haven’t won a premiership at any level which is the main reason I play. Some of the things that I’m proud of is playing for the North Ballarat Rebels for three years as well as St. Patricks College which is a great football school to be part of. I also won a junior league B/F a few years back now. One thing that does sit nicely was the chance to play with both of my brothers in the last two years.

Outside of Football when time is on your side what does a young bloke like yourself get up to?
Being a uni student time is always on my side. Just try to keep myself as busy as i can. Try and fill in the day with a bit of soccer of the ps2 as well as a bit of cricket in the yard. Its hard to try and find things to do when you have so much time and your on a uni salary.

Well it’s great talking with you Matt, Good luck for the rest of the year and I’m sure it would be a feel good story if Boort were to claim the 2008 North Central Premiership.
With a bit of hard work maybe it just could happen. Thanks very much mate!

Your sucking the fun out of this tread. A little bit of swearing never hurt any one.....

Speaking of sucking trucker, i hear your mate moose was back to his old ways on the weekend. I see the anger management classes have paid off. Fancy picking on poor old sonagan. He is very, very loose in the cannon department. But then again he isn't as bad as red white and blue Ison. :thumbsu:;):cool::p:confused::rolleyes::D

Speaking of sucking trucker, i hear your mate moose was back to his old ways on the weekend. I see the anger management classes have paid off. Fancy picking on poor old sonagan. He is very, very loose in the cannon department. But then again he isn't as bad as red white and blue Ison. :thumbsu:;):cool::p:confused::rolleyes::D

And you'v lost me there grass hopper......... Had to leave the footy early to help a few old Saints celebrate there first win in 3 years or so

(Log in to remove this ad.)

does any one know what the criteria is for a player to play under a permit

Don't quote me on this, but im pretty sure you can't go from Major League > Minor League, but you can go from Minor league > Major league... Major > Major league is also allowed if im not mistaken (unsure about Minor > Minor, but can't see the problem)

Major > Minor :thumbsu:
Minor > Major :thumbsdown:
Major > Major
icon5.gif
:thumbsu:
Minor > Minor
icon5.gif

Don't quote me on this, but im pretty sure you can't go from Major League > Minor League, but you can go from Minor league > Major league... Major > Major league is also allowed if im not mistaken (unsure about Minor > Minor, but can't see the problem)

Major > Major
icon5.gif
Minor > Minor
icon5.gif

I think you've made a meal of that M4S!

Major > Major
icon5.gif
Minor > Minor
icon5.gif

WTF is that you stupid liitle biatch????

This thread has turned to s**t since u became a mod. Your grasp on the game is quesionable, no fcuking idea. Where is the master of roc? I know his saints are sh!t____inghouse, but get back on here.

I hear both StArnaud(thanks for the spelling lesson) and wedderburn will be without there best player this week?

im just a lad from the district, i don't specifically follow anyone at the moment, but i have a soft spot for the Navies, they've got a few talented youngsters coming through

Young McKee goes well, Tatchel is ever improving, and young Finlay will end up better than his brother ever was. But thats only my opinion. What's your view on the youngsters coming through the ranks of the North Central Footy league? Those playing in the senior ranks at the moment, as well as those playing their final years of Junior Footy.

Young McKee goes well, Tatchel is ever improving, and young Finlay will end up better than his brother ever was. But thats only my opinion. What's your view on the youngsters coming through the ranks of the North Central Footy league? Those playing in the senior ranks at the moment, as well as those playing their final years of Junior Footy.

Like i said earlier, you have no idea.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back